I am physically addicted to prescription medication.

First off this isn't your typical " I broke my leg, got in a car accident, got my wisdom teeth pulled, etc. now i'm addicted to pain pills." story.
Nope. Never had them prescribed to me. First off I was living in a town where EVERYONE was on these things from teenagers as young as 13 to even grandparents in their 60's. and when I say on them I mean ON THEM. Like pills being the only thing on the agenda for the day, having with drawl symptoms if they don't have them, and buying them off the streets when they run out if prescribed. Now, the drug I am talking about of course is oxycodone, 30 mg oxycodone to be excact.

I started off at about 16 snorting percocets every now n then, nothing serious, just cause it was the thing to do around my way. Then of course like all drugs you start useing more and more to get the same high. Only problem is with opiates you start to become physically depended to the med. And when you become physically depended you will do anything you can to get high. I've done things that you wouldn't in a million years think of doing just to get money (no ayo).  

My most recent scam was prescription fraud. Printing up my own prescriptions and turning them into the pharmacies. Now of course this wouldn't last forever and eventually I was caught. Charged with 5 felonies plead out to 1 ( conspiring to distribute oxycodone) and just got done serving an 18 month sentence at my county detention center. Now i'm walking out after being locked up 13 months and of course the first thing on my mind is to get !%%#$* up. And of course my drug of choice is pills so I go and get pills. Now after being clean 13 months here I am back doing pills on a daily basis.

My point of this thread is to warn everyone the dangers of this drug. It has literally taken every dollar i've made since about 18 (now 22). Has held me back so much. Destroyed my life up to this point. taken away years that i'll never get back. I've been to rehab, been to jail, moved away, and somehow the pills always make it back into my life. If you EVER get injuried to the point where you have to take pain medication please make sure you take them as prescribed. I would do anything to go back to that one day where I first did a pill. Prescription medication is no joke and will take over your life if not careful.

That is all. thanks for reading.

In B4 Didn't Read.

damn dude i'm taking the 5mg oxycodones right now and the damn things are losing their effect. I still got some pain but I stopped today.

good post man and good for you.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

you from florida?

frown.gif

my sister is addicted to xannys

but she has a script now...

sad !!#*

Originally Posted by ICY DEAD BENZ

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

you from florida?
Na southern MD

Heard %*%@ is off the chain down there too with pills

A couple of my boys from rehab were from FL, and here I was thinking the bay went hard with pills...
get to meetings, distance yourself from that life, get a sponsor.

I got sober through wilderness.

its pretty common

i got a co worker who had prob with prescrips pain killers for his lower back pain

I live in Florida. Hernando County to be exact and everybody I grew up with is hooked on Roxie's. I was addicted to them for over 3 years. This July will be 2 years. They are an evil medication. I never got into writing fake scripts or stealing from people, but it is huge down here. People are selling fake Roxie's now. I am so glad I am over that situation. Not being able to get out of bed unless I snorted a pill is a terrible lifestyle. OP if you need any help feel free to DM and I will try to help if you are trying to get off of them. My best suggestion is too use the drugs.com message board for advice and motivation. Not sure if I would have been able to do it without the great people on there. I would also look to go to a Suboxone doctor. They are an absolutely amazing medication. You literally won't go through withdrawals. You obviously don't feel normal at first, but it gets better. It is very worth the suffering through withdrawals! Please get help now before you end up dead. Lost way too many of my friends from these things. I will pray for you and do anything I can to help.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

OP do you/have you use(d) marijuana?

Yeah from about 12 all the way to 18 heavy.

If I could only smoke weed I would. But when you're physically addicted to something you want that and only that.

I see...I only ask because I've read that it could help people who are addicted to other substances to get off of them. I guess when you've been going heavy with the pills its really hard to start living in this reality again.

you'll make it OP...you just need to get readjusted to this reality again. It's tough but it's def doable.

i was addicted to xanax at one point, started off just sharing a half with a friend...turned into 4 per day deal by the end of HS, its rough...best feeling ever while on them, worst feeling when not...memory loss is the worst, i just quit cold turkey

good luck man

Thanks for posting this OP. I like taking some pills and
pimp.gif
but I've been needing more and more pills to get the same feeling lately. Definitely going to stop now.

sorry to hear about your situation, i lost someone really close to me due to prescription drug abuse. be careful man. have you looked into a methodone or suboxone program?

Ive seen a lot of good people get ruined by pills...Best of luck to dude..Be strong..find motivation in something to get you off these..these things will kill you..be strong best of luck again..we all have the ability to say no to anything you just have to dig deep enough to find it

real life...

i got all sorts of pills at my house... i have cancer and my mom had a knee replacement surgery recently...

she has oxy's and some perc's... i have everything, ambien, vicoden, promethazene, codiene pills, anxiety pills... etc...

we dont really use any of them... my mom hates taking pain pills because they make her feel sick and i just fight through whatever i feel (except ome anxiety and a vic everonce in a while).

thinking about slanging em all since we get em so cheap (good insurance)
laugh.gif

Joe Xanax are a very terrible addiction from what I have heard. The withdrawals are also pretty bad, but they aren't anywhere near the pills he is talking. They completely consume your life. You literally spend all day trying to find them. Worrying about not getting robbed,fake pills,arrested. I started with Percocet,Vicodin & Xanax. Never had the need for it, just wanted to get messed up for parties. Got a hold of a Roxie and I took them maybe twice a month for 2 or 3 months. Went down to Miami for a weekend of partying. Three days of Roxie's in a row and about two months later I was going through withdrawals. I had no idea I was addicted until then.

To the guy who asked about weed it just doesn't do much when your addicted to pain killers. I smoked weed for about two years before I did a pill at all. Loved smoking for those 2 years. Once I started doing painkillers I had absolutely no urge to smoke weed. I could never smoke weed on it. Instead of taking away the paranoia it made it worst. I guess it is because I was not happy with myself and the life I was living. Blowing all my money on drugs. I couldn't take a shower with the lights on, because I couldn't look at myself.

Have tried subs multipule times. I actually take subs whenever I don't have perks. Sometimes I take subs for a few days in attempt to quit but like I said the pills always find theyre way back in my life.

To the dude that asked, before I got locked up I was up to 12-15 30's a day. So about 400MG daily.

Damn man 12-15 is pretty rough. A good buddy of mine is up to about 15-20 a day. It is so sad I really feel for him. He can't get out of bed unless he does atleast 10 a day.

Do you want to stop?

Damn op, I could only imagine how tough it is. Have you tried any holistic exercises to rework your psyche? It might not work for everyone, but I've heard stories of people meditating, doing yoga, stuff like that have helped them keep their heads clear and discipline up.

I had small hand surgery on hand and doctor prescribed me Hydrocodone and havent touched them. He even told me to not even use em if I don't need too cause it may cause addiction.

I did pills for a lil while in high school, but it's destroyed lives of my family members so i quit that %%%! asap.

Good Luck OP

But back in the day, a blunt and 2 xanny's? Shieeeeeeet was crazy yo. Would never remember a damn thing from the night before.

To this day i've never had experiences like that in my life. (Been sober for almost 2 years now
happy.gif
)

sorry to hear all that OP, sounds rough for sure.....just maintain that determination to beat the addiction and anythings possible

I will surely stick to the green only....

Back
Top Bottom