How would you feel about lending money in this situation?

NEVER lend out money you would be upset not getting back. That is a cardinal rule.

And really? You gave him $60 so he could have sex with some random chick when you know he has a gf and a child at home? You're just as nasty as he is.

NEVER lend out money you would be upset not getting back. That is a cardinal rule.

And really? You gave him $60 so he could have sex with some random chick when you know he has a gf and a child at home? You're just as nasty as he is.

there's a reason why some people are broke...

I only lend $ to people that have it (drug problems, other accounts, need cash)
BlackStilettos wrote:
I hope you're a scorn woman, that is the dumbest logic
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

there's a reason why some people are broke...

I only lend $ to people that have it (drug problems, other accounts, need cash)
BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I see where you're coming from OP, in all honesty, money CAN ruin friendships, IF you allow them to, I think they way to look at the situation fromhere on out is "if youre loaning money to someone who has issues generating income, be aware that you *AMY* not see that money for a long time or ever for that matter. In THIS case, I'd confront him on the fact he bought the macbook and phones while youre left out high and dry. of course you'd bring it up in a way thats non demeaning ect. I've loaned to a couple people, for rent, food, phone ect. got paid back by some, and not from others, there was even one person who I decided that ending the "friendship" was worth the $200, they keep it and I dont ever have to see/hear them again

I see where you're coming from OP, in all honesty, money CAN ruin friendships, IF you allow them to, I think they way to look at the situation fromhere on out is "if youre loaning money to someone who has issues generating income, be aware that you *AMY* not see that money for a long time or ever for that matter. In THIS case, I'd confront him on the fact he bought the macbook and phones while youre left out high and dry. of course you'd bring it up in a way thats non demeaning ect. I've loaned to a couple people, for rent, food, phone ect. got paid back by some, and not from others, there was even one person who I decided that ending the "friendship" was worth the $200, they keep it and I dont ever have to see/hear them again

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Oh, I am so, so saddened that you, some dude I don't know and don't care about, thought my logic was dumb and that you hope I am a scorned woman.

But seriously, you thinking little of what I wrote won't change my opinion on him lending out the money for something that stupid, nasty, and irresponsible. I don't know a single man who would do what OP did. My friends would give the friend asking for hotel money a "sit your butt down" look, go about their business, and keep their money in their pocket.
laugh.gif

BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Oh, I am so, so saddened that you, some dude I don't know and don't care about, thought my logic was dumb and that you hope I am a scorned woman.

But seriously, you thinking little of what I wrote won't change my opinion on him lending out the money for something that stupid, nasty, and irresponsible. I don't know a single man who would do what OP did. My friends would give the friend asking for hotel money a "sit your butt down" look, go about their business, and keep their money in their pocket.
laugh.gif

i dont do that %**% i dont care. you need to set your priorities if you need to borrow 60$ - 300$.

one of my cousin's owes me like 100$. and i know hes not gonna pay me back unless he wins the lottery cause he's not going places.

i dont do that %**% i dont care. you need to set your priorities if you need to borrow 60$ - 300$.

one of my cousin's owes me like 100$. and i know hes not gonna pay me back unless he wins the lottery cause he's not going places.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

It's easy to talk when you're not in the situation. It's not like I met this guy last year and we hung out time to time. We knew each other for a very long time and we're very close. Morally I did feel wrong for giving the hotel money but I felt our friendship was very strong. This is the first time money was ever an issue between us. And don't get it wrong, I gave him my little speech when I told him about money messes up friendships. The thing is, both him and another friend thought I went overboard in trying to make that point. 

BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

It's easy to talk when you're not in the situation. It's not like I met this guy last year and we hung out time to time. We knew each other for a very long time and we're very close. Morally I did feel wrong for giving the hotel money but I felt our friendship was very strong. This is the first time money was ever an issue between us. And don't get it wrong, I gave him my little speech when I told him about money messes up friendships. The thing is, both him and another friend thought I went overboard in trying to make that point. 

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

LOL. I've had friends/acquaintances ask me for $$$ so they could engage in very questionable activities, and my answer was "no". Point blank. I never lend out money if I feel like I'll miss it. I always "lend" out assuming I will never see the money again, and I just wouldn't be ok lending money I may never see again for something so stupid. It's not a big deal and I don't feel like discussing the point to death; that's just my opinion.

I mean, whatever, it's your money to do as you please, and I hope you get your money back eventually. Just use this as lesson. You say your friendship with him is strong, but dude is doing everything BUT paying you back. Whether it be $60 or $300, that's really messed up.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

BlackStilettos wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

LOL. I've had friends/acquaintances ask me for $$$ so they could engage in very questionable activities, and my answer was "no". Point blank. I never lend out money if I feel like I'll miss it. I always "lend" out assuming I will never see the money again, and I just wouldn't be ok lending money I may never see again for something so stupid. It's not a big deal and I don't feel like discussing the point to death; that's just my opinion.

I mean, whatever, it's your money to do as you please, and I hope you get your money back eventually. Just use this as lesson. You say your friendship with him is strong, but dude is doing everything BUT paying you back. Whether it be $60 or $300, that's really messed up.

Back
Top Bottom