How old is to old?

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

better question is how old is too old to be poor?  Man a job is a job.  You can work at a shoe store while you attempt to find something better too.  Don't let nobody stop your cashflow.
^ Thank you. Money is money.

Originally Posted by RockAJs

your never too old to work for kicks

^ But you can always be too stupid. NEVER work for sneakers, you'll feel like a fool in the end. Work for money.

Originally Posted by RockAJs

your never too old to work for kicks

^ But you can always be too stupid. NEVER work for sneakers, you'll feel like a fool in the end. Work for money.

Originally Posted by j671

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Depends on a lot of factors. Your ambitions, background/circumstances

Me personally, I could not work at a mall retailer after 18...neither will my kids.

They are getting professional internships their freshmen summer in college.

However, not everyone has the luxury. You have to get it like you're living. If you're 30 and the only job you are able to get is FA manager....well thats what you have to do
unfortunately, my background is my downfall.ive ruined everything.Im not even allowed to go to college.I cant afford it either.I'm stuck at 15 an hr right now.My only way im going to exceed is asst mng which is 43g's a year.then, co mngr at 80g's.I will say that ,even with what Ive done,Ive got a job.Im thankful,even if i know that people look at my job as sucker status at 28.I get what I can get.Even if people are judging me, I dont let it bother me, because at the end of the day, I pay my own bills.
where do you work? you make it sound like a dead end retail job but then the salary figures for asst manager and manager had me going 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by j671

Me personally, I could not work at a mall retailer after 18...neither will my kids.

However, not everyone has the luxury. You have to get it like you're living. If you're 30 and the only job you are able to get is FA manager....well thats what you have to do
unfortunately, my background is my downfall.ive ruined everything.Im not even allowed to go to college.I cant afford it either.I'm stuck at 15 an hr right now.My only way im going to exceed is asst mng which is 43g's a year.then, co mngr at 80g's.I will say that ,even with what Ive done,Ive got a job.Im thankful,even if i know that people look at my job as sucker status at 28.I get what I can get.Even if people are judging me, I dont let it bother me, because at the end of the day, I pay my own bills.
where do you work? you make it sound like a dead end retail job but then the salary figures for asst manager and manager had me going 
eek.gif

For myself...I'd say past 21-22 yrs old, but then again I've never worked at a shoe store.

For myself...I'd say past 21-22 yrs old, but then again I've never worked at a shoe store.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

man i see 30+ year olds working @ gamestop

gamestop 
sick.gif
 now THAT is is one terrible job
dont matter how old u are dude, a jobs a job

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

man i see 30+ year olds working @ gamestop

gamestop 
sick.gif
 now THAT is is one terrible job
dont matter how old u are dude, a jobs a job

However, not everyone has the luxury. You have to get it like you're living. If you're 30 and the only job you are able to get is FA manager....well thats what you have to do.
laugh.gif

You should be very proud of yourself...

However, not everyone has the luxury. You have to get it like you're living. If you're 30 and the only job you are able to get is FA manager....well thats what you have to do.
laugh.gif

You should be very proud of yourself...

I'm surprised nobody did this yet?

"sceptical"
sick.gif

I adhere to the notion that you do whatever (besides getting stuffed in the orfices) to put food on the table. Menial jobs are not menial jobs anymore in this recession. However, I do believe that people should still be ambitious and keep reaching for whatever their personal professional goals.

I'm surprised nobody did this yet?

"sceptical"
sick.gif

I adhere to the notion that you do whatever (besides getting stuffed in the orfices) to put food on the table. Menial jobs are not menial jobs anymore in this recession. However, I do believe that people should still be ambitious and keep reaching for whatever their personal professional goals.

times is hard fam, folks getting a job where they can. I know folks working at Finish Line as a means of supplementing their income.

Working 2-3 jobs to pay bills and keep credit intact> working b/c of pride, age, etc. and having bad credit/late fees/reconnection fees

times is hard fam, folks getting a job where they can. I know folks working at Finish Line as a means of supplementing their income.

Working 2-3 jobs to pay bills and keep credit intact> working b/c of pride, age, etc. and having bad credit/late fees/reconnection fees

Originally Posted by Klock

Depends on how they pay for a manager position

I would consider it for a 2nd job

Mainly for the employee discount lol

I'm 30 tho

and feel mad old right now

I'm outta here

lmao
I would do it as a side job if I didn't already have one.

Vices are expensive, and if shoes are your vice why not get a fat discount to go with some extra money on the side.  I wouldn't do it as my full time job though, unless I had to, but as a side job most def.

Unfortunately salaries are not increasing at the rate of inflation, and climbing up the ladder is a slower process nowadays.  A second job is necessary if you want to splurge on the occasional luxury.

Spoiler [+]
I <3 my part time job, don't think I'll ever give it up

Originally Posted by Klock

Depends on how they pay for a manager position

I would consider it for a 2nd job

Mainly for the employee discount lol

I'm 30 tho

and feel mad old right now

I'm outta here

lmao
I would do it as a side job if I didn't already have one.

Vices are expensive, and if shoes are your vice why not get a fat discount to go with some extra money on the side.  I wouldn't do it as my full time job though, unless I had to, but as a side job most def.

Unfortunately salaries are not increasing at the rate of inflation, and climbing up the ladder is a slower process nowadays.  A second job is necessary if you want to splurge on the occasional luxury.

Spoiler [+]
I <3 my part time job, don't think I'll ever give it up

laugh.gif
 Some of you guys just don't know how lucky you are.  Dudes turning their nose up at jobs and don't even have a degree.  So of ya'll have no idea how real it is out in the world.  People with degrees struggling.  People with years of experience are struggling.

im saying, you got people who have gone to college for years and cant find a job, and you act like your too good to work retail?

ive worked retail for about 7 years now, why? because i hate school and couldnt go to school "just because" like most people.

managers i know at footlocker/footaction/champs make 45  - 50 K a year, before bonuses, and you dont have to stop there, you can be DMs, Buyers, Etc.

aint nothing wrong with it my dude.

laugh.gif
 Some of you guys just don't know how lucky you are.  Dudes turning their nose up at jobs and don't even have a degree.  So of ya'll have no idea how real it is out in the world.  People with degrees struggling.  People with years of experience are struggling.

im saying, you got people who have gone to college for years and cant find a job, and you act like your too good to work retail?

ive worked retail for about 7 years now, why? because i hate school and couldnt go to school "just because" like most people.

managers i know at footlocker/footaction/champs make 45  - 50 K a year, before bonuses, and you dont have to stop there, you can be DMs, Buyers, Etc.

aint nothing wrong with it my dude.

Back
Top Bottom