KD 11

Nobody's opinions should be taken as gospel. :tongue: I'd hope nobody on here is making purchases based on what someone on the internet says, regardless of who it is. But for those who don't have the opportunity to trying stuff on locally, guys like NW give you some objective insight (build, cushioning, materials, sizing anomalies) and some subjective insight (opinion) about the kicks. What you do with that insight is up to you.

In the case of the KD11, I'm still interested in trying them but I had similar qualms with the KD 9 and X as NW... and frankly I've got so much Flyknit over the past couple years that I'll probably be waiting for clearance if at all.

EFC79FD4-6AFB-477A-BE7A-780B2AAC6A07.png

it's especially helpful because most purchases are online these days so just sizing advice helps a lot especially if you can relate to what fits the reviewer in comparison to what fits you

i know that when there's a shoe that are limited and can only be had online, those reviewers who do get the shoes early can be very helpful too

Nobody's opinions should be taken as gospel. :tongue: I'd hope nobody on here is making purchases based on what someone on the internet says, regardless of who it is. But for those who don't have the opportunity to trying stuff on locally, guys like NW give you some objective insight (build, cushioning, materials, sizing anomalies) and some subjective insight (opinion) about the kicks. What you do with that insight is up to you.

In the case of the KD11, I'm still interested in trying them but I had similar qualms with the KD 9 and X as NW... and frankly I've got so much Flyknit over the past couple years that I'll probably be waiting for clearance if at all.

I just PM you bro. johnmcguirk johnmcguirk

So now we have an official release date for the Still KD pair. when are the blue pair releasing?

Proof of this? I wanna see

He went through his videos and written reviews and the comments on said reviews and deleted incriminating evidence.

I think he outright deleted the Brand Black Delta shoe review or the parts where he says the shoe straight up sucks has been redacted. Right after he trashed the BB Deltas, he stopped reviewing Brand Black shoes all together. I wonder why? LOL. Someone at Brand Black did not like what he said obviously...

All the evidence you need is that he was actively reviewing brand black shoes while he was working with the brand on his own Weartesters/Nightwing Branded shoe.

Since people called him out, he no longer reviews brand black shoes. He just promotes them on his site by providing sale information, release dates and sneak peeks that nobody else has access to (a nod to his working relationship with the brand).

He completely trashed the Curry 5's... then suddenly, mysteriously, weeks later he produced another review basically saying "My bad guys, even though this shoe caused my feet to bleed and tore up my arches, the shoe is good".--- if that doesn't strike you as suspicious or raise any red flags, I don't know what to tell you.

But his Eastbay sponsorship is still there.

Its pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together and understand that Eastbay (his employer and business partner) can request that he say or promote certain things.

And he still refuses to note when Eastbay has mailed him a particular shoe vs when he purchases the shoe with his own money.

He promotes sales that eastbay has on their site all the time.

Also if you pay attention to any other reviewers specifically Kick Genius- they also had a similar relationship with Eastbay in the past.

I think their deal got terminated because Tre kept bashing Under Armour's design language, Eastbay asked him to stop (he refused) and they terminated the relationship.

Eastbay will not enter business with any YouTuber that is going to trash the products that they sell. Nightwing tries to maintain a semblance of objectivity, but if you have any level of intelligence you can see that its a farce.

-
Curious? have you met NW or played with him?

No I haven’t met or played with him. But I can tell as I’ve watched his content from day 1. Dude is a straight up spot up shooter. Not saying that’s a bad thing but he won’t put as much torque or stress on a shoe as someone that’s taller/weighs more/more athletic and has played a high level of ball.

I’m not saying his reviews are useless, more so just stating that his reviews don’t cater to everyone.

i didnt say anything about the toy thing.
I agree that such hobby has zero impact on someone's ability to rate a basketball product. Now if his hobby happened to be huffing paint or dancing on Crystal meth, things would be different.
That would actually be hilarious. Shoe reviews on meth

Are we really supposed to take a man who is wearing a POWER RANGER shirt seriously??

Dude collects Power Ranger, Batman and Ninja Turtle action figures. He is no more than the mascot for Neck-beard, basement dwelling, non-factors. I can't take any of his reviews seriously anymore after the whole Under Armor/ Brand Black endorsement fiasco that he and his cronies tried to cover up. Luckily, they couldn't cover up screenshots and the receipts.

Nightwing said a lot of the same things about containment on the KD 10's... I didn't have those issues.
I mean - he did say the review is based on his playing style and forray. Just b/c you didn't have an issue doesn't mean someone else didnt.
No I haven’t met or played with him. But I can tell as I’ve watched his content from day 1. Dude is a straight up spot up shooter. Not saying that’s a bad thing but he won’t put as much torque or stress on a shoe as someone that’s taller/weighs more/more athletic and has played a high level of ball.

I’m not saying his reviews are useless, more so just stating that his reviews don’t cater to everyone.

It's objective in the reviews he does. Not everyone's foot is the same. So you made a judgement on a video that he take time editing to 6-8 minutes so viewers don't lose their attention span, and tries to have fun with it, yet your snap judgement was that he's a spot up shooter(meaning he stands o. The corner waiting for the ball); it's like calling Klay Thompson one-sided player You should probably go back on other reviews also then b/c your hitting the fast forward button on all, otherwise you stating you been watching since day one opinion, would condescend everything you stated. And what's wrong with him having fun and enjoying his childhood things?
I enjoy super Mario, Ninja turtles, and etc, some people have nostalgic resonance, and enjoy it.

