LEBRON 8 PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ( V1, V2, PS)

kobeoverbron wrote:
would love a v/3 performance review...

I'll try to do one within the week

itSjaSko wrote:
whats more comfortable, v1s or v2s?

Its hard to say. The V1s feel nice and plush around your foot. The V2s feel good underneath your foot, maybe its because sockliner is perforated.

kobeoverbron wrote:
would love a v/3 performance review...

I'll try to do one within the week

itSjaSko wrote:
whats more comfortable, v1s or v2s?

Its hard to say. The V1s feel nice and plush around your foot. The V2s feel good underneath your foot, maybe its because sockliner is perforated.

MF - looking forward to your performance review. I'd really like to jump on a pair of V3s if they perform well...

MF - looking forward to your performance review. I'd really like to jump on a pair of V3s if they perform well...

played in the v 3's a while ago. the midsole plate feels a bit weird for a lebron sig (i read somewhere that he was flat footed? correct me if i'm wrong)

played in the v 3's a while ago. the midsole plate feels a bit weird for a lebron sig (i read somewhere that he was flat footed? correct me if i'm wrong)

^ if he was the carbon fiber would only irritate his arch. I believe he has either a low arch or close to medium arch. Paul pierce is flat footed.
Those that bought the v3s for ball, is it me or is the outsole made cheaper and less durable than compared to the v1s. It looks as if the grip would fade away after a few times of serious ball.

^ if he was the carbon fiber would only irritate his arch. I believe he has either a low arch or close to medium arch. Paul pierce is flat footed.
Those that bought the v3s for ball, is it me or is the outsole made cheaper and less durable than compared to the v1s. It looks as if the grip would fade away after a few times of serious ball.

^my thoughts exactly. can't imagine how somebody with flat feet can play in these

^my thoughts exactly. can't imagine how somebody with flat feet can play in these

Heres my review of the Lebron 8 PS also known as the V3.

Ive played in them for about 8 hours. Some of the time has been in serious leauge games with Ex-college players and professional/NBA players. I normally play 4 or 5. I post up, do pick & rolls, rebound and defend. I drive the ball sometimes but mainly from the edge of paint.

Out of the box, when you try on the PS it feels firmer then the V1 or V2.  If you rock back on your heels, they have the same soft plush pillowy feel in the heel like the rest of the Lebron 8s. If you rock forward they have firm responsive Zoom in the forefoot. The transition from the two,works really well because it has a Carbon Fiber Plate in the midfoot that seems to give the shoe a solid base. The Zoom/Air Max setup is way different than the Zoom Solider IV set up. The 8 PS feels noticably better after you play in them for awhile.

This is my first Hyperfuse type of shoe, so it felt kinda weird at first like it wouldnt have support or lockdown.... but it does. The Fuse material combined with the synthetic  material sides( at the 3rd and 7th lacehole) gives the shoes an incredible 1 to1 fit when the laces are tied to the top hole and laced tightly. The shoe is definitely bulit different from the orginial Hyperfuse. The V1 and V2 has more of a bootie type of lockdown while the V3 gains it lockdown from the Fuse material conforming around your foot. A downside is the Hyperfuse material will definitely crease to take the shape of your foot. I think this has led many people to say that they are cheap but in actuality they are no more cheaper than any other Nike Flywire type of shoes.

The shoe is really breathable and that is something I never cared about before but now I kinda like having breathable shoes. Also the 8 PS is obviously the lightest out of all 3 models. Although I think its only 1 ounce lighter than the V2 but I think it feels lighter because its very breathable

Now to the court feel which is important. The 8 PS has WAY better court feel than the V1 and V2.  Although the V2 has good court feel  for an Air Max shoe, the 8 PS has it beat hands down by alot. With the 8 PS you get the same impact cushioning in your heel that you get from the V1 and V2s but you also have the responsivess of Zoom Air in the forefoot. I like having the Zoom/ Air Max setup alot better when I'm playing man to man defense on a guy whos trying to cross me over and such. In the V1 and V2, I always felt like no matter how fast I moved my feet, I was always a step behind because I couldnt totally feel the court. In the V3, I feel like I get the best of both worlds in responsiveness and cushioning. The traction on the 8 PS is good, it seems to have the same type of traction as the other versions.

I like the V3 alot  and its my current go to game shoe. I plan on getting at least 2 more colorways of the shoe. It may already be up on the top of my all-time list and I've played in some of these shoes in recent memory....Kobe I-II, IV-VI....Nike 2K4 Huaraches...The Hyperdunk...Lebron I, II, VI and VII and PS...Zoom Solider IVs....AJ 2, 5-13,16,19( regular and SE),20,and 23...AF25.

