HUF San Fransisco closing down...sad

BgL2687 wrote

don't know about the LA location, but SF
laugh.gif
...them dudes didn't even know what customer service was. 

Thank You! I didn't want to be the only one coming in here to give out a bad goodbye but the workers wouldn't helped you unless they knew you had money, damn near had to flash a hundred out my pocket everytime I walked in

so i'm assuming the other store on sutter closed down already. i stopped by both shops in years past...some of cats are cool, some not so much when i visited. i definitely value customer service. 

so i'm assuming the other store on sutter closed down already. i stopped by both shops in years past...some of cats are cool, some not so much when i visited. i definitely value customer service. 

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

I'll never understand why people get but hurt over this.

they better not step into undftd or supreme then
or any other streetwear, boutique, etc shop for that matter 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

I'll never understand why people get but hurt over this.

they better not step into undftd or supreme then
or any other streetwear, boutique, etc shop for that matter 
laugh.gif

HUF workers use to be real nice, as time went on...Things uh...Changed.

One of their locations closed a while back.

HUF workers use to be real nice, as time went on...Things uh...Changed.

One of their locations closed a while back.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I'm not in SF so I don't go to HUF, but I have to agree about the employee's being total douches. I understand hooking up your regulars, friends and family, but there should be no reason these boutique shops(Alife, Huf, Supreme, Nort, UDFTD, etc.) should be disrespecting their customers or potential customers. Where is the logic in that? Maybe that is the reason why they are failing and having to close down shops. Only reason some of the people put up with $$%+ like that was because they would get limited crap no other spot would get, so they could buy, resell and because some of them flat out had no self-respect. How come sneaker shops in the hood could last 20+ years, but these hyped boutique can't even last a decade. The difference is they actually provide good customer service and treat people with respect, had they tried that from the get go maybe people would have been loyal and got return business, instead of walking out saying what bunch of jerks. Maybe if you can build a brand like Supreme with cult following you may get away with it, but even Supreme realized it and started treating people a little better. It doesn't hurt to treat people with some dignity.

Anyway the golden era for streetwear and sneakers are long gone and I realized that waiting in line for the cool grey 11's last year. These new breed of "collectors" have no idea what this hobby/culture was about. I'll end my rant here.

A+, cosign everything here. But you waited in line for the new CG XI?
laugh.gif
 didnt think you'd succumb to the new retro quality.

I remember in 2006, when I visited NYC and walked in Flight Club, there was a guy who was "non-sneakerheaded-out", i heard dudes whispering "bet he dont know what those are" when he was checking out a pair of Unkles. While a NTer who was showing me around the city at that time had on Lodens, and i had on Homers....and we were being attended to. I felt bad for the other guy....
grin.gif
 dont know if anything had changed since. Havent been back to NYC since '07 *sigh

With that said, shout out to Elite Boardshop in VA. I love all the employees in there. They show love to everyone! Skaters, sneakerheads, and regular joes of all trades. Thats how good business is supposed to be. Major, on the other hand
tired.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I'm not in SF so I don't go to HUF, but I have to agree about the employee's being total douches. I understand hooking up your regulars, friends and family, but there should be no reason these boutique shops(Alife, Huf, Supreme, Nort, UDFTD, etc.) should be disrespecting their customers or potential customers. Where is the logic in that? Maybe that is the reason why they are failing and having to close down shops. Only reason some of the people put up with $$%+ like that was because they would get limited crap no other spot would get, so they could buy, resell and because some of them flat out had no self-respect. How come sneaker shops in the hood could last 20+ years, but these hyped boutique can't even last a decade. The difference is they actually provide good customer service and treat people with respect, had they tried that from the get go maybe people would have been loyal and got return business, instead of walking out saying what bunch of jerks. Maybe if you can build a brand like Supreme with cult following you may get away with it, but even Supreme realized it and started treating people a little better. It doesn't hurt to treat people with some dignity.

Anyway the golden era for streetwear and sneakers are long gone and I realized that waiting in line for the cool grey 11's last year. These new breed of "collectors" have no idea what this hobby/culture was about. I'll end my rant here.

A+, cosign everything here. But you waited in line for the new CG XI?
laugh.gif
 didnt think you'd succumb to the new retro quality.

