Is it me, or do the mods play favorites....

Yeah they do. I be getting banned/suspended for the lamest reasons. And I thought the other site was weak but NT has taken it's security/censorship to a whole new level
smh.gif

Oh well...

edit: watch me get suspended or get a warning for this reply
grin.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]If i make a thread about asians having small pp's or why are they always squinting....BANNED[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Somebody makes a thread on why black people can fit quarters in their noses or something like that....10+ pages and those who roast OP...BANNED (but OP lives another day)[/color]

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

I got banned for 2 weeks for doing a N followed by a _. I mean, can I get a warning first? Is that really worth a 2 week ban? I see people doing it all the time and nothing happens to them. 
smh.gif

smh.gif
Just wrong
smh.gif

Yeah, some of these mods are QUITE shady, and play the favorites game. Oh well, just have to live with it, it's no different in the real world.

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]If i make a thread about asians having small pp's or why are they always squinting....BANNED[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Somebody makes a thread on why black people can fit quarters in their noses or something like that....10+ pages and those who roast OP...BANNED (but OP lives another day)[/color]
"pp's"
roll.gif

i remember some thread and the dude asked why black peoples mouths always open

he said "you would think with those nose's you they wouldnt have to breath through their mouth too" or somethin
roll.gif
roll.gif

thread was like 10 pages before a mod did anything but at the same time 3 different asian threads got locked quick

With all that's going on in the world right now, you're griping about the moderation on an online sneaker message board you visit voluntarily?  Is it honestly that bad in comparison to other sites you visit?

We do the best we can given the constraints we're subject to. First of all, it's volunteer work. We're not paid by the hour, much less by the ban. Every single man and woman on this staff has full time responsibilities ASIDE from NT. Until they can devise a computer program to moderate a message board, you'll have to accept the inconsistencies that accompany human beings monitoring the site on an intermittent basis.

Tens of thousands of posts are added to NT daily.  We can't possibly review them all, so it's no secret that we rely on user reports to help bring violations to our attention.  If you're wondering why some violations are overlooked and others aren't, or why some posts are responded to faster than others, here's a hint:  THEY'VE BEEN REPORTED. 

Perhaps instead of a moderator who's "out to get you," you may have rubbed one or more of your fellow members the wrong way and they're reporting your violations.  All you really have to do in order to avoid being banned is to follow the rules in the first place.  Every single person complaining in this post failed to do so - and that's really all there is to it.  I know some people get egocentric and want to believe it's all about them... it's not.  Sorry.  Odds are the staff member who banned you couldn't say 5 things about you.  You're just breaking the rules and getting caught.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

I got banned for 2 weeks for doing a N followed by a _. I mean, can I get a warning first? Is that really worth a 2 week ban? I see people doing it all the time and nothing happens to them.
smh.gif
man you makin the it hot joe
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

"pp's"
roll.gif

i remember some thread and the dude asked why black peoples mouths always open

he said "you would think with those nose's you they wouldnt have to breath through their mouth too" or somethin
roll.gif
roll.gif

thread was like 10 pages before a mod did anything but at the same time 3 different asian threads got locked quick

Nah he asked if black peoples noses were too squished to breath through or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by Method Man

With all that's going on in the world right now, you're griping about the moderation on an online sneaker message board you visit voluntarily?  Is it honestly that bad in comparison to other sites you visit?

We do the best we can given the constraints we're subject to. First of all, it's volunteer work. We're not paid by the hour, much less by the ban. Every single man and woman on this staff has full time responsibilities ASIDE from NT. Until they can devise a computer program to moderate a message board, you'll have to accept the inconsistencies that accompany human beings monitoring the site on an intermittent basis.

Tens of thousands of posts are added to NT daily.  We can't possibly review them all, so it's no secret that we rely on user reports to help bring violations to our attention.  If you're wondering why some violations are overlooked and others aren't, or why some posts are responded to faster than others, here's a hint:  THEY'VE BEEN REPORTED. 