[h3]Summary -

Best for: Players who wants more impact protection than the Kobe, KD and Hyper lines provide but also want great court feel

pros: great 1 to 1 fit when laced properly. Good comfort and impact protection. Improves the court feel from the previous versions( the V1 and V2)

cons: I have a suspicion the Carbon Fiber plate may irriate some types of feet. The Fuse creases and flexs funny after serious use.

I think out of all the 3 versions, the 8 PS/V3 is the most mass friendly shoe for playing Basketball in. I think thats the part of the reason why they made this shoe in the first place; to appeal to a broader audience.
[/h3]

Heres my review of the Lebron 8 PS also known as the V3.

Ive played in them for about 8 hours. Some of the time has been in serious leauge games with Ex-college players and professional/NBA players. I normally play 4 or 5. I post up, do pick & rolls, rebound and defend. I drive the ball sometimes but mainly from the edge of paint.

Out of the box, when you try on the PS it feels firmer then the V1 or V2.  If you rock back on your heels, they have the same soft plush pillowy feel in the heel like the rest of the Lebron 8s. If you rock forward they have firm responsive Zoom in the forefoot. The transition from the two,works really well because it has a Carbon Fiber Plate in the midfoot that seems to give the shoe a solid base. The Zoom/Air Max setup is way different than the Zoom Solider IV set up. The 8 PS feels noticably better after you play in them for awhile.

This is my first Hyperfuse type of shoe, so it felt kinda weird at first like it wouldnt have support or lockdown.... but it does. The Fuse material combined with the synthetic  material sides( at the 3rd and 7th lacehole) gives the shoes an incredible 1 to1 fit when the laces are tied to the top hole and laced tightly. The shoe is definitely bulit different from the orginial Hyperfuse. The V1 and V2 has more of a bootie type of lockdown while the V3 gains it lockdown from the Fuse material conforming around your foot. A downside is the Hyperfuse material will definitely crease to take the shape of your foot. I think this has led many people to say that they are cheap but in actuality they are no more cheaper than any other Nike Flywire type of shoes.

The shoe is really breathable and that is something I never cared about before but now I kinda like having breathable shoes. Also the 8 PS is obviously the lightest out of all 3 models. Although I think its only 1 ounce lighter than the V2 but I think it feels lighter because its very breathable

Now to the court feel which is important. The 8 PS has WAY better court feel than the V1 and V2.  Although the V2 has good court feel  for an Air Max shoe, the 8 PS has it beat hands down by alot. With the 8 PS you get the same impact cushioning in your heel that you get from the V1 and V2s but you also have the responsivess of Zoom Air in the forefoot. I like having the Zoom/ Air Max setup alot better when I'm playing man to man defense on a guy whos trying to cross me over and such. In the V1 and V2, I always felt like no matter how fast I moved my feet, I was always a step behind because I couldnt totally feel the court. In the V3, I feel like I get the best of both worlds in responsiveness and cushioning. The traction on the 8 PS is good, it seems to have the same type of traction as the other versions.

I like the V3 alot  and its my current go to game shoe. I plan on getting at least 2 more colorways of the shoe. It may already be up on the top of my all-time list and I've played in some of these shoes in recent memory....Kobe I-II, IV-VI....Nike 2K4 Huaraches...The Hyperdunk...Lebron I, II, VI and VII and PS...Zoom Solider IVs....AJ 2, 5-13,16,19( regular and SE),20,and 23...AF25.

[h3]Summary -

Best for: Players who wants more impact protection than the Kobe, KD and Hyper lines provide but also want great court feel

pros: great 1 to 1 fit when laced properly. Good comfort and impact protection. Improves the court feel from the previous versions( the V1 and V2)

cons: I have a suspicion the Carbon Fiber plate may irriate some types of feet. The Fuse creases and flexs funny after serious use.

I think out of all the 3 versions, the 8 PS/V3 is the most mass friendly shoe for playing Basketball in. I think thats the part of the reason why they made this shoe in the first place; to appeal to a broader audience.
[/h3]

^^ Thanks for the review. I have been waiting on someone to play in them and give their feedback.
Might have to pick up a pair... at the outlet one day lol.

