Lock

If I told you that Mike Hampton was hurt again, would you believe me?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories/2007/11/26/braves_1127.html

It's a familiar refrain, this time from south of the border: Mike Hampton is hurt again.

The Braves left-hander injured his right hamstring in the first inning of his first start in the Mexican Winter League last week. He left after one inning, and it's uncertain if he'll pitch again this winter....

Wren said Hampton called him Friday and told him the bad news, and the GM was informed by trainers that the muscle had "bled out," usually a sign of something more than a mild strain.

First inning of his first start...
laugh.gif

I never expected him to pitch in Atlanta again. I say we need to go into Spring Training with at least 7 healthy pitchers, not including Hampton. At thispoint, I'm all for taking him back behind the wood shed...

Damn Hampton hurt again i never expected him to be fully healthy Braves took a huge L on him. I still think the Braves should get Dan Haren by trading one ofour prospects.

2008 rotation

1 John Smoltz
2 Tim Hudson
3 Tom Glavine
4 Chuck James Mike Hampton
smh.gif

5 Buddy Carlyle/Jo Jo Reyes/Jair Jurrjens/Jeff Bennett

I never expected him to pitch in Atlanta again. I say we need to go into Spring Training with at least 7 healthy pitchers, not including Hampton. At this point, I'm all for taking him back behind the wood shed...

dlo on point. Hampton was a problem for the braves organization..
In a way, I'm glad he's out because now they can focus elsewhere and
they know that he's no longer an option.

Another note, I think JoJo is garbage... when he pitched last season i saw nothing positive from him.
Not even seeing Jurjens playing he already seems like a possibility over Reyes..

^ my bad i meant some of our prospects

What about a Brent Lillibridge, Joey Devine, and someone else don't know who?

I know the Braves aren't going to give up Jordan Schafer he is the best prospect we have right now.

I also don't like Jo Jo Reyes i think Jeff Bennett could be really good he pitched the last game of the season he has a 95 mph fastball, smoltz likeslider, and a curveball he could be our 5th starter he has been pitching in a league too and is 3-1 with a 1.25 ERA.

[h2]Twins close to landing Delmon Younghttp://www.startribune.com/blogs/neal/?p=276[/h2]Wednesday, November 28th, 2007
The Twins and Tampa Bay Rays are close to finalizing a multi-player deal, according to several sources with knowledge of the discussions. The deal could be announced as soon as today.

The main pieces changing teams would be outfielder Delmon Young and righthander Matt Garza. But indications were strong on Wednesday that as many as six players could be involved.

In addition to Garza, the Twins would send Tampa Bay shortstop Jason Bartlett and reliever Juan Rincon for Young, shortstop Brendan Harris and outfielder Jason Pridie. Pridie was with the Twins during spring training of 2006 as a Rule 5 pick.

Young, 22, hit .288 last season with 13 homers and 93 RBI and is considered one of the better young hitters in the game. Harris, 27, hit .286 with 12 homers and 59 RBI.

Damn.

The Twins let go of Torii already, and they're talking with teams about dealing Santana, and now Delmon Young?

Would be a great trade for the D-rays, i know Delmon has a lot of potential and people are expecting big things from him, but they have great OF depth anddesperately need some more pitching. Would also benefit the Twins.

The Twins aren't really in any kind of position to be giving away pitching, but Young is a stud and Harris is a huge improvement over Bartlett.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
Moreno frustrated over Cabrera talks

Owner says Marlins trying to play Angels vs. Dodgers

By Lyle Spencer / MLB.com
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
ANAHEIM -- Club owner Arte Moreno made it crystal clear on Wednesday where the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim stand with regard to Florida Marlins third baseman Miguel Cabrera, the biggest fish in the Major League marketplace.
"I've felt we had a deal with them twice," Moreno said of the Marlins, who apparently cut bait and decided they needed more in exchange for the 24-year-old slugger.

The door remains open to a Cabrera deal materializing with the Winter Meetings opening on Monday in Nashville, Tenn., but Moreno seemed frustrated with the negotiations with Florida.

"It's going to be hard to give up that talent," he said. "They're doing it to everybody. I read that the Dodgers' [general manager] Ned Colletti had a deal, and they changed [players] on him.

"They've maneuvered us against each other. They've got a 24-year-old power hitter who plays third base, and you've got about six teams that need a third baseman.

"They're asking for four Major League players -- three Major League players and a pitcher, or two pitchers and two players. He is arbitration-eligible this year -- $12 million-plus -- and then you've got to re-sign him."

Moreno said he leaves the negotiations to new general manager Tony Reagins and his staff, adding that they come to him when "it's time to talk about money."

Among the names frequently linked to the Marlins in the talks are the three young gems of the organization -- second baseman Howard Kendrick, shortstop/third baseman Brandon Wood and pitcher Nick Adenhart.

