LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I say 5 years, 55 mil for Bynum.

It's not enough, he'll get better offers elsewhere.

If we offer this extension during the upcoming off-season, I think he'd take it and no other team can offer him anything. If he doesn't take it,then I guess we'd have to increase it.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

^ I didn't get the pro cut I got the swingman. That's all I saw there but when I saw a 4xl I had to scoop it because I was told that they didn't make them. I just wonder if they make the shooting jacket in a 4xl.

Lakers fans...

I know I wanted a J. Kidd deal....now I am thinking this roster is pretty good. We could trade kwame because we have been doing well without him but i do know that if a J. Kidd deal did happen it can not include farmar. Give them crit but famar must stay.
I'm telling you Kwame's expiring contract + pick for Ron Artest
You can actually do that deal straight up. Kwame makes more the ron ron....
roll.gif
. Only thing is why would sac make that deal?
I know, I wast just playing
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I can dream, can't I
laugh.gif

It'll be nice to see Odom back in there. I'm really interested to see how we play tonight. Hope we can keep it going.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

I'm not fond of JO, especially when it involved Andrew and Lamar. I'd be ok with it if it was Bynum/Kwame and fillers but that would be it.

Then we'd have a core of Kobe, Lamar and JO. However that's a lot of money tied up in THREE players! Also we'd be weak at the center position.

I think we should stick with what we've got, wether Kobe stays or not.
TEAM LAKERS

Laker fans do we make a move for J kidd and what do we give up?

I don't think we would have enough to give up, salary wise. Lamar would be gone, but who else would they package to go with him.

He has a better chance of going to Cleveland.

what happened to Jack Haley? Was he fired? Different network?

Norm Nixon is boring. Jack Haley is an idiot, but entertaining at least (except I still hate the early reporting of the boozer trade)

Oh its updated daily...i thought it was the weekly power rankings.

Lakers are the 4th highest scoring team in the league, and that's how Hollinger is breaking it down.

I think Marc Stein does the weekly Power Rankings.

What looked like a solid signing - one year, $4 million - back into the off-season has become a colossal waste. Jamaal Magloire is about 24th on the 12-man game roster. The other night against Detroit, Billy Thomas, who had been around for about an hour-and-a-half, got some garbage time minutes while Magloire received his 11th Did Not Play, coach's decision of the season. This wasn't what Magloire envisioned, certainly not what the Nets envisioned. "I agree," Magloire said. NY Post
I wonder whats wrong with him. I would have liked to see him here in la as a back center but looks like he ain't doing to much.

He probably isn't in the set 12-man rotation, which is too bad because he has that dominant presence on the defense side of the ball.

Could've been a big upgrade over Chris Mihm, but the Lakers decided to give him a 2 year contract.
grin.gif

Sounds interesting. I just don't like ben's contract.

Neither do the Bulls.

BUT

You have a player who is defensive minded first, and who would definitely boost the interior defense.

When Bynum is out of the game, there is no shot block threat on the floor. If we can get rid of Kwame's 8 or 9 Mil, that would be a gift to us, plus wehave the 2 Mil left over from the Cook/Evans deal... Yet, I don't think the Bulls would make that deal.

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

what's the lakers rotation as of right now? Starters? I've been out of basketball lately
smh.gif

over the last few games, the rotation has been:

starters:
bynum
odom
luke
kobe
fish

bench:
kwame
ronny
ariza
critt
farmar

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Since it's so apparent that Odom is not a second option type of a player
eyes.gif
, why don't we make Bynum our second option? He is definitely capable but no one ever gives him the opportunity.

okay, I actually agree with you on that. Bynum is capable but for some reason they don't like going to him, especially in crunch time. I think theyshould let him touch the ball on every single possession ala Shaq. the inside-out game wins.

I got a question for all the laker fans (im a laker fan too). Why would you even want kidd right now? If they get kidd, Farmar who has been playing lights outis a third string pg. Kidd cant shoot and I dont really see how he would fit into the triangle. Don't get me wrong I think Kidd is a great player but Idont really think he fits into the system (even though the lakers seem to be plaing in the triangle less this year)

I like this. Keep up with laker news sperate from the games.

I can't wait for lamar to come back.

Any news on the jo deal?
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

I like the new lakers homepage.
TEAM LAKERS
1949-1950-1952-1953-1954-1972-1980-1982-1985-1987-1988-2000-2001-2002​

Man, I feel like crap.

It's time for Kobe to go crazy circa early 2006.

That stupid thread jinxed it. UGHHHH

Hopefully he(Bynum) will be at the top of his game come playoff time

How much crow should we be eating because of Mitch? We all love to bash the dude, we blame him for a lot of stuff, but.......since he traded one of thegreatest players of all time, that team did get their one ring, and their franchise has sunk into the abyss since. We had one really strange season in whichthe coach quit and then eventually so did the players, we almost pulled off a miracle in the first round the next season, had an unreal rash of injuries lastyear that really stunted our momentum and now we are looking real solid. *fingers crossed*.

He screwed up the Brown/Butler deal.
Overpaid for Vlad
Drafted Sasha - who is trying to get on our good side, but as of this second still belongs in the mistake department.
There are some moves he left out on the table, however many of them would have included moving Bynum. Smart move perhaps to stay put?

But,

Drafted Bynum, Farmar, Crittenton, Turiaf
Made a decent move with Ariza
Locked up Walton (slightly overpaid, but solid peice)
Really lucked out with Fisher, can't really give him credit there.
Got rid of Smush, and Cook.
We now have flexibility to trade or sign peices as we go along, we're not in too bad of shape.
We are extremely young and set to make a run for a couple of years with a little tweaking here and there.
Got Jackson back, and has locked him up for a couple years.

So after the intial hit from moving Shaq, we stumbled a bit, but now seem to be back on track, the only thing that can mess with that is the Kobe contract. Ifit weren't for his antics, we would have had a real quiet off season, but maybe he was the guy that motivated Bynum and Farmar and guys like that to reallywork on their game. Plus, look how much a difference Fish is over Smush. Totally changed the whole nature of the team.

I dunno, if Mitch stays doing ok, and with Jackson locked up and coaching, if we keep the Buss's quiet, we seem to have a semi stable front office again. If we manage to keep Kobe on good terms, and get thru the opt out or not issue that will be coming, we could really be set for another run. Dare I mention,Shaq was in his prime, Kobe was a 20 year old, they won a chip. Kobe is now in his prime, Bynum is a 20 year old. Maybe not this season, but if that kidkeeps growing, and Kobe stays......this could be a lot of fun.

Will we give the credit to Mitch?

Back
Top Bottom