^^ Thanks for the review. I have been waiting on someone to play in them and give their feedback.
Might have to pick up a pair... at the outlet one day lol.

love these shoes but i wouldnt pay retail. i got my kobe vi for 100 so i didnt get these. ill wait for these to go outlet however. seems very durable

love these shoes but i wouldnt pay retail. i got my kobe vi for 100 so i didnt get these. ill wait for these to go outlet however. seems very durable

Here is my take on the PS/V3 my boy had purchased these and we wear the same size and he didnt really like them his first time out.  He figured since I outweigh him by 30 lbs I may have a better time breaking them in for a go before he gives them another try.
Vitals: 5'10", 200lbs (Yes I know, lay off), SZ10 US, I play mostly 3 or 4.  Most guys I play with are between 5'6"-6'3" so for the most part smaller guys.  My game is primarily mid range off of screens.  I can post up and I prefer to shoot rather than drive.  My current rotation consists of AJ XII, ZK V (with very new insoles) and Lebron 7 PS (I don't use these much)

FIT: Pretty decent fit, they ran pretty tight around the arch not uncomfortable just weird.  I had laced these up all the way to make sure I got a nice lockdown fit, and my feet didn't slide whatsoever.  Great fit definitely ran true to size with an overall great fit.  As I kept playing there wasn't any loosening or discomforts as the the night went on.

CUSHIONING: This was definitely the vital part of why I thought these shoes would be highly sought after and there were very pleasant.  From when I first tried them on they seemed a little rigid but as the night continued they definitely started to be more responsive and more forgiving. The most interesting part was the midsole of the forefoot and how squishy it was.  For myself personally it was exactly what my foot needed whereas a smaller more explosive slasher would have some issues of it being too squishy and not responsive enough.  Just my thoughts.

TRACTION:  Good, above par. Nuff said.

OTHER NOTES: As expected the shoe ran awfully high off the ground and that gave way to the stability.  Not a huge issue but noticeable.  Another feature that I thought was going to have a big effect on the shoe was the hyperfuse upper.  It does make it lighter but it doesn't nearly effect the amount of ventilation as I originally anticipated.  One last note about the shoe was its heel to toe transition, being a heavier set dude coming from backpedaling to leaning forward in a defensive stance or other transition type movements I noticed something weird.  It wasn't smooth, it just seemed to have issues getting off the heel.  I think that was due to having too much good technology on the shoe.  The shank plate just made the move to stiff and just rode a little weird IMO.

Overall it is a great performing shoe on the courts.  Its fit and comfort are undeniable.  If I had to pick a shoe that most reminded me of this shoe I would have to say the Zoom Kobe I with a better ankle support and a little weird transition.  Hope this review helps.  Thanks for the read

Here is my take on the PS/V3 my boy had purchased these and we wear the same size and he didnt really like them his first time out.  He figured since I outweigh him by 30 lbs I may have a better time breaking them in for a go before he gives them another try.
Vitals: 5'10", 200lbs (Yes I know, lay off), SZ10 US, I play mostly 3 or 4.  Most guys I play with are between 5'6"-6'3" so for the most part smaller guys.  My game is primarily mid range off of screens.  I can post up and I prefer to shoot rather than drive.  My current rotation consists of AJ XII, ZK V (with very new insoles) and Lebron 7 PS (I don't use these much)

FIT: Pretty decent fit, they ran pretty tight around the arch not uncomfortable just weird.  I had laced these up all the way to make sure I got a nice lockdown fit, and my feet didn't slide whatsoever.  Great fit definitely ran true to size with an overall great fit.  As I kept playing there wasn't any loosening or discomforts as the the night went on.

CUSHIONING: This was definitely the vital part of why I thought these shoes would be highly sought after and there were very pleasant.  From when I first tried them on they seemed a little rigid but as the night continued they definitely started to be more responsive and more forgiving. The most interesting part was the midsole of the forefoot and how squishy it was.  For myself personally it was exactly what my foot needed whereas a smaller more explosive slasher would have some issues of it being too squishy and not responsive enough.  Just my thoughts.

TRACTION:  Good, above par. Nuff said.

OTHER NOTES: As expected the shoe ran awfully high off the ground and that gave way to the stability.  Not a huge issue but noticeable.  Another feature that I thought was going to have a big effect on the shoe was the hyperfuse upper.  It does make it lighter but it doesn't nearly effect the amount of ventilation as I originally anticipated.  One last note about the shoe was its heel to toe transition, being a heavier set dude coming from backpedaling to leaning forward in a defensive stance or other transition type movements I noticed something weird.  It wasn't smooth, it just seemed to have issues getting off the heel.  I think that was due to having too much good technology on the shoe.  The shank plate just made the move to stiff and just rode a little weird IMO.

Overall it is a great performing shoe on the courts.  Its fit and comfort are undeniable.  If I had to pick a shoe that most reminded me of this shoe I would have to say the Zoom Kobe I with a better ankle support and a little weird transition.  Hope this review helps.  Thanks for the read

Back
Top Bottom