Lock

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Oooooooh, that's solid for Cincy.

As is the case with mst teams in the league, I think the Reds' main problem was pitching, so this definitely helps fill a hole (as opposed to just signing a guy because he's good and available).

Solid pick up.

laugh.gif
i know, every team always needs pitching, but we desperatelyneeded a solid closer. this is huge being that it's an addition to our club and a loss to the Brewers.

I didn't even think about the inter-division aspect of Cordero going fromm the Brewers to the Reds. Yeah, that's always awesome.

Hopefully we can do the same, and maybe pick up... maybe... Ichiro... or... Haren... or... *thinks of a valuable Ranger*... or Ichiro.

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

"I wanted to play with these guys. For me, they were one of the teams I was looking at, but I didn't know if they were looking at me.
"We shocked the world. Now I'm an Angel. I'm going to hopefully finish my career as a Halo, and hopefully get about three [World Series] rings out of this thing."
"It's been pretty good to me over the years," Hunter said of Angel Stadium. "It's the energy, playing outside, on that good grass [as opposed to Minnesota's artificial turf]. Fans show up. It's loud, electrifying. If you can't get pumped up to play in Anaheim, you need to get your mind evaluated.

"I've been stomping up and down with my family. Little Torii Jr., [one of his three children], is ready with his Angel gear.

"These guys really showed me they're trying to win. Anaheim, you know, they're going to try to win every year. I've always admired the way they play."

pimp.gif
sounds like he'll be inspired to play next year

inspired? after a contract year? keep dreaming

If there's one man I'm willing to bet is the bust of this FA class, it's Francisco Cordero...Coco can be great, but the dude's mind is all overthe place.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If there's one man I'm willing to bet is the bust of this FA class, it's Francisco Cordero...Coco can be great, but the dude's mind is all over the place.
is he the same dude that threw a chair into the stands back when he was with the Rangers? but to be a great closer, you gotta be somewhat outta yourmind.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

is he the same dude that threw a chair into the stands back when he was with the Rangers? but to be a great closer, you gotta be somewhat outta your mind.
Nah, that was Frankie Francisco...When Coco was in Arlington, he was known for being lights out in the 9th for a stretch, then out of nowhere going ona 2-3 week binge where he can't get anyone out. He had a big year last year, but I just don't know if I'm convinced he can sustain that level foran extended period of time. Seems like the type dude that'll get his money and become content. Maybe he's changed since his days in Arlington, though.

laugh.gif
i remember when Francisco did that. It was against the A's, right?
Yea cordero is consistent for most of the season but always has those handful of games when he cant do anything right. he had one this past season, too if imnot mistaken.

Seems like the type dude that'll get his money and become content.
i pray that he don't end up like the last pitcher we gave alot of money to...

*cough*...Eric Milton...*cough*

it does kinda make me feel good that we'd actually make someone the "highest paid ______."

Hopefully we can do the same, and maybe pick up... maybe... Ichiro... or... Haren

If Beane gives up Haren to the Angels....i swear to god....i dont even know
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I didn't even think about the inter-division aspect of Cordero going fromm the Brewers to the Reds. Yeah, that's always awesome.

Hopefully we can do the same, and maybe pick up... maybe... Ichiro... or... Haren... or... *thinks of a valuable Ranger*... or Ichiro.

we took GMJR from them last year
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

True story.

I like him, too.

Overpaid, definitely, but at least he's productive.

*thinks of a valuable Ranger*
laugh.gif
... Well... Umm...
nerd.gif
You guys just traded Cabrera, maybe Michael Young could fill the void? You can have him for abag of rocks.

Least we've finally got some serious talent on the farm...
ohwell.gif

^u dont like Young, either?
eek.gif

dude is a career .300 batter and his bad year last year was still a .315 avg
laugh.gif

we'll gladly give u a bag of rocks for him
laugh.gif

just curious, who do u like on the team?

