LEBRON 8 PERFORMANCE REVIEWS ( V1, V2, PS)

I finally picked up a pair of the V3s based on good reviews from others. So far I've logged 10hrs on the court in these.

Vitals: 6'1", 195, size 10/10.5. I play mostly 2 or 3, but some 4 if some of our bigs don't show up. I shoot with range, drive, post up on occasion and try to take D seriously. I've had knee and back surgery in the past 3 yrs, so cushioning and comfort are incredibly important. Current rotation consists of the Jordan 2011, Lebron 7 PS, Jordan Evo 85, and FP1s.

I typically wear a sz 10 in most Jordan and Nike shoes and a size 10 in these fit perfectly. The shoes snug up nicely with a very comfortable and supportive fit (without feeling restrictive). The nice thing about the hyperfuse upper is the lack of seems to create irritation points. My only complaint with the fit is the tongue is just a little too high for me and rubbed my shins uncomfortably for the first hour I played in them. After that the tongue is fine. Break in was pretty quick. I wore them to the gym for an hour of lifting and then the next day played for 3 hrs in pick up games. Shoes felt great on the court within 15-30 mins. The shoes breath nicely, but it wasn't otherworldly. Composite foam shoes tend to run hot, so having the extra ventilation from the hyperfuse was nice. Traction was very good for me on the fairly well maintained courts I play on.

Cushioning for me is a big deal since I've had my knee and back surgeries. I love a thick forefoot zoom bag for cushioning and a little bouncy feedback and well cushioned heel because hard heel landings are not good for me. I really loved the Lebron 7 PS because of the big forefoot and heel zoom bags. That shoe gave me great cushioning while not limiting court feel or stability. I'm happy to say I really like the setup in the 8 PS. The forefoot zoom is responsive and comfortable while giving good court feel. The heel cushioning is excellent feeling for running and big landings. The only possible downside is the shoe feels a tad too high off the ground in the heel. Side to side stability seems very good and heel to toe transition for me is just fine, so maybe it's not really too high. I think I just have to get used to this new ride.

Overall I think this is a great shoe for guys who like to play the 2-4. The looks aren't the greatest, but these shoes really perform. The question is not whether I'm going to buy another pair (I will), but what color to get. Black/red or blue/black.
smile.gif

UPDATE: One thing I've noticed this week with extended play is that the shoe's high arch might be an issue. I'm a little flat footed and by the end of the week (after playing 2-3hrs a day Mon-Thurs) I noticed my arches are a little sore. I might have to start rotating some of my other shoes back into my rotation to give my feet a little relief. We'll see how this plays out over time.

I finally picked up a pair of the V3s based on good reviews from others. So far I've logged 10hrs on the court in these.

Vitals: 6'1", 195, size 10/10.5. I play mostly 2 or 3, but some 4 if some of our bigs don't show up. I shoot with range, drive, post up on occasion and try to take D seriously. I've had knee and back surgery in the past 3 yrs, so cushioning and comfort are incredibly important. Current rotation consists of the Jordan 2011, Lebron 7 PS, Jordan Evo 85, and FP1s.

I typically wear a sz 10 in most Jordan and Nike shoes and a size 10 in these fit perfectly. The shoes snug up nicely with a very comfortable and supportive fit (without feeling restrictive). The nice thing about the hyperfuse upper is the lack of seems to create irritation points. My only complaint with the fit is the tongue is just a little too high for me and rubbed my shins uncomfortably for the first hour I played in them. After that the tongue is fine. Break in was pretty quick. I wore them to the gym for an hour of lifting and then the next day played for 3 hrs in pick up games. Shoes felt great on the court within 15-30 mins. The shoes breath nicely, but it wasn't otherworldly. Composite foam shoes tend to run hot, so having the extra ventilation from the hyperfuse was nice. Traction was very good for me on the fairly well maintained courts I play on.

Cushioning for me is a big deal since I've had my knee and back surgeries. I love a thick forefoot zoom bag for cushioning and a little bouncy feedback and well cushioned heel because hard heel landings are not good for me. I really loved the Lebron 7 PS because of the big forefoot and heel zoom bags. That shoe gave me great cushioning while not limiting court feel or stability. I'm happy to say I really like the setup in the 8 PS. The forefoot zoom is responsive and comfortable while giving good court feel. The heel cushioning is excellent feeling for running and big landings. The only possible downside is the shoe feels a tad too high off the ground in the heel. Side to side stability seems very good and heel to toe transition for me is just fine, so maybe it's not really too high. I think I just have to get used to this new ride.