Perhaps instead of a moderator who's "out to get you," you may have rubbed one or more of your fellow members the wrong way and they're reporting your violations.  All you really have to do in order to avoid being banned is to follow the rules in the first place.  Every single person complaining in this post failed to do so - and that's really all there is to it.  I know some people get egocentric and want to believe it's all about them... it's not.  Sorry.  Odds are the staff member who banned you couldn't say 5 things about you.  You're just breaking the rules and getting caught.

First of all, I reported someone multiple times for trolling one of my threads, why wasn't anything done about it?
Second, I was banned for using the name of the moped from GTA in a thread asking to ID a certain bike. I certainly didn't violate any rule and another member even vouched for me, saying it's from a video game. So that means people know what I'm referring to. I think the mod thought I was referring to the 2 males riding the same bike together. The mod responded by saying "yeah right, a video game". I think someone just didn't want to admit their mistake.
oh yea i remember that
laugh.gif

smh.gif

ahem ahem...yo meth, i know you run and regulate NT and all, and im going to let you finish, but...

you went OD on the response  man
laugh.gif

its like, i hear you and all, and i follow the rules and everything but...

you just went HAM on that response.
you still the man though
happy.gif

kanye_shrug.png

I wouldn't say favoritism is the problem. I think certain members and MODS take themselves too seriously. Like they're cool but come off too hard like they got something to prove or they are a disgruntled teacher or cop. Another thing, how can a MOD come at me crazy, but if I go back at him/her in the same manner, I'm possibly in hot water?

Just lite venting
laugh.gif

And Meth I respect your response but you went too hard in it. We all know there are more important things going on around the world. Its NT, you and I come here to be entertained and have discussions about random topics with random people. I don't think OP is really upset about, at least I hope not.

if u lames dont like how nt is just leave

kids complain bout the dumbest things

raised%20hand.gif

greenCard.jpg

Put your name and info here. Get ten of these and you get a pizza party

laugh.gif

First of all, I reported someone multiple times for trolling one of my threads, why wasn't anything done about it?
Second, I was banned for using the name of the moped from GTA in a thread asking to ID a certain bike. I certainly didn't violate any rule and another member even vouched for me, saying it's from a video game. So that means people know what I'm referring to. I think the mod thought I was referring to the 2 males riding the same bike together. The mod responded by saying "yeah right, a video game". I think someone just didn't want to admit their mistake.
kanye_shrug.png

what mistake?
OP posted pics asking about what brand the bikes...and you reply back with a name of a bike from a damn video game?

step with that.
don't play dumb

ahem ahem...yo meth, i know you run and regulate NT and all, and im going to let you finish, but...you went OD on the response  manits like, i hear you and all, and i follow the rules and everything but... you just went HAM on that response.
Which of the lesser Wayans brothers penned that timely, creative gem?  That was the Internet post equivalent of one of those awful "________ Movie" parodies.  You should've thrown in the Vick jersey or a "u mad" gif.  (Or, better yet, the Michael Vick "u mad doggie" pic.)

E for effort.
And Meth I respect your response but you went too hard in it. We all know there are more important things going on around the world. Its NT, you and I come here to be entertained and have discussions about random topics with random people. I don't think OP is really upset about, at least I hope not.
The "you went too hard" excuse is such a cop out.  Sometimes the truth hurts.  I'd wager the OP IS that upset because even after the suspension ended he had to create a whole topic to complain.  Not only that, but you can see he checked in periodically and even bumped the thread from the back pages to continue caviling over a suspension that's OVER.  Read his latest reply and tell me he isn't taking this seriously. 

It's sad, frankly.  It bothers me that this is what upsets people in life.  If your life is so comfortable that this is what you find yourself vexed about, you need to get out more.
Honestly, I find that even more offensive than the petty digs at our hardworking staff.

Our staff members are here cleaning up this forum for your enjoyment 365 days a year.  If you do have an issue, is it too much to ask that you be respectful about how you raise it?  We're not your teachers.  We're not cops.  We're not your butlers and maids.  We're regular people with careers and families who take time out of our busy lives to help make this a safer and more enjoyable place.  I don't even expect gratitude for it, but I'm not certainly accepting disrespect.

