Jay-Z fell off.......

His flow is a shell of it's former self. All those guest appearances in the last 2 years or so have been absolute buns for the most part. He's had someflashes of his old self (I Know, Party Life, Success) but for the most part, I haven't heard him "body" anything since the Grammy Familyfreestyle (which isn't really fair to compare because that %*#$ was on a whole nother level...he didn't take the Jacob watch, he just screwed off thebezel)

He can still make a great album, as evident because of American Gangster, but it was nowhere near Jigga circa 2001-2004, lyrically and flow wise. The days ofbeing awed by Jay's prowess on the mic are over and done with...but he can still make good music. It's like a great outfielder having to move to DHnear the end of his career. He won't be making those amazing plays in the outfield anymore, but he can still be damn good and productive.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by M16

These threads have to stop.
Agreed.

Hate him or love him, they have to stop.
laugh.gif

But anyway...I don't know if he's necessarily fallen off. Maybe he's not up to par with what he once was, but he's been a STRONG 2/3 with his last 3 albums. TBA and AG were both very great albums. And to me, Kingdom Come gets over-hated, I'm not saying it's good, but it's not as bad as people say, just gets extra hate because people expect the most from Jay (which is understandable). On tracks like The Prelude, Kingdom Come and Beach Chair he still displays how he can flow and make good songs...the album as a whole just didn't blend well.

But yeah...he's still making good music, he just doesn't have as much dedication to music anymore I don't think and he focuses on the other aspects of his life more. Plus he's almost 40 now and he can't rap forever.
frown.gif
So discussing an artist's ability to stay musically, creatively, and aesthetically sharp needs to stop?!

It's a discussion board son....

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

His flow is a shell of it's former self. All those guest appearances in the last 2 years or so have been absolute buns for the most part. He's had some flashes of his old self (I Know, Party Life, Success) but for the most part, I haven't heard him "body" anything since the Grammy Family freestyle (which isn't really fair to compare because that %*#$ was on a whole nother level...he didn't take the Jacob watch, he just screwed off the bezel)

He can still make a great album, as evident because of American Gangster, but it was nowhere near Jigga circa 2001-2004, lyrically and flow wise. The days of being awed by Jay's prowess on the mic are over and done with...but he can still make good music. It's like a great outfielder having to move to DH near the end of his career. He won't be making those amazing plays in the outfield anymore, but he can still be damn good and productive.
Thanks for this...and a few other intelligent responses....

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by M16

These threads have to stop.
Agreed.

Hate him or love him, they have to stop.
laugh.gif

But anyway...I don't know if he's necessarily fallen off. Maybe he's not up to par with what he once was, but he's been a STRONG 2/3 with his last 3 albums. TBA and AG were both very great albums. And to me, Kingdom Come gets over-hated, I'm not saying it's good, but it's not as bad as people say, just gets extra hate because people expect the most from Jay (which is understandable). On tracks like The Prelude, Kingdom Come and Beach Chair he still displays how he can flow and make good songs...the album as a whole just didn't blend well.

But yeah...he's still making good music, he just doesn't have as much dedication to music anymore I don't think and he focuses on the other aspects of his life more. Plus he's almost 40 now and he can't rap forever.
frown.gif
So discussing an artist's ability to stay musically, creatively, and aesthetically sharp needs to stop?!

It's a discussion board son....

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

His flow is a shell of it's former self. All those guest appearances in the last 2 years or so have been absolute buns for the most part. He's had some flashes of his old self (I Know, Party Life, Success) but for the most part, I haven't heard him "body" anything since the Grammy Family freestyle (which isn't really fair to compare because that %*#$ was on a whole nother level...he didn't take the Jacob watch, he just screwed off the bezel)

He can still make a great album, as evident because of American Gangster, but it was nowhere near Jigga circa 2001-2004, lyrically and flow wise. The days of being awed by Jay's prowess on the mic are over and done with...but he can still make good music. It's like a great outfielder having to move to DH near the end of his career. He won't be making those amazing plays in the outfield anymore, but he can still be damn good and productive.
Thanks for this...and a few other intelligent responses....
Nah, I'm fine with that...

I'm just saying it seems like everyday there's a post about Hov which turns into a 10 page argument/discussion of why he's good or bad...whyhe's fallen off etc.

I'm not trying to knock the topic, I'm just getting tired of seeing the same argument over and over. My bad, I didn't mean that in a bad way.
laugh.gif

for the record, i think jay is gonna come correct with bp3 ... its not gonna sell like relapse, but its gonna be just as good ... and i cant wait till it dropseither, cuz all those people callin me an em stan gonna get worked lol ... you have an entire album done by NT's father Jay-z and godfather Kanye WestLOLOLOLOL ... i expect the salivation to be extreme

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

so how much you want to bet em sells more on relapse than jay does with bp3 ... huh deuce?

Jay aint never really been that big sellin dude, just consistent as hell. Em always sells more than Jay and everybody else for that matter, real talk. Butthat dont have isht to do with anything. I dont really wanna get into why that is, but we all know why... Please dont think that Em sells so much simply dueto his skills. I hope you are not that naive. He has one of the best deliveries ever, but come on. Relaspe is wack, and it leaked mad early, and will stillprolly sell 3 mil +. It is not a coincidence. Cats are still checkin for Jay. And at 40+?, that is saying something.

Originally Posted by zube42

tie a rope around your penis and jump from a tree ...

Wouldn't he have to tie the rope to the tree too? Because just jumping off a tree with some rope around your %%+# wouldn't really do anything...
some things go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over peoples heads ...
laugh.gif

"Get it in your face when F!!!n wit (dudes) over ya head"

Jay's the greatest...Question?

I'm bored so...................

AG was wack. Untitled destroys it lyrically and musically. Jay-Z fans are holding on to his last shred of talent.
I don't believe this but since yall N's wanna rerun threads might as well make this silly argument hurryup

Its not that he fell off, its just to many other artist right now that people are checkin for..He not the same Jay from 99 its 09 he has changed and so has hismusic. But u will always have loyal Jay-Z fans..

Why didn't he retire after Black Album?? I'm still mad... He's been using this "I'm gonna retire after this album" ploy since HardKnock Life in 1998... Outside of that Jay has the potential to make a classic track/album anytime he hits the booth... He's always gonna be a threat inthat department... But he's half of what he used to be...

And his fans take his music WAAAAY too serious (especially since the majority of his music is meaningless in the grand scheme of things) so its always funny tobe EXTREMELY critical of him... He's earned the right to be held @ such a high standard tho... It truly is a GIFT & CURSE...
smh.gif
smh.gif

He's been using this "I'm gonna retire after this album" ploy since Hard Knock Life in 1998...
I remember him claiming that RD would be his only album and that he'd retire after it.

what a waste of a thread
smh.gif
Hov fell off
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
there's nothing else going on in music to talk about then something we all know hasn't happened....BP3 is coming and when it does then itwould be fair after listening to make a thread like this....

Back
Top Bottom