iOS 5 Update

For the WiFi sync, can I only sync my iPad? I don't put any music on my iPhone so I don't want to sync that when I do so....

in mail, contacts, calendars in the new ios5 there is a tab that says My Info. however it is not my name and it can be any random contact (ie: Mom) what is this about and how can i change it to my name?

can you send gifs in imessage?

And ive heard some mixed reviews on imessage.  You guys like/dislike it?

anyways, i fixed the issue i had by restoring the phone.

iOS5 is
pimp.gif

^^
man i don't even see iMessage on any of my devices
edit: oh never mind iMessage is built in.... but it only recognizes some people with a iPhone and some people i know that has an iPhone it doesn't even recognize... also how do you send a iMessage to a iPad or a itouch??

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

^^
It's just labeled "messages" on the desktop.

Can't wait to start using it once more of my folks update to ios 5...

Originally Posted by Jking0821

yes you can send GIFs

@JayzOnMyToes
It's not a separate app from the messaging one, first make sure it's turned on go to Settings > Messages and then send a text to someone who also has iMessage, if it's working the text bubble will be blue instead of green like a regular text message

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

yes you can send GIFs

@JayzOnMyToes
It's not a separate app from the messaging one, first make sure it's turned on go to Settings > Messages and then send a text to someone who also has iMessage, if it's working the text bubble will be blue instead of green like a regular text message

thanks just found out.... but also how do you send a text to an iPad from an iPhone?

yes you can send GIFs

@JayzOnMyToes

thanks just found out.... but also how do you send a text to an iPad from an iPhone?

try sending it to the email address instead of a phone number

^^
edit: oh never mind iMessage is built in.... but it only recognizes some people with a iPhone and some people i know that has an iPhone it doesn't even recognize... also how do you send a iMessage to a iPad or a itouch??
iMessage will work if the other party has ios5 i believe.

The servers must have been busy yesterday. It took 3 hours to finally finish updating my MBP and IP4, and by the time I tried to update my apple tv, it said 9 hours lol. I'll try again later for that

thanks for the help... man i been using apple for the longest but this update got me feeling like a newby

^^

It will only recognize devices running the 5.0 update. Until they update, any message sent to them will be shown as a text message.

yes you can send GIFs

@JayzOnMyToes

try sending it to the email address instead of a phone number

If both parties are on imessage and its sent as an imessage it is pushed to all devices correct?   But if you send the message to a phone number is the number tied to a certain apple account and it knows your apple ID and pushes it?

I think its dumb that for you to send an imessage to an ipad you need that persons apple ID.  A lot of people share apple ID's within households not to mention no one has my apple ID.  I would have to give that out to all of my friends/work associates for this to work?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Wifi Sync is too dope. I just wish I could sync with just the iPad alone. Maybe in future versions.

To those having problems with Wifi Sync, you must sync via USB after you've applied Wifi Sync or it will never work. Then, you can go cordless. You have to do this for both music and apps seperately.

Also, you can wireless sync without the device plugged into a power source so long as it's 50% or more battery life left.

Edit: Sweet Jesus, Safari is blazing fast.

So after I sync via USB and I go cordless...say I restart the CPU .. Go back on iTunes.. Will it sync wireless?

Updated last night and loving the updates. Seems to be runnning a lot faster overall for me..

I still need to try out the WiFi sync though..

Finally was able to get it to work. Took me like 2 hours, but I like. I plan on updating my wife's iPhone 4 either tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully that goes much smoother.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Dumb question. In order for me to use notifications, do I have to have it on time? I am sending e-mails to myself and when I swipe to notifications, I am not getting it.

What are your settings under mail for getting new emails. Do you have push or fetch on? Depending on your settings if you have it on push it should be sent to your phone once you hit send from your computer. If fetch is on lets say 15 minutes it'll check for new emails every 15 minutes, if you have one then you'll get a notification.

I have it on push. I wonder if it is cause I use g-mail. I remember using yahoo and I would get e-mails right away. For some reason, I can only get e-mails from g-mail if I go into my account.
yeah, gmail can use push. google the settings

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Wifi Sync is too dope. I just wish I could sync with just the iPad alone. Maybe in future versions.

To those having problems with Wifi Sync, you must sync via USB after you've applied Wifi Sync or it will never work. Then, you can go cordless. You have to do this for both music and apps seperately.

Also, you can wireless sync without the device plugged into a power source so long as it's 50% or more battery life left.

Edit: Sweet Jesus, Safari is blazing fast.

So after I sync via USB and I go cordless...say I restart the CPU .. Go back on iTunes.. Will it sync wireless?
Yes, it should. Only the initial first sync is required.

**Those without wireless routers who have Windows 7, download connectify.me and use your built-in wireless adapter as a hotspot. Connect your iPad to your PC and you'll be able to do wireless syncs that way as well.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Dumb question. In order for me to use notifications, do I have to have it on time? I am sending e-mails to myself and when I swipe to notifications, I am not getting it.

What are your settings under mail for getting new emails. Do you have push or fetch on? Depending on your settings if you have it on push it should be sent to your phone once you hit send from your computer. If fetch is on lets say 15 minutes it'll check for new emails every 15 minutes, if you have one then you'll get a notification.

I have it on push. I wonder if it is cause I use g-mail. I remember using yahoo and I would get e-mails right away. For some reason, I can only get e-mails from g-mail if I go into my account.
yeah, gmail can use push. google the settings

Wow....I had no idea this is how you setup Gmail for push and I've had the first gen iPhone too.

damn this sync over wifi is tight.... plus my battery life seemed like it got better

Back
Top Bottom