I remember in 2006, when I visited NYC and walked in Flight Club, there was a guy who was "non-sneakerheaded-out", i heard dudes whispering "bet he dont know what those are" when he was checking out a pair of Unkles. While a NTer who was showing me around the city at that time had on Lodens, and i had on Homers....and we were being attended to. I felt bad for the other guy....
grin.gif
 dont know if anything had changed since. Havent been back to NYC since '07 *sigh

With that said, shout out to Elite Boardshop in VA. I love all the employees in there. They show love to everyone! Skaters, sneakerheads, and regular joes of all trades. Thats how good business is supposed to be. Major, on the other hand
tired.gif

Originally Posted by flipzahoy

wow thats crazy, does anyone know why its closing? i cant imagine this store doing poorly with sales

When I went to the LA warehouse sale in Mid-December one of the guys said they're pretty much moving the whole HUF Design/Creative team as well as their distribution down here to LA. It makes sense I guess, but one of my highlights of my trip to SF was hitting up Sutter, which closed up shop not too long ago.
As long as there's Fairfax
smokin.gif

<3 HUF

#DBC

Originally Posted by flipzahoy

wow thats crazy, does anyone know why its closing? i cant imagine this store doing poorly with sales

When I went to the LA warehouse sale in Mid-December one of the guys said they're pretty much moving the whole HUF Design/Creative team as well as their distribution down here to LA. It makes sense I guess, but one of my highlights of my trip to SF was hitting up Sutter, which closed up shop not too long ago.
As long as there's Fairfax
smokin.gif

<3 HUF

#DBC

Damn... RIP HUF SF

You took a lot of my money a few years ago, but damn there were some good times too.

I was a regular there when I lived in SF, didn't really trip off the customer service. I use to walk in, look around, either bought something or left and went on about my business.

Although I haven't been there in years or bought any of their product since then, it's still sad to see a place I use to love just suddenly close down.

Damn... RIP HUF SF

You took a lot of my money a few years ago, but damn there were some good times too.

I was a regular there when I lived in SF, didn't really trip off the customer service. I use to walk in, look around, either bought something or left and went on about my business.

Although I haven't been there in years or bought any of their product since then, it's still sad to see a place I use to love just suddenly close down.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

The Hundreds will be next
laugh.gif

Aaanyways.

Truly the end of an era.. for Huf SF. But Huf as a brand continues to thrive and flourish. I miss the days of all 3 Sutter shops most of all, they really defined the San Francisco streetwear/sneaker experience.  I am a Keith Hufnagel fan first and foremost for skateboarding, and then once he opened his retail boutiques, he did some amazing things that none of us could even imagine. Now he and the Huf crew are onto the next thing that is right for their company, maybe not as much noise as a 100-person lineup for a Nike, but quietly making a mark through wholesale.

San Francisco is still alive and strong as ever, do not get it wrong. Why don't we look to our good man Mike Brown and TRUE for example, holding down the game forever and not going anywhere.  Black Scale has brought a new element and light to SF.  Benny Gold? An SF icon at this point.  I personally long for the days in the City of Red Five, Rolo, and Recon.  When those stores closed down, people said the same thing but then a new generation of brands (including ours) moved in and have carried on a tradition.

RIP to HUF in SF.  But always looking forward to what the Bay has got up its sleeve, home of true cultural purveyors.  So.. who's next???

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

The Hundreds will be next
laugh.gif

Aaanyways.

Truly the end of an era.. for Huf SF. But Huf as a brand continues to thrive and flourish. I miss the days of all 3 Sutter shops most of all, they really defined the San Francisco streetwear/sneaker experience.  I am a Keith Hufnagel fan first and foremost for skateboarding, and then once he opened his retail boutiques, he did some amazing things that none of us could even imagine. Now he and the Huf crew are onto the next thing that is right for their company, maybe not as much noise as a 100-person lineup for a Nike, but quietly making a mark through wholesale.

San Francisco is still alive and strong as ever, do not get it wrong. Why don't we look to our good man Mike Brown and TRUE for example, holding down the game forever and not going anywhere.  Black Scale has brought a new element and light to SF.  Benny Gold? An SF icon at this point.  I personally long for the days in the City of Red Five, Rolo, and Recon.  When those stores closed down, people said the same thing but then a new generation of brands (including ours) moved in and have carried on a tradition.

RIP to HUF in SF.  But always looking forward to what the Bay has got up its sleeve, home of true cultural purveyors.  So.. who's next???

Back
Top Bottom