Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

The Hundreds will be next
laugh.gif

Aaanyways.
I can only imagine how crazy expensive your overhead is for Post
But yeah, wholesale > retail
Not as crazy expensive as you'd think.
Wholesale isn't necessarily better than retail, or vice versa. The way we see it, they work together. Retail makes sense for us because we are so control-freakish about our brand, so we have the stores to provide homebases and anchors for the company.  It kinda starts from there and trickles out to our wholesale accounts.   

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

laugh.gif

Aaanyways.
Wholesale isn't necessarily better than retail, or vice versa. The way we see it, they work together. Retail makes sense for us because we are so control-freakish about our brand, so we have the stores to provide homebases and anchors for the company.  It kinda starts from there and trickles out to our wholesale accounts.   

Am i thee only one that doesnt care?

Like yeah theyre closing down the store but theyre still eating and hes doing it so he can focus on his brand. The hell is so sad about it?

Its not like they filed for bankruptcy or something..

Am i thee only one that doesnt care?

Like yeah theyre closing down the store but theyre still eating and hes doing it so he can focus on his brand. The hell is so sad about it?

Its not like they filed for bankruptcy or something..

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

I'll never understand why people get but hurt over this.
Don't get it either. What's with dudes needing to be coddled by retail employees?

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

Don't get it either. What's with dudes needing to be coddled by retail employees?

laugh.gif

Aaanyways.

Truly the end of an era.. for Huf SF. But Huf as a brand continues to thrive and flourish. I miss the days of all 3 Sutter shops most of all, they really defined the San Francisco streetwear/sneaker experience.  I am a Keith Hufnagel fan first and foremost for skateboarding, and then once he opened his retail boutiques, he did some amazing things that none of us could even imagine. Now he and the Huf crew are onto the next thing that is right for their company, maybe not as much noise as a 100-person lineup for a Nike, but quietly making a mark through wholesale.

San Francisco is still alive and strong as ever, do not get it wrong. Why don't we look to our good man Mike Brown and TRUE for example, holding down the game forever and not going anywhere.  Black Scale has brought a new element and light to SF.  Benny Gold? An SF icon at this point.  I personally long for the days in the City of Red Five, Rolo, and Recon.  When those stores closed down, people said the same thing but then a new generation of brands (including ours) moved in and have carried on a tradition.

RIP to HUF in SF.  But always looking forward to what the Bay has got up its sleeve, home of true cultural purveyors.  So.. who's next???

Nice to see you make an appearance Bobby Hundreds.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Aaanyways.

Truly the end of an era.. for Huf SF. But Huf as a brand continues to thrive and flourish. I miss the days of all 3 Sutter shops most of all, they really defined the San Francisco streetwear/sneaker experience.  I am a Keith Hufnagel fan first and foremost for skateboarding, and then once he opened his retail boutiques, he did some amazing things that none of us could even imagine. Now he and the Huf crew are onto the next thing that is right for their company, maybe not as much noise as a 100-person lineup for a Nike, but quietly making a mark through wholesale.

San Francisco is still alive and strong as ever, do not get it wrong. Why don't we look to our good man Mike Brown and TRUE for example, holding down the game forever and not going anywhere.  Black Scale has brought a new element and light to SF.  Benny Gold? An SF icon at this point.  I personally long for the days in the City of Red Five, Rolo, and Recon.  When those stores closed down, people said the same thing but then a new generation of brands (including ours) moved in and have carried on a tradition.

RIP to HUF in SF.  But always looking forward to what the Bay has got up its sleeve, home of true cultural purveyors.  So.. who's next???

Nice to see you make an appearance Bobby Hundreds.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

It's called customer service.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

It's called customer service.

I was bummed when he left DVS to start full time the HUF brand of shoes. I loved the HUF 5's. But Im glad the brand is living on.

I was bummed when he left DVS to start full time the HUF brand of shoes. I loved the HUF 5's. But Im glad the brand is living on.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

laugh.gif

Aaanyways.
They do work together only because you guys at TH do a great job at balancing both but majority of the new folks who open shop do so only because they think it's the cool thing to do. (they can always blame you when they fail 
tongue.gif
 )
I wonder if Collins (The Darkside Initiative) has anything to say about Huf SF closing down. 
nerd.gif

Anyway, I'm still waiting for your Paparazzi 2 entry. I need to replace my first one and I wanna know if it's worth dropping $124.

<3

Back
Top Bottom