Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

what does the fairchild plug-in do? if you wanna master your tracks...you should check out the ozone plug-in by izotope. i use that to master all my stuff. i also use the moogerfooger to add bass resonance in my tracks so it'll bump in the car :pimp:
pimp.gif
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do
MYSPACEMUSICbuying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

The fairchild plug ins are compressors/limiters...they are basically a virtual knock off of the Fairchild 660 and 670 compressors from the 1950's, they are vintage and are worth something like $30,000....

And I heard about those izotope plug-ins, I think I was reading the Just Blaze interview from Remix and he said that he uses a lot of those plug ins, I'm gonna have to check them out...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

^ I don't know how to set that up, but my guess would be to go from your turntable to line in 1...and your mpc to line in 2...if that doesn't work keep messing around.... :nerd:
nerd.gif
TeamOaklandRaiders
XI . XV . XVIII​

It seems like yall know a lot about about producing at least more than the cats on nobodysmiling.com, I really want to get into producing. I play drums, kinda know how to play piano, and dj. I like to dj but records are exspensive and I have a @#%$ pair of numark tti60s. I've tried FL studio a while ago but I didn't really like it I'm more of a hands on learner. I might buy a mpc500 but I don't think I would know how to use it. I'm only 16 and thinking about going to college and learning how to be an engineer. any advice for where I should start

MPC500 isn't worth it for the price, they go for about $700...when you could get the 1000 for $300 more and its way better. RhymeSik knows wassup, Reason is way better than FL in my opinion...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

I have a keyboard full of sounds that I can only use as a controller with FL. I've had my keyboard and been using FL since 03...but I cant use none of my keyboard sounds so for the past 2yrs I've wanted an mpc.

So, to all the MPC heads...which would be the better choice:

blue 2000xl (im in love with this model)

or

black 1000
Team Memphis, TN
D Cinn - "Tha Promotion 2:Grind Mode"Out Now!!!
They gonna hate you before they love you​
Debut album "It'z Real Round Here" COMING SOON 4th quarter 2007​

earswideshut.blog.com/ - my new creation and feel free to join - i'll post samples from OG artist and name the taker

Help with problems and give my advice just like this post, but with a lil more freedom ya dig

enjoy

whats a good keyboard for basslines?

and what exactly do i set it to , to turn the sample into a bassline by taking out all the highs on an mpc 1000?
REVOLUTION.....WHEN?

well since there is no direct connection to the computer (example- usb or firewire) ur gunna have to get an interface such as an mbox or suttin similar to record the beat from the 2000xl to the computer....however i believe it does have a zip drive but idk if you can save your beat to that then transfer it to the computer.

but yea the 1000 system like i said before can easily be updated for free so it can "become a 2000xl" however the pads on it still dont give me that real mpc feel....

since you havent owned one tho id just go with the 1000 and look online for the os upgrade..it probably be your best bet since everything is becoming(it pretty much all is for the most part) digital

COOGI
TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Hope you aint afraid of the dark.

^^^^^Dudes still using mpc 1000 without the JJ OS? :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif

without the update, its not even the same machine. get the free 3.06 but theres been at least 5 updates since then, the first one is free . but this cant be what youre talking about because i thought everyone had that...

i just copped an asr 10, it will give me something to learn, even though its old, any tips from users/owners? Im good as long as i have the scsi drive right? :nerd:
nerd.gif
i heard timestrecthing is a @#%$, so do kanye and the rest of those producers know something we dont?

did i make a mistake?

well the old skool way to do it is to pitch up/down the sample...dats how west and pete do it sometime. you can just flip the sample in the mpc the new ones have timetrech and patch phrase which can help you out alot.

me i dont want nothing old which is gonna hender my work process dramatically.

right now i aint even making my own beats im trying to copycat the guys in the game. i see as of right now if you can copy the best of the best with the stuff you got and its 80-100% on point. u might be able to do big thangs and swing with the homeboys.

random...im comin 4 u just blaze!!!
Add Me
& Get Bizzie With Me NOW!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/djbizzieb

First off great post and props to all of you dropping knowledge :pimp:
pimp.gif

I've read all the pages but didn't see an answer to my ?.

Is there anyway to expand the internal memory on my 2kxl?
It seems like after I load my drums and kits and what not, I have
zero room left for my sample, or vice versa. I have a 2gig
flash which is plenty of room for my kits but I just need more
sounds in my machine at once. Hope I explained clearly
any help would be appreciated.

Also I've gotten quite a few tips from mpc-forums.com the
only thing is them dudes speak in very technical jargon. I'd rather
have help from an nter tho.

you are using a blue 2000xl.

frorm what i kno you cant upgrade it. 16mb should be enuff for you unless your loading all your kits and programs which are close to the limit or your a sampling a huge piece into the machine and only using a certain amount of it.

mayb you should only load one kit at a time relative to the sample. or chop up your sample on the computer to reduce tha amount which needs to go into the machine.

thats how i do it. chop it up in pc then move it to mpc, and preview your drums before loading them

Add Me
& Get Bizzie With Me NOW!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/djbizzieb

Quote:
I might buy a mpc500 but I don't think I would know how to use it. I'm only 16 and thinking about going to college and learning how to be an engineer. any advice for where I should start
off with at least the 1000, but if you can play keys i would go with a motif if you want hardware or logic pro if you wanna use software.

Quote:
So, to all the MPC heads...which would be the better choice:

blue 2000xl (im in love with this model)

or

black 1000

i'm biased towards the 2kxl-MCD since i own one. i was never a fan of the 1000, but its all preference.

Quote:
People say the 1000 is just like the 2000xl and now the 2000xl is just $100 more than the 1000...what other equip do I need to track out with???

midi and audio cables into your midi interface. i track my beats into pro tools and do the mixdown there because using the mixer in the mp can be a pain in the @#%$ sometimes

Quote:
whats a good keyboard for basslines?

and what exactly do i set it to , to turn the sample into a bassline by taking out all the highs on an mpc 1000?

i use a microkorg. for your second question, set your mpc to 16 level filters or filter the his/mids yourself

Quote:
i heard timestrecthing is a , so do kanye and the rest of those producers know something we dont?

timestretching isnt a @#%$, but its hard to find hardware that has good algorithms (sp?). thats the thing i hate most about pro tools. their timestreching is probably one of the worst i've ever come across. like said above, its easier to pitch it. if your ears are good enough, you'll hear that timestretching leaves artifacts in the mix sometimes.

Quote:
s there anyway to expand the internal memory on my 2kxl?
It seems like after I load my drums and kits and what not, I have
zero room left for my sample, or vice versa. I have a 2gig
flash which is plenty of room for my kits but I just need more
sounds in my machine at once. Hope I explained clearly
any help would be appreciated.
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do
MYSPACEMUSICbuying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

go to google and type in mpc comparison chart to see the differences in each one...personally i'd do the blue xl over 1000

Premo still uses his MPC60 from waaaaaaay back and his @#%$ is :pimp:
pimp.gif
so dont get too hooked on the thought, that the machine = the beat..

Quote:
you can max it out to 32 megs of RAM. thats the first thing you should do when you buy a 2kxl. you go from 10 secs of sample time to about 3 mins i believe. now imagine how many more sounds you can load

:smh:
smh.gif

look on ebay for the 32 meg expandle ram chips. its easy to install it yourself. did you hit the purge button when you tried to load sounds? because thats what will erase your disk
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC
buying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

Back
Top Bottom