"I'm from New York City"

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

This can be said about ANYONE that claims they are from any major city.

- poser NYers are the WORST though.

......its part of the reason i cant stand NYers. from the different places ive lived, and wide range of individuals ive worked with over the years....especially in the military where you get probably the most diverse mix. NYposers are BY FAR the biggest posers i have ever come in contact with in my life.

- i mean, c'mon man. everyone in NY cant live right next door to (insert popular NY rapper)
eyes.gif
. in the military i seen cats get straight beat down trying to claim some borrough they werent from, or just NY for that matter. it was always silly to me. and dont dare try to claim NY and be from upstate
eyes.gif

- not to mention the "i gotta show everyone where im from poser NYers", you know, the ones that wear swimming trunks, a wife beater, and TIMBS to the beach
laugh.gif
. morons man
30t6p3b.gif

- or how about the ones that moved from NY before they can even remember like under the age of 3. havent been back since, yet they talk about NY like they just left last week.

- im from Illinois. NOT CHICAGO. but sure enough, to those not from Illinois Chicago takes up the whole state. so even when you try to explain you're not from Chicago and that your city is actually closer to St. Louis than the Chi, it doesnt matter, you're still from Chicago
30t6p3b.gif
. i mean, it'd be just as easy to just go ahead and claim the Chi....but why?? i wish the lames ive met from NY would have followed suit.

Ok..you obviously don't get it. Everybody understands you are not from NY, when u said "don't you dare try to claim NY and be from upstate" is where it sounds like you're saying, "Don't say you are from NY if you are not from the actual city."  What would have made more sense is if you said something like "Don't try to claim NY if you are from upstate, NYers hate this."

edit:  As someone stated earlier, your sarcasm was overlooked because of the way you formatted your post.
Thank you. I love how he tried to bring up comprehension when no one agrees with him?

Originally Posted by got shoes

Cats be false claiming everywhere, nothing new. People claim the Bay Area and reside in Sacramento lol

There is a huge population of Sacramento residents that moved from the Bay Area because it's much cheaper here.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Cats be false claiming everywhere, nothing new. People claim the Bay Area and reside in Sacramento lol

There is a huge population of Sacramento residents that moved from the Bay Area because it's much cheaper here.

Originally Posted by Diego

NYC is so great that people dont even believe they would be fortunate enough to encounter someone from this great city.

For this reason alone....We Won.

roll.gif
QFT

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Originally Posted by JPioneer

I've got to ask this... How do you born and raised New Yorkers feel about people who moved to the city later in their life? can they be "real New Yorkers?"
laugh.gif
Provided that they stayed here long enough. My parents immigrated here over 30 years ago and that's more than half of their lifetime. If they're not New Yorkers then I don't know what to say.

Spoiler [+]
Random questions:
What's the only subway line that doesn't go into Manhattan? G
What was Jackie Robinson Parkway's original name? INTERBORO PKWY (WHERE A REAL NYC DRIVER LEARNS TO DRIVE WHILE DRUNK)
Queensboro Bridge is also known as what bridge? 59TH ST BRIDGE
Which island are there the most prisoners in NYC? RIKERS
Robert F. Kennedy Bridge connects which boroughs? QUEENS, MANHATTAN, & THE BRONX HENCE ITS ORIGINAL NAME THE TRIBOROUGH
What street does Lower Manhattan end and Midtown Manhattan begin? 23RD STREET!

ASK THEM WHAT COLOR WAS THE ORIGINAL METROCARD?
WHAT FLOOR IS THE OBSERVATORY DECK ON THE EMPIRE STATE BLDG?
WHO'S DR. Z?
WHO IS YOLANDA VEGA?
WHERE CAN YOU BUY 2 HOT DOGS AND A DRINK FOR LESS THAN $4?
WHAT CORNER IS THAT FAMOUS HALAL CHICKEN N RICE SPOT?

^

the orignal metrocard was blue right?
empire state building observatory deck i have no clue,
dr. z, isn't that the skin deromtolgist guy with the ads on the subway
yolanda vega is the lotto lady
it's a ton of spots i can get 2 hot dogs and a drink for less then $4 for around my way when im out there
halal cart is on 53rd n 6th

Originally Posted by bigsupa

I've got to ask this... How do you born and raised New Yorkers feel about people who moved to the city later in their life? can they be "real New Yorkers?"
laugh.gif
Provided that they stayed here long enough. My parents immigrated here over 30 years ago and that's more than half of their lifetime. If they're not New Yorkers then I don't know what to say.

