Leaving without saying Goodbye

back in the day we were all out drinking and my friend was boasting about his new job behind the electronics counter at a big store. he said you guys come in and grab whatever you want and i’ll only charge you for like a cassette tape or something. next day i showed up and told him to grab me a camcorder and ring me up only for a videotape. dude started sweating and stuttering and looking wild scared but i stood there until he did it anyway. some time later, during inventory, there was an investigation into the missing camcorder and my friend quit soon after that.

so yeah, some people make offers they probably don’t think you’ll cash in on. some trying to be polite or some, like my friend, letting the liquor talk 😂

so yeah, some people make offers they probably don’t think you’ll cash in on. some trying to be polite or some, like my friend, letting the liquor talk 😂

I had a buddy of mine do the same at the movie theatre he worked in. Told me to come through and order some food so....2 chilli dogs, popcorn, M&M’s and sodas later I was back in my seat watching Kill Bill vol. 2. The next day at the basketball court I found out the dude working the register next to him snitched on him and got him fired. Those Chilli dogs were good.

I had a buddy of mine do the same at the movie theatre he worked in. Told me to come through and order some food so....2 chilli dogs, popcorn, M&M’s and sodas later I was back in my seat watching Kill Bill vol. 2. The next day at the basketball court I found out the dude working the register next to him snitched on him and got him fired. Those Chilli dogs were good.

Yummy 😋 😋 😋 Very proud of you and da snitch for getting your friend fired. 😀

In a way leaving without saying good bye is more respectful than saying goodbye.

Because by not saying bye you're letting people focus on the party instead of you.

Not saying goodbye is the nicest thing you can do to someone.

Dudes in here boasting about calling their friends bluff, making them follow through and then laughing when they get fired is lame af.

Why would you actually make them go through with it? Foul.

^ I had to re-read a few of those stories because I thought I was missing some. That could have been handled differently on both ends though. No one forced the person to go through with it but could have let it go and call that out later.

In a way leaving without saying good bye is more respectful than saying goodbye.

Because by not saying bye you're letting people focus on the party instead of you.

Not saying goodbye is the nicest thing you can do to someone.
yes-jack-nicholson.gif

This is the strangest story.

-So many question being avoided by OP

-why would she send the money back through the mail and card? (I know they’re boomers but they can’t be that far removed from technology)

-the husband is way too lax about anything and everything

There’s just something so major being devoided in the story. Because there’s no way both parties are acting strange, it’s usually only one.

this was a funny thread man

I would definitely feel some type of way about being asked to sit on a sheet even tho I remember growing up some people's parents wouldn't even let us inside so I can understand being OCD, but you got to do that before your guests get there not as they about to sit down.

I can't imagine being close friends with people same age as my parents also I'd only stay with a few people like that anyway.

That's why I left the cash to begin with... if you saw my original post then you could see I didn't mind if she kept the money... me and my friend are all good... I already told her that... I just made it clear I prally won't ever visit them again in SC... but other than that we can hang out here in NJ when they visit

Back
Top Bottom