Injustice? I need a 3rd opinion vol. pleasse

backstory
-had a seizure, first one since I was 4

-went to hospital, put on medications

-talk to doctor he gives me the okay to go back to school (college)

-I feel completely fine, but my old medications had me feeling like I was high the whole time I was taking it

-meds will be changing every 2 weeks, reaction kind of unknown (not like the other meds, they were just the wrong medicine)

Whats going on

-parents want/are keeping me home this semester 

-this seems like an emotional decision because they just don't trust the change in meds, and dont want me to have a seizure on campus

-at first I thought it was a joke, but they were serious and now im at home on the first day back

-
roll.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

-now im crazy mad cause Im going to have to be here/at home for 5 months when nothings wrong with me

-and I hate being home more than anything in the world (im sure some of you can relate)

-college freshman btw

is this deserved?  

backstory

-I feel completely fine, but my old medications had me feeling like I was high the whole time I was taking it

-meds will be changing every 2 weeks, reaction kind of unknown (not like the other meds, they were just the wrong medicine)

Whats going on

-this seems like an emotional decision because they just don't trust the change in meds, and dont want me to have a seizure on campus

-at first I thought it was a joke, but they were serious and now im at home on the first day back

-
roll.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

-now im crazy mad cause Im going to have to be here/at home for 5 months when nothings wrong with me

-and I hate being home more than anything in the world (im sure some of you can relate)

-college freshman btw

is this deserved?  

Seems like your parents are just looking out for your health.
I don't think they'll make you stay out the whole semester. That's a good chunk of change wasted.

laugh.gif
I think I'm following you on tumblr, someone just posted the same exact thing.

I don't think they'll make you stay out the whole semester. That's a good chunk of change wasted.

laugh.gif

At my school there was a freshman who died two weeks into school from a seizure
frown.gif
  It sucks that they won't let you go back, but it could be for the best.  

At my school there was a freshman who died two weeks into school from a seizure
frown.gif
  It sucks that they won't let you go back, but it could be for the best.  

no
frown.gif
i misses you down here man.
i wouldnt be able to answer that unless I was a parent myself. I'm sure thats a tough situation for them.

no
frown.gif
i misses you down here man.
i wouldnt be able to answer that unless I was a parent myself. I'm sure thats a tough situation for them.

Man i know its a tough situation (i guesss) but im 19 and staying at home in a city with NOTHING while kids are going school getting ahead + having fun

sucks

only option is to get a job/go to a cc

parents=unforgivable

I'll miss you too thytkerjobs
frown.gif
I wanted to see your tattoo too (in person) lol

Man i know its a tough situation (i guesss) but im 19 and staying at home in a city with NOTHING while kids are going school getting ahead + having fun

sucks

only option is to get a job/go to a cc

parents=unforgivable

I'll miss you too thytkerjobs
frown.gif
I wanted to see your tattoo too (in person) lol

Originally Posted by omgitswes

laugh.gif
haha you probably do, im so heated right now, Tumblr and Twitter, I go in

Originally Posted by omgitswes

laugh.gif
haha you probably do, im so heated right now, Tumblr and Twitter, I go in

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

backstory

Whats going on

-
roll.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

-college freshman btw

is this deserved?  

How is this an injustice? You can tell you are still a young mind. Seizures are NOT a joke, and are NOT a fluke thing, especially in adults. You're still a college freshman. One semester isn't going to affect you that much. It's MUCH better to be safer than sorry, especially when it comes to neurological problems. Don't blame your parents for actually caring about your well-being. It's not the end of the world. Go to a CC or get a job for a semester.

Unforgivable?
eyes.gif

backstory

Whats going on

-
roll.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

-college freshman btw

is this deserved?  

How is this an injustice? You can tell you are still a young mind. Seizures are NOT a joke, and are NOT a fluke thing, especially in adults. You're still a college freshman. One semester isn't going to affect you that much. It's MUCH better to be safer than sorry, especially when it comes to neurological problems. Don't blame your parents for actually caring about your well-being. It's not the end of the world. Go to a CC or get a job for a semester.

Unforgivable?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Unforgivable?
eyes.gif

unforgivable in terms of im not getting the 2nd half of my freshman year back, ever. plus the doctor gave me the okay, now i wouldnt have an argument if dude said it wasnt a good idea or something...thus why I feel they made their decision off emotion
*turns head back to Xbox*

Unforgivable?
eyes.gif

unforgivable in terms of im not getting the 2nd half of my freshman year back, ever. plus the doctor gave me the okay, now i wouldnt have an argument if dude said it wasnt a good idea or something...thus why I feel they made their decision off emotion

Unforgivable?
eyes.gif

When you go back to college it will be the 2nd half of your freshman year. Your grades and life can take a turn for the worse with the speedball of meds they will be giving you. Especially if you are taking different ones every so often. If your grades drop, you could be kicked out/put on probation. If anything, this is a lot better for you. I've had friends take random meds because of ailments and got kicked out of college.

Your parents are looking out for you. Give them some respect.

Unforgivable?
eyes.gif

When you go back to college it will be the 2nd half of your freshman year. Your grades and life can take a turn for the worse with the speedball of meds they will be giving you. Especially if you are taking different ones every so often. If your grades drop, you could be kicked out/put on probation. If anything, this is a lot better for you. I've had friends take random meds because of ailments and got kicked out of college.

Your parents are looking out for you. Give them some respect.

considering that this was the 1st seizure in over 13+ years, there's no way of them knowing if the new environment/stressor of being in college could have affected your condition... they're prob just being a bit more cautious.

considering that this was the 1st seizure in over 13+ years, there's no way of them knowing if the new environment/stressor of being in college could have affected your condition... they're prob just being a bit more cautious.

They prob just being cautious.
Last year some dude on my block passed away from a seizure. He always suffered from them so it was something that we all just kinda dealt with.
Never expected him to be gone by the age of 24.

Better safe than sorry man.

They prob just being cautious.
Last year some dude on my block passed away from a seizure. He always suffered from them so it was something that we all just kinda dealt with.
Never expected him to be gone by the age of 24.

Better safe than sorry man.

be it that college was the reason I had a seizure there are still 2 things

1. I'm going to have to deal with it one way or another
2. doctor said medications should reduce the chances to 10% of me having another one (which has to be alot less than it was before I was on the meds)

Ive had a taste of being out of the house and I cant stay here, never had a job before, but I cant drive for 6 months either....nor drink :/

Back
Top Bottom