Kanye West x Jordan Brand

Nike needs competition. When Yeezys, Ultraboost, NMDs were red-hot from 2015-2018ish, Jordan Brand actually tried and put out pretty good retros of OG colors and had some good Retro+ with good stock.

Now that Nike is back to dominating, they’re getting lazy. Only a few OG retros every year. Very few Retro+ interested me last year.

This guy never wanted to leave Nike to begin with. He’s from Chicago and grew up watching Mike, he wanted to create at nike. Had mark Parker given him royalties, he’d have his own building at NWH and would most likely be leading the charge there as far as lifestyle goes. Kanye was smart for knowing his worth. Once his adidas contract is up I see him doing collaborations with the Yeezy similar to supreme and what Virgil did with off white. Yeezy can easily be a Stand alone brand like FOG. Nike offered him more creative control for 5 million a year. They lowballed him big time. Had he taken that deal he wouldn’t be a billionaire now. Had nike given him royalties adidas wouldn’t be where they are now. There’s still four years left on this adidas contract. I’m willing to bet that when it’s up we see him go back to Nike. If this happens we will see some crazy collaborations as well as the long awaited retro of the Air Yeezy too.

You gotta be insane to think Nike wants anything to do with this nut job, the dude is mentally ill. Yeezys been dead for years, the gap collab was buns.

Definitely isn't dead. It's peak I would say has come and gone.

Could always be a resurgence. It's not like some of the newer models weren't well received.

I guess he is getting bored at the 3 strikes
Now it makes sense why he was photographed wearing CDG foams
The irony is that Nike/JB make the majority of sales on retro product-if he’s bored, going back to them to make new cws of old models makes no sense lol

Def dropped the ball but I dont see this happening. It's his lame *** son caping for this who is already the obvious back door king. Jordan is too loyal for this kind of move to a good degree.

Dude put the American flag over his shoulder to hide a competing logo.. that was eons ago but Jordan is stubborn like that. Gotta make wild dollars for this to make any sense close enough for fruition.
Also, Jordan Brand are Yeezy are oil and water. In the casual wear market where they make their respective bread, Jordan Brand is committed to rehashing old products that people enjoy (that are sometimes trash) while Yeezy is primarily focusing on developing new styles (that are sometimes trash).

This guy never wanted to leave Nike to begin with. He’s from Chicago and grew up watching Mike, he wanted to create at nike. Had mark Parker given him royalties, he’d have his own building at NWH and would most likely be leading the charge there as far as lifestyle goes. Kanye was smart for knowing his worth. Once his adidas contract is up I see him doing collaborations with the Yeezy similar to supreme and what Virgil did with off white. Yeezy can easily be a Stand alone brand like FOG. Nike offered him more creative control for 5 million a year. They lowballed him big time. Had he taken that deal he wouldn’t be a billionaire now. Had nike given him royalties adidas wouldn’t be where they are now. There’s still four years left on this adidas contract. I’m willing to bet that when it’s up we see him go back to Nike. If this happens we will see some crazy collaborations as well as the long awaited retro of the Air Yeezy too.
I doubt he goes back to Nike since I’m sure Adidas has ownership of the Adidas x Yeezy models. Plus Nike is a TERRIBLE place for new casualwear designs, the company is so focused on retro and performance products, that it would be extremely limiting for him to go back there. I could see him reaching a new agreement with Adidas where the Adidas Yeezy line is still produced and he keeps royalties while he is allowed to work with other brands. He is the most important Adidas signing in their company’s history so the company will bend over backwards and let him put it in dry because they need him more than he needs them tbh.

Back
Top Bottom