People with their little authority problems or a spoiled sense of entitlement need to check that at the door.  It's sickening. 

I'm fine with everyone having fun on here - that's part of what NT's about - but that doesn't give people the right to entertain themselves at the staff's expense.  They're not here to take abuse.  Unlike other boards, our staff members don't just lock every "protest" post without comment.  We make ourselves accessible and genuinely care about our fellow members' concerns.  Some people take unfair advantage of that and use it as a cheap way to get attention. 
1)  Just because you report something doesn't mean the staff has to agree it's a violation.  Some people report posts just because they don't like what another person said.  (e.g. "oh he disagreed with me in my own thread and made me look bad!  Ban him!!!") 

If reporting resulted in an instant warning or ban, we might as well just give every single user mod access.  If you report something, I won't promise that we'll ban whoever's managed to upset you.  Reports will be reviewed.  At that point, it's left to the acting staff member's discretion.  If you think the acting staff member intentionally ignored your warning and overlooked the violation because they don't like you, you're giving yourself far, far too much credit.  I'm sorry to say it, but if I decided yesterday, before this post was made, to ask the staff "what do you think of 23legacy45?"  I wouldn't get a single response.  Your username doesn't even stand out.  You really think someone has it in for you?  Please.  I'm just being real with you. 

I'm sure you're a good person and I'm not saying you're unimportant - but I'd be shocked if anyone on our staff could tell me even two things about you off the top of their heads.  There are thousands of users on NT and most of our staff members have been around for years.  People come and go. 

It would be pathetic to hold grudges.  There are a couple of people on the staff who once said negative things about me on the board.  People grow and change.  We do keep track of users who've been previously banned, and for a good reason.  Why should someone who's been banned in the past be granted the same leeway as a new user?  Users who've been banned are often given a second (or FIFTH, as further proof that we're willing to forgive) opportunity, but it's considered probationary.  If you show up fresh off a ban and break a rule - even one that strikes you as "minor" - that sends us the message that you still aren't showing the required respect for our community standards and we'll set you back out on the curb.  It's nothing personal.  We just can't allow people to post here if they're unwilling to abide by the rules.

2)  When we say "no slurs," is there a little asterisk next to it indicating "*unless it's been in a popular video game, movie, or song"?  No?  I didn't think so.  I really don't care if it's from a video game.  It's still offensive.  There's plenty of offensive content in games that someone could be warned or banned for repeating.  You have to use your judgment and consider whether something is appropriate before adding it here. 

Instead, too many people are more concerned about whether or not some random stranger will find it funny. 

You may not have intended to offend anyone, but that doesn't mean the post wasn't offensive.  You're implying "oh, old man Dirtylicious didn't get the GTA reference because he's out of touch, then refused to reverse the ban because he'd have to admit he made a mistake" when the truth of the matter is that the reference is irrelevant.  If someone tells an offensive joke and I quote it on NikeTalk, I'm still responsible for the content. 

If it were an actual Italian company rather than a crude secondhand joke, I would've agreed with you and removed it from your record. 

In most cases, slurs are grounds for permanent banishment.  Warnings and suspensions are a way to make it clear that we won't accept a given behavior on our forums.  It's not the end of the world.  You're back.  You're posting.  You now, hopefully, understand the issue.  That's really all there is to it. 

I suggest you move on with your life.  It's too short and too precious to waste on frivolities like this. 

If that's the last thing you want to hear, if you want us to bicker back and forth with you like this is REALLY REALLY important, you've picked the wrong people to play with. 

If the above strikes you as excessive, that's because I'm eager to get this nonsense over with.  I'd rather dead it up front than go back and forth over something trifling. 

If folks want to huff and puff any further they're welcome to vent.  Just don't expect it to accomplish anything.  You have your explanation.  If you'd like to disagree that's your prerogative, but until something changes our staff members are still responsible for upholding the rules as written, so it's in your best interest to understand and abide by our policy if you wish to continue posting here.  The wonderful thing about the Internet is that there's always an alternative.  Hate the staff?  Hate the rules?  You can find another board or even create your own.  We'll keep doing the best job we can on this one for those interested.

Back
Top Bottom