I had the KD 10's, how's the traction better on the 11's when I had no issue with the 10's? :blush:

I did have containment issues which is why I no longer have the shoes. On hard cuts my foot moved and due to the lacing system they never felt tight\secure.

I'll wait for more reviews on the 11's but it's not looking good.
Just bc it traction bit down for you and your playing style doesnt mean it worked for everyone else. And also, depending on the different types of courts you play on.

I mean - he did say the review is based on his playing style and forray. Just b/c you didn't have an issue doesn't mean someone else didnt.

It's objective in the reviews he does. Not everyone's foot is the same. So you made a judgement on a video that he take time editing to 6-8 minutes so viewers don't lose their attention span, and tries to have fun with it, yet your snap judgement was that he's a spot up shooter(meaning he stands o. The corner waiting for the ball); it's like calling Klay Thompson one-sided player You should probably go back on other reviews also then b/c your hitting the fast forward button on all, otherwise you stating you been watching since day one opinion, would condescend everything you stated. And what's wrong with him having fun and enjoying his childhood things?
I enjoy super Mario, Ninja turtles, and etc, some people have nostalgic resonance, and enjoy it.

You have a business relationship with him and are biased.

Your analysis of his content is void.

Very nice try though, Stanley Tse!

Did NW hurt you?

Not at all.

He’s just intentionally misleading and I’m tired of it.

He’s a paid employee for UA and Brand Black. Brand black collaborated and sold a shoe beating NW’s company’s name!

Stop being reductive because you can’t see past the smoke screen.

He went through his videos and written reviews and the comments on said reviews and deleted incriminating evidence.

I think he outright deleted the Brand Black Delta shoe review or the parts where he says the shoe straight up sucks has been redacted. Right after he trashed the BB Deltas, he stopped reviewing Brand Black shoes all together. I wonder why? LOL. Someone at Brand Black did not like what he said obviously...

All the evidence you need is that he was actively reviewing brand black shoes while he was working with the brand on his own Weartesters/Nightwing Branded shoe.

Since people called him out, he no longer reviews brand black shoes. He just promotes them on his site by providing sale information, release dates and sneak peeks that nobody else has access to (a nod to his working relationship with the brand).

He completely trashed the Curry 5's... then suddenly, mysteriously, weeks later he produced another review basically saying "My bad guys, even though this shoe caused my feet to bleed and tore up my arches, the shoe is good".--- if that doesn't strike you as suspicious or raise any red flags, I don't know what to tell you.

But his Eastbay sponsorship is still there.

Its pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together and understand that Eastbay (his employer and business partner) can request that he say or promote certain things.

And he still refuses to note when Eastbay has mailed him a particular shoe vs when he purchases the shoe with his own money.

He promotes sales that eastbay has on their site all the time.

Also if you pay attention to any other reviewers specifically Kick Genius- they also had a similar relationship with Eastbay in the past.

I think their deal got terminated because Tre kept bashing Under Armour's design language, Eastbay asked him to stop (he refused) and they terminated the relationship.

Eastbay will not enter business with any YouTuber that is going to trash the products that they sell. Nightwing tries to maintain a semblance of objectivity, but if you have any level of intelligence you can see that its a farce.
Your Brandblack criticism is valid, he essentially had a PE of a brandblack shoe made and sold, he very clearly had a business relationship with them.

You're starting to reach with the under armour stuff, or maybe you just skimmed the second video on the curry 5, but he basically explained that other reviewers had told him they had a more positive experience with the shoe when they sized up half a size, and he said that while the arch pain wasn't as bad, sizing up led to containment issues.

At the end of the day, none of the youtubers with any level of fame or production value are giving you completely objective commentary, because almost all of them have relationship with brands in one way or another. That's just the state of the business. If you've spent this much time watching sneaker youtubers, you probably already know that. If you've got a vendetta against Nightwing, cool. That should probably go in a separate thread though.

"This member limits who may view their full profile."

By all means, make a thread about how Chris Chase is scamming the world. Best of luck with your campaign. I just watch the guys 3-8 minute videos to hear about sizing and tech. He's down to earth and closer to my age. Glad he can provide more for his family through partnerships.

So, how 'bout those KD 11s?

“He completely trashed the Curry 5's... then suddenly, mysteriously, weeks later he produced another review basically saying "My bad guys, even though this shoe caused my feet to bleed and tore up my arches, the shoe is good".--- if that doesn't strike you as suspicious or raise any red flags, I don't know what to tell you.”

From what I watched he did have pain and posted pictures. UA responded by saying they believed he had the wrong size and gave him another pair that was bigger. He did not say the shoe was good but said the bigger size didn’t give him any arch pain.

I can care less what any of the youtube reviews are like in real life and don’t take any off their reviews without waiting my own opinion. I personally prefer NW and schwollo reviews off of the structure of thier reviews. I really can’t get into the solebrothers reviews because it seems like thier energy is always low.

Back to the KD 11s, the 3 guys that I know that own pairs reviews are all similar to NWs and 2/3 have sold thier worn pairs on EBay/GOAT already. The third is just using his as beaters and went back to the PG2s to ball in.

Back
Top Bottom