I failed and now my dreams are shattered

Originally Posted by ballislife32688
how embarrassing.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JLking

some one help me please
Hit the books, you can still go to a good university, maybe professional/grad school and get a 6 figure job.

Camron put it best, I'll clean it up. "NBA, they pick people for that".

The coach probably cut you because you're too skinny. How'd you do during the try-outs, like what messed you up?

But just lighten up, pick-up basketball is more fun anyways.

To me, it sounds like you haven't been playing basketball too long. I think you overrate your skills. How did the actual tryouts go? What did you do wrong?Instead of coming here crying about how it's over, maybe you should identity what went wrong during tryouts and work on it.

I get the impression that you spend too much time "practicing" and not enough time playing real games. Anyone can shoot around by themselves or withfriends, do drills and think they're hot !*#@ but it's another thing to actually be able to play well in a real 5 on 5 game-level setting.

I played basketball all 4 years of high school (Freshman squad freshman year/JV sophmore year/ and varsity the rest) and every summer I spent all my time inthe weight room and the gym, EVERY DAY. I'll admit I wasn't one of the elite players on the team but my work ethic proved my worth. I think yourproblems with defense did you in, I wouldn't pick up a dude on my team if he couldn't move his feet. Although honestly if you're a junior and stilltrying to make JV your a little late entering the game as it is...

OP, I know what stage your in, your in the basketballismylifeIwillbeaproonedayandbefilthyrich phase, and theres a time in every mans life when they just haveto put that basketball down and realize, they arent going far and you now must play for fun, and for excercise

LOL" they pic people for that B"
hahah n cam had the flashback moment..

killa season > titanic ,dark knight, starwars combined

I'm starting to get back up now, I realize that half of Nt doesn't know how to read. I fixed my defense along time ago, I'm actually a really gooddefender now and I can drive to the basket, I was saying that I those were the errors in my game 4 weeks ago. I'm gonna take ballislife's advice andget back up and train even harder, I'm gonna play for a different league this year then and train 100 times harder. The coach told me that I needed to workon mainly court vision and handles.

I'm starting to get back up now, I realize that half of Nt doesn't know how to read. I fixed my defense along time ago, I'm actually a really good defender now and I can drive to the basket, I was saying that I those were the errors in my game 4 weeks ago. I'm gonna take ballislife's advice and get back up and train even harder, I'm gonna play for a different league this year then and train 100 times harder. The coach told me that I needed to work on mainly court vision and handles.
So pretty much you can't dribble and when you do its with your head down. Be sure to bump this in a year

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

Ok let me start by saying what Im about to say may break you or inspire you. JL me and you have conversed a few times and im gonna be real with you and hope this helps.
First of all yea you didnt make the team, you only started working out 6 months ago these kids take it seriously and been playing ball most of there lives. You gave your self too much damn credit point blank. Now this is the great part about life, its never too late to be what you want that is if you truly want it. I know your down and that means you have true passion, so get your +++ up and do something about it. Turn that sadness into anger, matter of fact look at all these people in here going on you, take that anger and get up every day with a purpose to be the best. People tell you what you cant do cuz they dont have the will to do so. So right now you need to shut up and decide is this really your dream, if so train everyday, play people who are better than you, train your body, play on AAU teams, wake up before school and train, make the sacrifices necessary... Simply put show me a man who never failed and I'll show you a man who never tried. On the path to great things adversity will come, now decide what you gonna do about it
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

So true, but from now on when you're working on your game, you have to practice the right way. Might as well get all the Better Basketball tapes andpractice everything at game speed (out of your comfort zone).

Lol son said 4 weeks ago though. Fam you fixed sucking at life in four weeks? You may have improved a bit, but 4 weeks aint doing %%+# to your game. I mean famyou a junior and you couldn't make it on jv?
roll.gif
For real though fambasketball obviously just aint for you, you actually think you can train for a month and be straight and make the team? Son you still in high school, take a 20out your mom purse and go buy yourself a dub and enjoy the rest of your teenage years. There's no point in you even trying anymore, I mean what you gonnado train for next year? You gonna be a senior on jv? If by any chance you make it to varsity you think coach gonna give you some pt? Be realistic, and go gethigh and #%#@ some skeezers
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've never played on a basketball team of any kind before[/color]. I'm about 5"11 and 130 pounds

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Well it's no surprise here. With no prior experience of team basketball andvery limited training, did you honestly think you were gonna make the cut?
[/color]
Height isn't necessarily the most essential aspect of basketball, still, you need to get your weight updude.
Are you malnourished or do you have a fast metabolism?[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
[/color]

Originally Posted by Wade187

Lol son said 4 weeks ago though. Fam you fixed sucking at life in four weeks? You may have improved a bit, but 4 weeks aint doing %%+# to your game. I mean fam you a junior and you couldn't make it on jv?
roll.gif
For real though fam basketball obviously just aint for you, you actually think you can train for a month and be straight and make the team? Son you still in high school, take a 20 out your mom purse and go buy yourself a dub and enjoy the rest of your teenage years. There's no point in you even trying anymore, I mean what you gonna do train for next year? You gonna be a senior on jv? If by any chance you make it to varsity you think coach gonna give you some pt? Be realistic, and go get high and #%#@ some skeezers
pimp.gif

You realize he could make varsity next year as a senior and has a year to do it? If you're gonna give advice do it sincerely instead of putting the guydown.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

I'm starting to get back up now, I realize that half of Nt doesn't know how to read. I fixed my defense along time ago, I'm actually a really good defender now and I can drive to the basket, I was saying that I those were the errors in my game 4 weeks ago. I'm gonna take ballislife's advice and get back up and train even harder, I'm gonna play for a different league this year then and train 100 times harder. The coach told me that I needed to work on mainly court vision and handles.
So pretty much you can't dribble and when you do its with your head down. Be sure to bump this in a year
Basically I need to be smarter with the ball, I look up when I dribble, but I'm not very good with my left

Honestly, bust your %+# to get better for next season, work hard, and maybe you'll get to play varsity. However, you have to keep in mind that most ofthese kids have been playing for their whole lives. I know that at least where I grew up, it was the kids that started early and were known by the coaches andjust moved up as the years went on that were on varsity. I played my whole life and had years and years of practice and experience and that's probably whatthey're looking for.

