Is it possible to roll your ankle and not even notice?

So I just had flag football practice (a very light one) with my intramural team and it went fine.

Fast forward to sitting at the dining table at home... I get up and try to walk but then I almost fall over. It felt as if I rolled my ankle and I had no idea that I did.

My ankles are pronated and that's where the pain is coming from, the inside of the ankle. I don't think I rolled my ankle so I have no idea why it feels as if I did. I feel that maybe I cut to the left too hard and that's where the pain is coming from.

Has anyone else ever felt pain after the fact? I'm not sure if it was adrenaline or not because it wasn't too serious of a practice.

Whenever I roll my ankle, I just play through it and I eventually forget about it.
I only remember a few hours later when it hurts.
Maybe that happened to you?

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

No. Unless you were drunk (speaking from experience).
I was playing ball drunk in the park at night. We were falling down a lot one on one with the hard drunk fouls
laugh.gif
Woke up next day with a swole %%* ankle
30t6p3b.gif
Straight up shook at the amount of pain when I tried to walk.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure I didn't roll it. Otherwise, I would have felt it. I've rolled my ankles plenty of times and for some reason now it feels like I have when I know I didn't.

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

I've rolled it and sometimes even played through it, but never was it unnoticed because that hurts like hell..

Shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, not ME. landed on someone's foot coming down from a rebound once and i wish i could've amputated my lower leg fro the pain i experienced. hopped of the court and drove my stick shift home in pain...

was going to say maybe you got gout..but the pain from gout is usually on the foot

Back
Top Bottom