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

^u dont like Young, either?
eek.gif

dude is a career .300 batter and his bad year last year was still a .315 avg
laugh.gif

we'll gladly give u a bag of rocks for him
laugh.gif

just curious, who do u like on the team?
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Michael Young fan, but he's getting older, he's sub-par defensively and he's making 17+ mila year...The Rangers aren't going to be in a position to compete again for another 2-3 years, so why hang on to guys like Young that will be on a fairlysteady decline when the team should be on the way up? He's a great player, and he's the face of the franchise, but the Rangers have some talent in themiddle infield coming up, and the value for Michael probably won't be higher than it is now. If he gets off to a big start in 2008, I wouldn't besurprised at all to see him moved at the deadline...

And for the record, I can't stand anyone on this team right now other than Young, Hank Blalock, Brandon McCarthy, Edinson Volquez, CJ Wilson, JoaquinBenoit, Saltalamacchia and Ian Kinsler. The whole OF sucks, we've only got 3-4 competent pitchers, and none of the young talent is really ready for thebigs. Two years from now, alot of those young guys will be ready for the bigs, and I'll be alot more fond of them than the bunch of bums we've gotright now.

I hope the Mets forget about going after Santana...MINNY would probably want the whole farm, and then you would have to sign him to a huge contract of$20M/per.

I would get the most cost efficient alternative in Haren (A's)......I know their GM has always been interested in Milledge, and I'm sure they wouldaccept a package of Milledge + Heilman + any other pitching prospect we have (ie. Pelfrey, Humber, etc).

Plus, I know Haren's contract is around 3 yrs/16.5 mil.

Again, thats just my opinion as to what I would do if I were the Mets GM.

Welcome back Marum Please help send Johan to the Cubs for as little as possible like the Wolves did with KG. Thanks.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
Yankees and Twins talking about Santana trade
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer
November 26, 2007
NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Yankees and Minnesota Twins have started trade talks involving Johan Santana.

Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said Monday that discussions are ongoing but it was too early to tell whether they would lead to a deal. Hedid not detail how far talks had progressed.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b
[/td] [/tr][/table]"I don't want to get into that at this point, as far as what they want, what we're willing to give and all that," he said."It's preliminary right now."
Santana is eligible for free agency after the 2008 season, and the Twins have been trying to sign the two-time AL Cy Young Award winner to an extension.

Asked whether the Twins had said they would consider a trade, Steinbrenner responded: "Oh, yeah."

The New York Mets, Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers also are thought to be interested in Santana, who is farbetter than any of the starting pitchers available on the free-agent market.

Santana's agent, Peter Greenberg, has not spoken publicly about his talks with the Twins, who last week lost free-agent center fielder Torii Hunter to the Los Angeles Angels.

Santana, a left-hander who turns 29 in March, has a 93-44 record with a 3.22 ERA in eight major league seasons and is owed $13.25 million next year.Minnesota would want top prospects in any deal and while Steinbrenner previously said he wouldn't trade some of the Yankees' top young pitchers forthird baseman Miguel Cabrera, he didn't rule out a deal for apitcher.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said he has received repeated inquiries from teams about Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy.

Santana has a no-trade provision in his contract, and a team acquiring him likely would want to discuss an extension. That means if the teams agreed to atrade, there probably would be a 72-hour window to work out a new contract.

After reaching agreements to re-sign Alex Rodriguez, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Jose Molina -- deals that are awaiting completion -- Steinbrenner said theYankees have turned their attention to relievers. Cashman has said the team hopes to keep Luis Vizcaino.

"Obviously, I think the big thing for us now is shoring up the bullpen all that we can," Steinbrenner said. "Brian is looking into severaldifferent things."

Steinbrenner said Rodriguez likely will take a physical this week.

Updated on Monday, Nov 26, 2007 8:06 pm, EST

Email to a Friend | View Popular

Back
Top Bottom