You can shoot around in a gym for months and it won't do much. Those other kids have a TON on you in that they've spent hundreds of hours in games andconsequently, things like court vision and ballhandling and knowing where to be on D comes to them naturally. The best you can do is get into some pickupgames, but that's still not the same. Growing up in organized basketball gives you a ridiculous edge. Those who pick it up as late as you did are usuallyat a pretty big disadvantage. Most coaches like those supersoldier kids that have been raised playing basketball and won't have to spend as much timeworking on the basics.

Play community, keep trying, but focus on school, because at this point it's time to have a new 'dream'.

Hope that helps, I just speak from experience I hope things work out for you.

Edit: I would also like to add that I entered grade 10 the scrawniest kid of all time, and the coach had me put on somemuscle and it really, really helped. Also looks way better. But the weight did help a lot in terms of being able to hold my position since I playedcentre/forward

##*??????????

ur fu$%n 14-15 years old and ur fu$%n trippin hat u failed in life?

ur fu$%n stupid

i guess u have not learned how it is 2 be 23 and have bills

ur parents should take the L for making u.

ur worried about football and not making the team?

did 2 reatrds make a baby?

yes im drunk

heaVINsent15 wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
Lol son said 4 weeks ago though. Fam you fixed sucking at life in four weeks? You may have improved a bit, but 4 weeks aint doing %%+# to your game. I mean fam you a junior and you couldn't make it on jv?
roll.gif
For real though fam basketball obviously just aint for you, you actually think you can train for a month and be straight and make the team? Son you still in high school, take a 20 out your mom purse and go buy yourself a dub and enjoy the rest of your teenage years. There's no point in you even trying anymore, I mean what you gonna do train for next year? You gonna be a senior on jv? If by any chance you make it to varsity you think coach gonna give you some pt? Be realistic, and go get high and #%#@ some skeezers
pimp.gif

You realize he could make varsity next year as a senior and has a year to do it? If you're gonna give advice do it sincerely instead of putting the guy down.

You relize dude couldn't get on jv as a junior? Unless all the juniors in his school suck that's highly unlikely. Even if they do that tells you whereOP is at talent wise. If by some slim chance he does get on to varsity dude is most likely gonna be riding that bench. He is gonna put forth all this effortfor what? Dude aint gonna be seeing no scholarships off this, I mean your dream is to play highschool basketball? Really? Dude could easily just be going outand enjoying his life instead of chasing this dream of his that leads to no where. I mean dude is this emotional after training a few months and not making it.Imagine if he trains a whole year, and fails I don't want this kids death on my conscious. I'm telling dude like it is, sooner or later you gonnarealize it wasn't worth it. Might as well enjoy yourself now, cause even if you succeed, you still don't win

dont just say it, stay humble but believe in your self, be clear self doubt is a person worst enemy. the harder you work and the more you play, you will buildyour confidence, each day try to be better than you were before, and practice at game speed, and when it comes to dribbling, dribble until the point offailure, if you doing a drill and its easy that means ur going to slow when it comes to dribbling. In short dont be afraid to fail or look bad, its all aprocess. Damn this speech got me heated, Im pumped for my basketball workouts. PS its sad all the hate people throw around in here, personally I would love itthough, just add fuel to my fire.

Michaelfoooo wrote:
##*??????????

ur fu$%n stupid

ur worried about football and not making the team?

yes im drunk

roll.gif
Clearly. Dude on his "back in my day I walked through snowbarefoot" tip

Originally Posted by Wade187

heaVINsent15 wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
roll.gif
pimp.gif

You realize he could make varsity next year as a senior and has a year to do it? If you're gonna give advice do it sincerely instead of putting the guy down.

You relize dude couldn't get on jv as a junior? Unless all the juniors in his school suck that's highly unlikely. Even if they do that tells you where OP is at talent wise. If by some slim chance he does get on to varsity dude is most likely gonna be riding that bench. He is gonna put forth all this effort for what? Dude aint gonna be seeing no scholarships off this, I mean your dream is to play highschool basketball? Really? Dude could easily just be going out and enjoying his life instead of chasing this dream of his that leads to no where. I mean dude is this emotional after training a few months and not making it. Imagine if he trains a whole year, and fails I don't want this kids death on my conscious. I'm telling dude like it is, sooner or later you gonna realize it wasn't worth it. Might as well enjoy yourself now, cause even if you succeed, you still don't win

im sorry for this one but
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Michaelfoooo wrote:
##*??????????

ur fu$%n stupid

ur worried about football
and not making the team?

yes im drunk

whut.40211044_std.jpg

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Michaelfoooo wrote:
##*??????????

ur fu$%n stupid

and not making the team?

yes im drunk

whut.40211044_std.jpg

##*??????????

ur fu$%n stupid

ur worried about BASKETBALL
and not making the team?

yes im drunk

op is stupid

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Michaelfoooo wrote:
##*??????????

ur fu$%n stupid

and not making the team?

yes im drunk
whut.40211044_std.jpg

##*??????????

ur fu$%n stupid

ur worried about BASKETBALL
and not making the team?

yes im drunk

op is stupid

Fam. I think it's time for bed.

Back
Top Bottom