I'm probably the only one on this website that doesnt own

Recently sold both my iphone 4S's & copped me a flip phone paying $25 instead of $40 a month. Feel you about the TV part, I just watch sports to keep ^ with that, news etc. Don't watch much movies unless online & same for me I don't own any credit cards... debt taught me well. But I'm good in that department now. But just seem like you trying to impose ya will on N's & N's aint got time for that..

You use to rep your self
laugh.gif
that wasnt me that was my brother..

OP was your reason for making this thread to see if others live the same way you do or to just make a statement?

also how has that affected the way women view your lifestyle? no flames, just interested.

Last edited:
i already own one and paid cash for it. not some BS credit loan mortgage that americans take out to live beyond their means.
Damn 216, looks like I had you misunderstood. The more you post, the more I realize you are definitely living the life (no sarcasm). Props to you, my man. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with owning any of that stuff.
Its just the sign of the times.

How did we ever get by without cellphones? Idk, but we did.
But in this day in age we cannot.
I own all of what OP posted.
Might get rid of Amex though. Or just keep around for emergency purposes.

I don't really see the big deal here.

Not owning an HDTV or CC is w/e, you don't really need either.

People will cry about building credit, but at the end of the day, if you have cash then you're fine.

I don't plan on ever applying for a CC.

If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it, debt is for suckers.

I guess technically you don't NEED a cell phone either, but its nice to have in case of emergencies.

As far as the car goes, it definitely is a need for some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
You use to rep your self :lol:

OP was your reason for making this thread to see if others live the same way you do or to just make a statement?

also how has that affected the way women view your lifestyle? no flames, just interested.

what you did there i think i see it :rofl:

keep up the subliminal shots bruh :rofl:

ur 1 cheeky **** m8

Last edited:
straight cash homey

and your comment about how am i supposed to expect to have a wife with none of those things speaks volumes on how pathetic women/society are
i dont collect sneakers like lame *** "sneakerheads"/NTers. i buy shoes i like when i need a new pair.
no just not a part of the zombie nation. which former troll member are you?
NT's favorite city

Seeing as you do A LOT of walking, this probably comes more often than not.

Not having those things is fine. Telling other people that you don't have those things makes you an insufferable, self-centered douchebag.

came in here to post that. Congrats on your "accomplishment" of not having these items.

What kind of job do you have OP?

My employer has my cell and home phone and they call my cell for emergencies or any last minute changes so cell is pretty much a must. 

The thing is, without a cell if something happens to family member or someone close, the cops or hospital or whoever can't really get in touch with you

I don't really see the big deal here.
Not owning an HDTV or CC is w/e, you don't really need either.
People will cry about building credit, but at the end of the day, if you have cash then you're fine.
I don't plan on ever applying for a CC.
If I don't have the cash, I don't buy it, debt is for suckers.
I guess technically you don't NEED a cell phone either, but its nice to have in case of emergencies.
As far as the car goes, it definitely is a need for some people.

Not all debt is bad debt.

Only the cell phone strikes me, ill just say this reason: for keeping in contact with women. The other things you listed I can understand, but you need a credit card to make certain purchases or check into hotel rooms and stuff.

Cleveland? Dayton? Cincinnati?
laugh.gif
i was being sarcastic. dude said living in ohio is a lot different than living in a city as if we all live on farms
u remind me of aa good friend of mines i grew up with. besides the car in which he got as a passdown from highschool and still looks runs great ( he hardly drives unless its a must) he is the same way...worked a job from jr high till like end of college. never has ever had a bank account. He bought a house outright cash, well parents did and he repaid the,..crazy story i went to see him a little after college and dude had like a lil over qtr million bucks saved in a lockbox in a safe hidden in his parents basement.

You would think he hardly would get girls but he actually does, although for obvious reasons cant get a long term g/f, cause most of the time they like oh you dont have a nwer car, dont have a bank account, no cell phone etc... dont wear the latest and greatest fashion etc... thinking he is a bum etc... But lowkey dude is (havent talked to him in awhile since he got like this new 50k a year job...)probably sitting pretty close to a mill.

I mean dude was the most thrifty cat i ever met. Outside of being a dj (which he spends a good amount of money own, but also makes him a good amount as well) dude has a vcr still...an big screen tv with like the woodgrain on the side... and old phone (iuno if it works but it isnt even a cordless) pretty much anything made after the 90's dude has nothing (with the exception of music making equipment, and a mac again for music)

So i feel op, i remember actually kicking it with a guy like that and he seems very content (still plays his old games lol nintendo 64 ps dreamcast etc...) and while ppl trip on him etc and think like alot of you guys think, he as far as i can see really is good with just the basics in life.

Oddly enough he use to be a nt member but stopped awhile ago after they start making retroes pretty heavy mixed with getting older etc.
sounds like he has the right mindset. i wish i could do without a bank account, im actually trying to get out of chase and join a credit union. cash is going to be worthless soon so im more focused on tangible items, land.

i'm trying to buy a bunch of foreclosure properties in places like detroit, cincinnati, st louis, wheeling, parkersburg, marietta, etc.

the irony of the poor comments and linking me to a wellfare site is that those are the people who drive escalades, have 60" HDTV, 10 credit cards, and an obamaphone. heck i wish i had an EBT card, i'd take that **** to whole paycheck and buy all organic food.

not having a car is probably the hardest thing to do in this country. outside of JYC, san francisco, boston public transit sucks and there is no investment. look how much is spent on roads vs rail. uzbekistan has high speed rail yet the governor of my state sends back $450 million given by the govt to start high speed rail. fortunately i live next to pretty much  everything, the only thing i would really want a car for is to go on trips to other cities and to the metroparks/cuyahoga valley national park. i wouldnt mind possibly buying  a motor home.

i like nice things and i'm not a hippie but i've learned material things dont  make you happy. we are only concerned with throwaway items because of the need for instant gratification.

my ultimate goal is to do what i love in life, have a family, take care of them, and be completely self sufficient with enough space to grow all my own food

honestly i just wish people would stop drinking the kool aid. you got  people in here claiming you need credit and that not all debt  is bad. its all a big scam

and you already know the answer to the question about women. they wont give you the time of day if you dont have 1 of those things let alone all 4. i should say little girls though cuz there are very few women, even when they are 30s 40s 50s.
Only the cell phone strikes me, ill just say this reason: for keeping in contact with women. The other things you listed I can understand, but you need a credit card to make certain purchases or check into hotel rooms and stuff.
huh? ive stayed in plenty of  hotels

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom