I'm getting tmobile today; what phone?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Get an Iphone if you are a hypebeast and want to look like one.
This has to be the dumbest post in this thread. Cause it's not like people get iPhones cause the want to have a ipod and a phone together onthe same device right? Or that being able to customize it however you want is a major thing right?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

yeah.. definitely a iphone. iPhone FTW. Your bill will be 10 for unlimited text and 20 for Data Plan so 30 plus how many minutes you want.
I pay 5.99 for my t-zones data plan.
glasses.gif

T-Zones data hack ftw.
I thought they deaded the t-zones plan ?

The only 2 cons I can think of when it comes to the g1 are terrible battery life, and no video recording capabilities. Other than that I love my g1, i have acar charger for it so im good.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

I work for the company. Most of the phones are a fold. Get a G1 or BlackBerry 8900. Stay away from the Dash, Wing, Behold, Shadow, and Shadow II. Also, make sure you get it from a CORPORATE STORE (T-Mobile owned). If you see "Authorized Dealer" or "Authorized Retailer", go the other direction. They'll rape you with no lube.
i find it the other way around... when i go to those asian authorized dealer stores I can usually get phones for really cheap or even free.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

I work for the company. Most of the phones are a fold. Get a G1 or BlackBerry 8900. Stay away from the Dash, Wing, Behold, Shadow, and Shadow II. Also, make sure you get it from a CORPORATE STORE (T-Mobile owned). If you see "Authorized Dealer" or "Authorized Retailer", go the other direction. They'll rape you with no lube.
i find it the other way around... when i go to those asian authorized dealer stores I can usually get phones for really cheap or even free.
Your right, but what most people dont know is they're individually owned stores so they pay for the phone outta pocket so the phone areusually used and refurbished. Their return policy is usually store credit only within 3 day and thats if they even allow you to return at all, some dont. Onceyou return that phone, they'll wipe it down and sell it to the next person thru the door. I cant tell you how many times I've meet customers whopurchsed phones from authorized dealers and the phone already has phone numbers and pictures in there. Another thing that people dont know is that you ALWAYSsign a seperate contract with the store. The store makes commission from T-Mobile when they sign someone up for service. If you cancell your service, changeyour plan, or remove features, some/all of that commission gets taken away from them and they take it from you. Once you buy the phone you cant fight itbecause you already signed on the dotted line and they usually just take it off your credit/debit card. If you cancell your service early and T-Mobile chargesyou $200 to cancell, the Authorized dealer will charge you $400 for the commission they lost. $600 total. I've heard horror stories about people beingtaken to court because they didnt wanna pay back the money.

dont do it!!!

ive had verizon, tmobile and att

and the one i had most problems with was tmobile.

customer service was terrible, dropped calls everywhere and the phones all seem really dated.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

yeah.. definitely a iphone. iPhone FTW. Your bill will be 10 for unlimited text and 20 for Data Plan so 30 plus how many minutes you want.
I pay 5.99 for my t-zones data plan.
glasses.gif

T-Zones data hack ftw.
I had an unlocked iPhone and it was cool for about a month. After that it was a bore. I drive everywhere so I dont really need an iPod (unless I wanted to connect it to the car). No cut/copy paste, no mms (picture messages), no zoom, no video, no firmware updates it because it would brick so I would be shook everytime I connected it to the computer, no physical keyboard (plus the iPhone keyboard is crampped), once unlocked your warranty is toast, and last but not least... The No Commitment Price....
iphonecontract2.jpg

Unlocked iPhone FTL
info?

To all Verizon owners:
If I want to switch my old phone with a Blackberry Storm and keep the same plan/phone number, how much will it cost? Is it worth it?

sidekick phone can do all the stuff the other phones can and you can drop is a 1000 times and it still works

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

To all Verizon owners:
If I want to switch my old phone with a Blackberry Storm and keep the same plan/phone number, how much will it cost? Is it worth it?
My brother switched form tmobile to verizon to get the blackberry storm.

I use it every now and then and i would say its not at all worth it.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

sidekick phone can do all the stuff the other phones can and you can drop is a 1000 times and it still works

Did you just say sidekick??? Where you have to pay for EVERYTHING??? Even ringtones (the last one i had was the I.D., soo i dont know about anything afterthat)

All the sidekicks i had sucked balls compared to the G1

And i didnt know the iphone didnt have MMS and all that other stuff...........glad i didnt buy the one i saw a few days ago.....whew!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

If your gonna be browsing,texting,aim get the G1.

Heavy email user then get the BB but im warning you its SLOW.

I had both and I went from G1 to BB and I couldnt take it with edge no more.

If you're gonna bring these uses up, you might as well just recommend him the Sidekick.
Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the G1, but I guess it's an alright phone. The keyboard is weird and hard to use and it lags.
There's gonna be a lotta hate on the Sidekick on NT simply because "it's for kids" when the people hating on them are acting like bigger kidsthan the people that actually use them. It is a good phone and NT needs to start realizing that.
The Curve 8900 is good, too. Well all know about the BlackBerrys, but the 8900 has the best camera out of all the BlackBerrys and is the slimmest.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

If your gonna be browsing,texting,aim get the G1.

Heavy email user then get the BB but im warning you its SLOW.

I had both and I went from G1 to BB and I couldnt take it with edge no more.

If you're gonna bring these uses up, you might as well just recommend him the Sidekick.
Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the G1, but I guess it's an alright phone. The keyboard is weird and hard to use and it lags.
There's gonna be a lotta hate on the Sidekick on NT simply because "it's for kids" when the people hating on them are acting like bigger kids than the people that actually use them. It is a good phone and NT needs to start realizing that.
The Curve 8900 is good, too. Well all know about the BlackBerrys, but the 8900 has the best camera out of all the BlackBerrys and is the slimmest.
It does seem like a kids phone if you really think about it............but i dont like it because you have to pay for any application and anyringtone you want and cant use music you put on your phone.

I know they try to make money off of their phone, but thats just too much.............G1.......most of the apps you use are free and you can create your ownringtones from ANY song, not just a piece you probably dont like but have to pay $1.99 for..........hell, you can even chop a song down to a single word for atext message notification ( i currently have a chord from Mystikals "here i go")

Back
Top Bottom