Others who have surfaced in the dialogues include starters Joe Saunders and Ervin Santana, catcher Jeff Mathis, outfielder Reggie Willits and infielder Maicer Izturis.

The Angels already have exceeded their projected budget -- projected at about $125 million -- the owner said. But he'd consider signing off on more home improvements if he felt they'd enhance the club not only for 2008 but for years beyond.

"If you're looking at straight budget, we're over budget," Moreno said. "Yeah, I would [lose money] if I need to. It would be short-term.

"We did that in '04. We were losing $20 million and people thought I was the stupidest guy on Earth when I signed all those guys [Bartolo Colon, Orlando Cabrera, extending Vladimir Guerrero]. You have to believe long-term it's going to be a good investment. We felt we needed to step to the next level."

"The next question is, `Does the right player fall into place?' Obviously, the big question is [Miguel] Cabrera."

For Moreno, it appears to be 2004 revisited with the stunning signing of center fielder Torii Hunter on Thanksgiving eve to a five-year, $90 million free-agent contract.

This was largely the result of recent frustrations, Moreno said, in trying to acquire high-profile talent over the winter.

"We got so fond of one player, and then the market moved away from us," he said, referring to the Angels' pursuit last winter of free agent Alfonso Soriano, who signed with the Chicago Cubs. "I don't want to do something that sets us back. We made an unbelievable move with Torii Hunter and didn't give away any of our kids."

Moreno also feels the acquisition of starting pitcher Jon Garland, 28, from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for shortstop Orlando Cabrera, 33, will prove to be a positive move.

"You never have too much pitching -- and we're young," Moreno said, adding that he's enthused with the prospect of Erick Aybar, Izturis and possibly Wood taking over at shortstop for Cabrera, a Rawlings Gold Glove winner.

"Our baseball people feel Aybar is ready -- Aybar slash Izturis," Moreno said. "Brandon Wood, we keep trying to move him to third, and our scouts tell us he's a Major League shortstop."

Who's on third? Chone Figgins ... or Miguel Cabrera. That's the one that remains unresolved.

If they cant get Cabrera im in favor of the Halos going after Santana

Some pics......

capt.4ea30f00d773473eb3e7031e1d9b5b3e.angels_hunter_garland_baseball_carf103.jpg

capt.b4a9aa1c72184f06a50469b7f18b828c.angels_hunter_garland_baseball_carf101.jpg

capt.abbbdfd1e38d47369b9cdea7900b6e13.angels_hunter_garland_baseball_carf104.jpg

Johan gone by next week
frown.gif

Joe Nathan could be out soon, but we'd get a bat. I know Neshak could handle the closer position.

I will be at opening day to cheer Torii
embarassed.gif

Supposedly Nathans going to either the Cubs or Brewers. Johan to the Yankees for a Kennedy Melky Tabata Horne package but itll depend on what they get forNathan first.

I'm tired of all my favorite teams trading the best players on them away...

Moss, Daunte, KG...

Now possibly Johan, Nathan, Torii (already gone)...

If it wasn't for Young's behavioral issues, please believe the Rays would be asking for a lot more than Matt Garza and Jason Bartlett

The Twins let go of Torii already, and they're talking with teams about dealing Santana, and now Delmon Young?
They didn't let go of Torii, he walked. They are trying to deal Santana, because they don't want to be left empty handed.

Teams need to move fast and getting Delmon Young was a great move. He will be one of the top hitters in the league soon. The Twins definitely filled the bighole that was left by Hunter. This is the reason why the Twins are a succesful franchise, despite a cheap owner.

I don't see how the Angels could get Cabrera AND Santana. They have a good farm system, but it isn't that good. You are talking about giving up ATLEAST 8 elite prospects or major league ready players. That is a lot of players, and clearly mortgaging the future for the present.

It looks like the Halos are going to get Cabrera, at a heavy cost, Santana could go to any of the teams still in the running (NY teams, Red Sox, Dodgers).

^ Who would you choose?

Who would you make a Dodger if you could make it happen: Miggy or Johan?

My money's on Johan, 100 out of 100 times you ask me, but I've always had a bias towards good pitching. To me, having an elite pitcher in baseball islike having an elite center in the NBA. You do NOT pass that up.

WFAN reported earlier today that the Mets reportedly offered Oakland:

Carlos Gomez, Deolis Guerra and Kevin Mulvey Mulvey for Haren and Kiko Calero.

www.metsprospectus.blogspot.com

Theres the link that is reporting it.

I like Gomez and Guerra a lot, but I'd do this trade if Oakland even considered it. Calero is a very good setup guy who had an off year last season,this trade would fill two key holes on the team.

^same here. a HOF pitcher over a HOF hitter any time of the day for me.
but really, its not like anyone will complain because they got "stuck" with cabrera
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom