how many push ups can you do

Around November I was able to do 45-50(would do 4-5 sets every other day. I stopped working out and recently picked back up and can only do 30-40.

I've just joined an LA Fitness gym and was doing a fitness test. I never used to work out (only play sports) and did 45. Apparently, the average is 50 which I find hard to believe. Maybe the average of people who workout but not the average joe on the street.

anyway, it's 45 for now and working my way up.

probably 10 and thats it... im just lazy and i have 0 upper body strength which is why i can only do 1 pull up in high school and i was actually in shape :lol:

All it means is you have a strong upper back and shoulders.

Or, you're light as fk

semi srs. I wish my pull up game was on point

Is that not what matters in a sense of the push-up exercise...

You can get a momentum going in push-ups and get it in. Pull-ups is pure strength homey.

Sugar coat that all you want.

Last edited:
All it means is you have a strong upper back and shoulders.

Or, you're light as fk

semi srs. I wish my pull up game was on point

Is that not what matters in these matter of the push-up exercise...

You can get a momentum going in push-ups and get it in. Pull-ups is pure strength homey.

Sugar coat that all you want.

A lot of guys I see cranking out a bunch of pull ups, also have chicken legs.

Its easy to pull up when you're pulling up chop sticks.

I personally think its all about balance.

Really no sugar coating to that.

But like I said before, light heartedly, I wish my pull up game was stronger, because it does indeed require some real strength if you're over a buck 50

I do 4-6 sets of 25 and alternate between push ups and planks(just started those). I try to do 300 a day, nothing special but i started lifting in january again after i rehabbed my arm. Cant do pull up for **** tho, the bullet in my bicep gives me problems.

Forreal I can do 50-75 push-ups before getting tired... I've been doing the full deck of card push-up workout for s few yrs now

:rofl: if i didn't see that response when i got back i would have been disappointed.

Last edited:
i did the max (67) in my last test and just stopped (no point imo) and it was at 47 seconds.......so maybe 73-78?
i did them during a mock pt test so i just went all out for the hell of it.

and it's slightly baffling to me that people in this thread who don't lift or do push ups on the regular believe that anything over 50 is impossible 
laugh.gif

i did them during a mock pt test so i just went all out for the hell of it.
and it's slightly baffling to me that people in this thread who don't lift or do push ups on the regular believe that anything over 50 is impossible :lol:

"ANYTHING IS POSSSSSSSIBLEEEEEEE"- KG

I do 4 sets of 25 on my off days from the gym and don't struggle with it.

Never tried to do it till failure

Back when I was 18 and 160lbs I could do 2 sets of 50 easily. Now at 26 and 210 I wish [emoji]128514[/emoji]. I'm in the gym tho the last month. Give me till may imma be back at it.

Back
Top Bottom