Overall I think this is a great shoe for guys who like to play the 2-4. The looks aren't the greatest, but these shoes really perform. The question is not whether I'm going to buy another pair (I will), but what color to get. Black/red or blue/black.
smile.gif

UPDATE: One thing I've noticed this week with extended play is that the shoe's high arch might be an issue. I'm a little flat footed and by the end of the week (after playing 2-3hrs a day Mon-Thurs) I noticed my arches are a little sore. I might have to start rotating some of my other shoes back into my rotation to give my feet a little relief. We'll see how this plays out over time.

not really updated.... but can someone plz recap me on the pros and cons of the v2's?

not really updated.... but can someone plz recap me on the pros and cons of the v2's?

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

http://www.nicekicks.com/...eview-nike-lebron-8-ps/#
Official review from nicekicks

laugh.gif

The Nice kick reviews are total joke.

The Lebron 8 PS gets a 86, The Lebron 8 V2 gets a 86 and the Lebron VII got a 91
roll.gif
 And the 8 PS has the lowest combined score for reponse time with 14 points compared to the V2 got 15 points  and the Lebron VII got 20 points
roll.gif
 What are these dudes
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  The 8 PS has Zoom in forefoot, proven to be max reponsive then Air Max. The 8 PS shouldve got like 95

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

http://www.nicekicks.com/...eview-nike-lebron-8-ps/#
Official review from nicekicks

laugh.gif

The Nice kick reviews are total joke.

The Lebron 8 PS gets a 86, The Lebron 8 V2 gets a 86 and the Lebron VII got a 91
roll.gif
 And the 8 PS has the lowest combined score for reponse time with 14 points compared to the V2 got 15 points  and the Lebron VII got 20 points
roll.gif
 What are these dudes
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  The 8 PS has Zoom in forefoot, proven to be max reponsive then Air Max. The 8 PS shouldve got like 95

^Not a 95, I think atleast a 90. I felt like the 7 was the worst performing lebron shoe up to date even though its the most appealing one.
I agree with your view on nice kicks because they are a freaking joke. They are ignorant if they felt the air max bag gave more responsiveness than the zoom (lighteryears better).
I thought the shoe was responsive and the cushioning should be no less than a 10. But responsiveness should be in the uppertier but never at the top because it is higher off the ground compared to the kobes or fly wades.

^Not a 95, I think atleast a 90. I felt like the 7 was the worst performing lebron shoe up to date even though its the most appealing one.
I agree with your view on nice kicks because they are a freaking joke. They are ignorant if they felt the air max bag gave more responsiveness than the zoom (lighteryears better).
I thought the shoe was responsive and the cushioning should be no less than a 10. But responsiveness should be in the uppertier but never at the top because it is higher off the ground compared to the kobes or fly wades.

^^^^ Ok it shouldve got a 92. Because the cushioning has to be a 10 considering they gave shoes like the Kobe VI and Jordan 2011 10s in those ratings which is a complete joke. And they shouldve gave it a 9 in the responsiveness category because even though they are higher off the ground they dont play like it.

^^^^ Ok it shouldve got a 92. Because the cushioning has to be a 10 considering they gave shoes like the Kobe VI and Jordan 2011 10s in those ratings which is a complete joke. And they shouldve gave it a 9 in the responsiveness category because even though they are higher off the ground they dont play like it.

are there others who feel the carbon plate irritates your feet?... i've been playing in mine for 7 games now, and my arches are throbbing. is there a quick fix?

are there others who feel the carbon plate irritates your feet?... i've been playing in mine for 7 games now, and my arches are throbbing. is there a quick fix?

Yes, my arches ache a bit after long runs. I think the thing to do is try new insoles that have more heel and forefoot padding to take some of the pressure off the arch. I don't know if anyone has tried this yet with any success.

I did hear my local NikeTown has had a few people return the V3s or not even buy the shoes because of the high arch issue.

Yes, my arches ache a bit after long runs. I think the thing to do is try new insoles that have more heel and forefoot padding to take some of the pressure off the arch. I don't know if anyone has tried this yet with any success.

I did hear my local NikeTown has had a few people return the V3s or not even buy the shoes because of the high arch issue.

Honestly, the v3 is among the BEST basketball shoes Ive ever worn.

My past favorites include: Air Unlimited, AJ 14. AJ 20 stealth. AJ 23. Zoom Generation, LB2.

Ankle support - takes a bit to find the right lacing feel, but once found = PERFECT.
Traction - excellent.
Cushioning - excellent.
Court feel - the outsole has rubber removed to allow the forefoot zoom to flex naturally. excellent.
Fit - I have somewhere between medium and flat arches - the carbon plate to me is beyond perfect and allows the foot to transition smoothly.

A+. The ONLY knock I have is it sits a little high off the ground - similar to the AJ 12.

Back
Top Bottom