Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

Love or hate him. I doubt a lot of folks would. They’d be asking him for a selfie/autograph
1612105644777.png

I do miss “the chase” of researching an item. In my day we had to go to library, word of mouth, or in general just get up off our **** and get it out the mud.

We live in a “microwave society”. I asked this lady at this business for something and she told me to google it. Mind you it’s her job to provide said info.

I do miss “the chase” of researching an item. In my day we had to go to library, word of mouth, or in general just get up off our **** and get it out the mud.

We live in a “microwave society”. I asked this lady at this business for something and she told me to google it. Mind you it’s her job to provide said info.
My god. I'd never do that at work. Now if I'm at home, I'll quickly say it but if I'm being paid to give answers, I'd give answers or google them to give them the data.

Honestly I hated regular research but digital research is fun to me. Find old sites that have data you need is a blast to me.

Now that part is cool. Digging up old data etc. I’ll give you that.

but I do feel like mapquest had made me dumb and lazy. What happens if you have no service? Now you have to either open your mouth and ask, think, or _________

I can't blame people being reliant on Google Maps or Mapquest because in my experience, people give terrible directions to get places. Just god awful.

Now that part is cool. Digging up old data etc. I’ll give you that.

but I do feel like mapquest had made me dumb and lazy. What happens if you have no service? Now you have to either open your mouth and ask, think, or _________

I believe google maps lets you download the directions offline

Back
Top Bottom