INSTYLESHOES = FRAUD or just EXTREMELY SLEAZY??!!

Quote:
Point blank: sue them. As petrhino has said, they have NO excuse. I don't care if the guy's mother is in the hospital, you don't spend someone else's money.

They violated a contract; sue their asses.

Anyone who gives there shoes to someone else to sell is being pimped. Don't you see that.
You can make the money you would get from them after there cut, on your own.
I am stating a fact that a lot of "sneaker selling sites" shoes don't sell.
I know hustlen. I do it. It is not fraud. But hyping your actual sales. If you post a shoe and say "sold for $1000" next to it. You look like you know business. You look like you move the product.
The more you hype your establishment, the more people belive in you and your business.
It is marketing.
I did not go to college to learn to hustle. I learned that in the street.
I am posting this to help people see past the "lights and mirriors" these sites use to lure in prduct and customers.
Edacuate yourself please.

I just hope everybody gets their money... and everything gets straightened out..
Formally known as FLO31

I just hope everything comes out right in the end......for people who co-signed their sneaks......I believe you will get your money......and ISS I hope you guys get everything figured out.......because this is a great hobby/passion for us and ISS/SC plays a big part in shoe collecting. I HATE TO SEE ANYTHING GO WRONG WITH MY PASSION....
2005 PICKUPS: 8.20 retro XIII orange flash, 10.22 retro XIV forest green, DM , 11.25 melo 5.5 blk, 12.24 retro XIV last shots isignthechecks@postgameonline.com
ALL AIR JORDANS START OUT UGLY...​
TEAM OLDSCHOOL---"YOU GOT TO DO TIME"​
TEAM BIGTICKET​

Quote:
Ive been on the ISS forums for quite a while, and i've never heard any complaints or problems with the cosign program until now.

YEAAAAHHHh Cuz they don't want anybody knowing in ISS

Quote:
Edacuate yourself please

roll.gif
roll.gif

But on a serious note, I really hope that evryone involved gets their money and then some, what ISS have done is completely unacceptable, i strongly agree with everyone that has said to take legal action, it may be the only way to get your money.

Here is what steve had to say yesterday. I will take it with a grain of salt.

""""Instyleshoes.coms Consignment Program crashed last week due to a number of factors and we have taken a serious look at its position within Instyleshoes.com Inc and the re-vamp is detailed in this e-mail. Over the past week we have tore the system down and am now in the process of rebuilding the system from scratch with new safeguards being put in place so this situation NEVER happens again.

As for the outstanding balances, a number of checks will be sent out on today and tomorrow which will catch up large percentage of the sellers and the rest will be taken care of before we re-instate the program.

This problem was a basically a mistake in our systems which allowed funds to be transferred to other parts of Instyleshoes.com this problem has been corrected. And the bottom line - nobody was ever defrauded by Instyleshoes.com and Instyleshoes.com will NEVER commit fraud it was a mistake pure and simple which in turn made the payments late and late payments are not fraud. Instyleshoes.com has sold $1,000,000s worth of shoes over the years and the total of outstanding checks is but a tiny fraction of our sales. But it doesnt matter if the late payments totaled $100 or $500,000, they were still late and that is not how Instyleshoes.com has done business in the past and it sure isnt going to be how we run the company in the future.

Here are the changes to the consignment program that we are currently working on.

All funds brought in through consignment sales will be placed in a separate holding area and will be there until the transaction has cleared.
Checks will be sent out in less than three weeks from the transaction date, maybe even in two weeks if the transaction is clean.
A 3rd party feedback system will be put in place so sellers can rate the Instyleshoes consignment program and tell potential sellers of their experience.
All sellers will be presented with a contract for doing business with Instyleshoes.com and everything will be on paper so there will be no questions for future transactions.
Everyone who received a late payment this year and still wants to be part of the consignment program will have their fee reduced from 25% to 20%.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and you can rest assured that this problem is being dealt with at the highest levels and great care has been taken to make sure this NEVER happens again. All companies make mistakes, how the company deals with the mistake shows the true nature of the management and culture of the company. Are we going to make mistakes again but we wont make the same one again.

In the past Instyleshoes.com has made many mistakes like sending the Harold Miner Xs to someone who bought the Jordan XIIs. When the person returned them we sent him the Seattle Xs for being honest. But there are many other times that Instyleshoes.com has taken the hit for the customer as we always protect the customer. An example of this would be when another company makes a mistake like FedEx loosing a package. It isnt Instyleshoes.coms fault but it isnt the customers fault either. What ends up happening 100% of the time is Instyleshoes.com takes the hit and there are 1,000s of times that weve been hit without anyone knowing about it. Weve been in business since 1999 and our reputation has been excellent.

Over the next six weeks you will see huge changes in the way we treat the consignment program and for all of you who continue to work with us youll be rewarded. For those who want to sell your shoes somewhere else I totally understand. And just so you know, Instyleshoes.com Inc is a totally separate venture than Sole Collector Inc. As of last month these companies have been totally separated. Instyleshoes.com will still be the fulfillment arm of Sole Collector for the foreseeable future. If you have any questions or comments please contact myself or Jackie. _steve """"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to be notified when we add new shoes to our website, please join our mailing list.

I was the one that posted the links a while back about what to do in the case of internet fraud. However, there are several problematic things with this guys transaction. First, as a nonresident you are not afforded the same protections as citizens. If you were a citizen you would have several avenues to go down. You could hire a U.S. attorney and possibly file a claim under the Alien Torts Claim Act. Basically what this guy at ISS has done is that he has committed the tort of conversion (interfering with personal property, in this case money as to render the full value necessary to be paid to owner). Since he did not remitt YOUR money at the time stated he not only could possibly be sued in a civil court for conversion but also could be prosecuted for theft.