Spoiler [+]
Random questions:
What was Jackie Robinson Parkway's original name? INTERBORO PKWY (WHERE A REAL NYC DRIVER LEARNS TO DRIVE WHILE DRUNK)
Robert F. Kennedy Bridge connects which boroughs? QUEENS, MANHATTAN, & THE BRONX HENCE ITS ORIGINAL NAME THE TRIBOROUGH

WHO'S DR. Z?
WHO IS YOLANDA VEGA?

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

OP wants to lie about being from NYC...and now ya'll are giving him answers
laugh.gif
. Now he can fake his way through life even more-so then he already is.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by bigsupa

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Random questions:

WHO'S DR. Z?
WHO IS YOLANDA VEGA?

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
lol #fail

In my experience only people from Brooklyn, Queens, and Jersey call Manhattan "the city".
Most of the time us uptown folk just call it "Downtown".

On some, "Yo, meet me downtown. Ill be by the Applebees on 42st".
I never use "The city" cause I feel like thats the type of !#** NJ kids be sayin.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

lol I know a guy from Syracuse who keeps saying he's from NYC and his brother told everyone that they're really from Syracuse.
laugh.gif
Syracuse is wack though so I'd see why he said that.

*dead* at where's 113?

In my experience only people from Brooklyn, Queens, and Jersey call Manhattan "the city".

I never use "The city" cause I feel like thats the type of !#** NJ kids be sayin.
you're already in the city, so it only makes sense that you would say downtown.

I been in the military for 5 years now and rarely meet anybody from NYC, i think i met 5 so far and when i do find someone from NY they from the burbs

Person: where u from
Me: NY
Person : word me too, what part
Me: Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
Person: ohhh im from upstate ny (buffalo, syracuse, and etc)
Person: i guess that dont really count
Me: Nope it dont, walks away

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

But this includes the Bronx.
People in the Bronx never say "The city".

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

I been in the military for 5 years now and rarely meet anybody from NYC, i think i met 5 so far and when i do find someone from NY they from the burbs

Person: where u from
Me: NY
Person : word me too, what part
Me: Bed-Stuy Brooklyn
Person: ohhh im from upstate ny (buffalo, syracuse, and etc)
Person: i guess that dont really count
Me: Nope it dont, walks away
laugh.gif
It doesn't. People Upstate hate Downstate (NYC and LI) so much but won't hesitate to claim New York (people from out of town automatically assume that you're talking about NYC when you say NY). Have some pride in where you're from.

A lot of people in school did that. Most of the perpetrators were from Long Island or Westchester
eyes.gif

I never say I'm from New York City. I just say I'm from Brooklyn when people ask.

Is staten island still recognized by new yorkers as a legitimate borough? My only friend from their calls it "staten island aka the dump", lol.
I never have and I never will. Its so far away from everything. You can get to Jersey City faster than you can get to SI. Hell, at one point, their borough president wanted to secede from NYC and form his own city.

Also why is everyone in florida from new york (not pretending but actually from there; I don't think theres a single place outside of ny with so many nyers)

Retirement and some have winter homes down there.

ask them where in NYC did they live while there (the concourse, pelham parkway, castle hill etc.). going to be shooting out fake locations and all that.
laugh.gif
They say I only lived there until I was 7.

Just ask them the correct pronunciation of Houston St.

That'll expose them
That's a good one.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

But this includes the Bronx.
People in the Bronx never say "The city".

That's a good point but still the Bronx is right there; the street numbers just continue going up. It's a straight shot downtown. That might be why. 

NYC is so great that people dont even believe they would be fortunate enough to encounter someone from this great city.

Damn, that put an end of the whole Cali vs. NY thing
laugh.gif

Damn, that put an end of the whole Cali vs. NY thing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

When we moved to Cleveland when I was 5 - when people in school like my teacher asked me where I was from I would say New York; cause that's where I was from.

Fast forward 15-18 years later, when I moved to California and people asked where I was from I would say Cleveland; cause that's where I was from.

So to this day, some people from elementary school know me as the kid from NYC, or that man from Cleveland lol. When I realized that recently, I went
eyes.gif
. But still, I always rep Cleveland when someone asks unless they ask where I was born. But my families roots are all NYC. My uncles, cousins, aunts, etc..

But you know you were born in NYC when your Social Security Number starts with '0'
laugh.gif

WORD!!! I never noticed that. All my friends have socials that start with "0"

Back
Top Bottom