However, my main question is- why would you send the shoes to another country where it would be very difficult to recover your merchandise anyways?

You can file a claim with the internet fraud division @
www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

You can also pursue relief under the Consumer protection Act at: www.ftc.gov/ftc/consumer/home.html

Hope this helps, but honestly you seem to have gotten yourself in this situation.

taken from Steve on ISS
Quote:
We have had multiple posts on this and we don't have to have dups. And ONE check bounced- again a mistkae on our side and we have covered the persons expenses.

is it true only ONE check bounced?

give me your sz Y - 4Y J`s​

Quote:
This problem was a basically a mistake in our systems which allowed funds to be transferred to other parts of Instyleshoes.com this problem has been corrected.

Hmm .... the system transferred other peoples money and that's what caused all this ruckus.

I see ....

babydill.

Restoring order to the Shoe
Game​
http://fakepolice.com
Expect
the Unexpected​

I read this Steve guy's post and basically he is blaming his error on computer malfunction. He should have never comingled consignment funds with other funds in the first place. The area of law that governs consignments is completely different then retail law and this stud should (or did he?) have known it. Bottom line is that homedude steve was engaging in poor business practice and does not want to accept responsibility for it.

SUSPECT .... how can you not figure out funds are emptying into separate accounts over 3 MONTHS time?? Sounds like total BS to me.
"I use to hustle for Jordan kicks, now I do it for a brick ...." - Cormega

**** WANTED: Just about any SB Low in a size 6 or 6.5 ****

Quote:
In the past Instyleshoes.com has made many mistakes like sending the Harold Miner Xs to someone who bought the Jordan XIIs. When the person returned them we sent him the Seattle Xs for being honest.

So what.....he STILL didn't get the shoe he wanted.....who says he wants some X over the XII he preferred?!?!

[/url]

Fact:
ISS has done $1 million in sales 'over the years'... this statement is definitely true... notice the 'over the years' part.

Now for the shady stuff:
Computer system crash? Maybe, but hardly the excuse in this case. A crash would not cause a check to bounce.

It's amazing how Steve talks about ISS and SC being separate companies. In the end, the true profiter is Steve himself. The profit $ all goes to him and having separate entities is IN NAME ONLY - like on a piece of paper stating the business is separate - when it obviously is not. If Steve feels like taking $ from ISS to buy himself a car or pay his SC employees then only he and his accountant would know - its a private company. Another fact: SC was INITIALLY funded through the success of ISS over the years. W/out ISS, there never would've been SC.

Steve started many business in his life and invested in many things. Some successful, some not quite so. But to conduct his business in such unprofesional manner is just unacceptable. His excuses and apology - while welcomed - is not sufficient. He has only showed how weak and incompetent his management and operation really is. His only remedy is to cut the profit he makes from 25% to 20%??? That is NOT how a reputable/customer-first company do business, like so often Steve claims himself to be. That is just down right CHEAP and makes ISS seem they are desperate for $.

To those that know him well, Steve is all about the surface. He looks the part and plays the part... but at the same time, he's as shady as they get when it comes to actual business dealings and things involving $. He has to. He's a shrewd businessman. Being sleazy is part of his trade in being successful . Most outsiders simply don't know. Just don't be fooled by his act in public.

Overall, I hope all the ppl get their $ back and I think they will. But just to remind you, if ISS does declare bankruptcy as a corporation for whatever reason. You guys will get nothing. Steve will still have his houses and cars and his bank account will be untouched. SC will still stand since its a separate company... that's the benefit of being incorporated and you the consumer will be fresh out of luck.

Quote:
This problem was a basically a mistake in our systems which allowed funds to be transferred to other parts of Instyleshoes.com

Oh wow. The "other parts" being their bank accounts?

The one problem with sueing them would be the simple fact that if they can't even pay out money to the people they owe it to, how would one expect them to pay the money they already owe plus interest, legal fees (assuming ISS lost the case), and any other damages they had to pay? It'd be like sueing a homeless person.

Quote:
But just to remind you, if ISS does declare bankruptcy as a corporation for whatever reason. You guys will get nothing.

It BETTER not come down to bankruptcy.

[/b]​

yeah. A simmiliar thing happened to me but on a smaller scale. i bought 3 pairs of samples for about 600, and they never came. I emailed them constantly and didt get replies. i posted on niketalk 'steve=fraud' and once the post blew, he was suddenly easy to contact. i got what i paid back but no kicks. in check form . :frown:
frown.gif
. it took about 3 months to get my money back. I know this is a somewhat small deal, ISS started just like most of us, hustling to increase our collections. I know that if i had access to quick, unlimited loans, i would be making serious bank sellink kicks. Their operation is more simple than its facade conveys.
FOR SALE - Air Force 1 linen/atmosphere sz 10//Air Force 2 Dirty//Dunk co.jp argon blue sz 10.5//SHEED white/blue sz 8// SHEED black/white sz 8// dunk curry sz 8//V220 camera phone GSM// U2 ipod CHEAP
AIM - kmtstern. EMAIL - tom.stern@gmail.com ebay/ISS - freeshynepo "It doesn't matter if your chain is platinum, if what you say is average, you will not be mentioned with the greatest rappers"

Quote:
Anyone who gives there shoes to someone else to sell is being pimped. Don't you see that

no homez you got it twisted. in the pimp game, you give someone the stuff YOU own and they sell it for you, and you break um off a piece for doing it. go back to street rules 101 University ese.... :lol:
laugh.gif

BUY MY SIZE 12 JORDANS NOW!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom