mcgrady and rockets to part ways

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Deng IS better than Ariza, but is he worth the money he's going to get paid for compared to Ariza?

Nope.
If the mission is to get rid of Tmac, and get good players then this is the best trade that with in reason could be offered.

Mike. Reading is fundamental.

Hinrich, and Deng starting, Brooks and Ariza gunning off the bench.
Hinrich would be better closing games in a lot of instances.
If you want to include TT in the trade then hes better than any option the Rockets have at PF, plus hes expiring. So at the end of the season you renounce hisBird rights and you take the cap space.

Im not saying I would favor any incarnation of Deng + whoever going to houston more than the next. Im saying take a pick.

Deng isnt worth the extra 6 million. True, but you really want to take your chances in FA?

Didnt think so. Your team is flawed. Too many bigs who do the same thing/ nothing. Too many 3's who need shots, and a running team that struggles in thehalf court.
You will have an opp to access Yao and determine if you want to keep him, stay competitive, and do your thing.

There is a reason they want some value for Tmac.

You have 39m on the books for next season.

The cap at most is going to be 55m. But for a team in limbo who's going to come play with Yao?

Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Marcus Camby
Tracy McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Brad Miller
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Miller
Rip Hamilton
Carlos Boozer
Memo Okur

Those are the guys who will be Fa's no matter what (unless they resign)

Say you go out and get Joe Johnson at 16...

Then your looking at a real good team, not a title contender and you will be cap strapped. If you keep Yao.
For 2011

You cant get Boozer, and Johnson, you wont get Lebron, or Wade,

And if a team isnt willing to make a deal your stuck.

Thats why I say take Deng and Miller.
If you take Deng. you have 18m on the books for 2011 the year you are actually waiting for.
Resign Yao, you are at 36-39. Cap stays around 55 and you fill the pieces from there.

Maybe sign a guy you think will fit into 2011-2012 in 2010

Chris Paul is a Fa in 2011. You think he wouldnt come play with Deng, Ariza and a roster that could be filled?

You guys have got a lot of options. you have to decide when you want to make your move though.

Your Gm is smart cause he knows that a stud really isnt going to take the chance and come play with YAO, to end up getting the Tmac treatment.

You get a player who is real good, can play with YAO, and keep some cap space for 2011 then you can take your pick for 2011.

The bottom line is your going to resign YAO, unless he is done beyond belief. You might as well get value some type value for Tmac, or take the 2011expiring's that NYK are offering......

Those FAs you listed up there, some of them are 2010 FAs, and some are 2011/2012s? i believe...

And if what you said is true, why not take on Jefferies then? he fits in perfectly. a guy who plays defense, and plays multiple positions.

Hinrich would be nice, but they're set with Brooks and Lowry, and im pretty sure they're not going to change it.

They're best off buying him out. The rockets are set at every position, and the only thing they can do is trade either for more expirings and draft picks,or just sit tight.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Those FAs you listed up there, some of them are 2010 FAs, and some are 2011/2012s? i believe...

And if what you said is true, why not take on Jefferies then? he fits in perfectly. a guy who plays defense, and plays multiple positions.

Hinrich would be nice, but they're set with Brooks and Lowry, and im pretty sure they're not going to change it.

They're best off buying him out. The rockets are set at every position, and the only thing they can do is trade either for more expirings and draft picks, or just sit tight.

All those guys are 2010 guys. I didnt even list lebron and Wade and the guys who can opt out.

Im trying to make my Bulls better, and their best bet is 2010, Houston's best bet is 2011

I say wait a month and try and get Bosh and someone else for Tmac.

Bosh, opts out and you lose little/ nothing interms of 2010. Bosh plays out the end of the contract, like i think he would in Houston, and 2011 is not screwed.

But you would have to play Tmac.

While Hinrich and Deng aren't bad players at all, last time I checked, the Rockets were doing well with Brooks and Ariza starting. The Bulls on the otherhand... Don't the Bulls want to get rid of Salmons now? At least Adelman coached him before in Sac.

Oh, thanks for not including Chris Bosh on that list. Haha. Although he is from rival Dallas...

this thread is gettin wild with these ridiculous proposals
roll.gif

What Brooks lacks, Lowry Has.. Body, Aggression to the rack, Defense, Court Vision.. And what Lowry lacks Brooks has.. They are so complimentary to each otherso I don't see the Heinrich thing ever working, b/c Lowry is not going to be pushed further down the depth chart.. He is that important to the Rockets..

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

While Hinrich and Deng aren't bad players at all, last time I checked, the Rockets were doing well with Brooks and Ariza starting. The Bulls on the other hand... Don't the Bulls want to get rid of Salmons now? At least Adelman coached him before in Sac.

Oh, thanks for not including Chris Bosh on that list. Haha. Although he is from rival Dallas...
Miller (EC), Jerome James (EC), and John Salmons (2011 EC) for T-mac would work according to the trade machine. Rockets could probably buy outMiller and James if they wanted and work John in or buy him out next season.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

roll.gif

So you guys think that the Rockets wouldnt get better with Hinrich, and Deng being in place post 2011
with cap room coming in that year?

even with Deng and Hinrich,

the rockets would have 26m commited to 2011...

You dont have to resign Brooks, in 2011, you stay good in 2010, and you keep your cap space for 2011

NT really doesnt think does it.

I know it seems crazy to trade for 2 contracts post 2010, but 2011 is the better overall year....

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Marcus Camby
Tracy McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Brad Miller
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Miller
Rip Hamilton
Carlos Boozer
Memo Okur
Those are the guys who will be Fa's no matter what (unless they resign)

Rip shouldn't be on that list. His contract goes through 2012/13.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

While Hinrich and Deng aren't bad players at all, last time I checked, the Rockets were doing well with Brooks and Ariza starting. The Bulls on the other hand... Don't the Bulls want to get rid of Salmons now? At least Adelman coached him before in Sac.

Miller (EC), Jerome James (EC), and John Salmons (2011 EC) for T-mac would work according to the trade machine. Rockets could probably buy out Miller and James if they wanted and work John in or buy him out next season.
Salmons has a player option after this year and the way he's playing, I think he will take it and become a FA in 2011. Miller could help theRockets at center, but he might struggle on the run and gun offense. Salmons, like Hinrich and Deng isn't a bad player, but come on, the Rockets won'teven play T-Mac because of chemistry problems... Looking more like the Rockets will keep T-Mac's 23 Mil...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by BangDak

You make even worse trades then me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

didn't come up with that trade tho clown
Be Honest though

Is it a bad trade?

Is it a bad idea to take on Hinrich and Deng, with the intention to play for a 2011 FA or a couple guys?

With so many teams playing for 2010 it makes more sense to look at your books and get guys who are there post 2010. esp looking at 2011 Fa's and the factthat Deng, and Hinrich make the team better post 2010, and you dont have to resign YAO...

roll.gif

So you guys think that the Rockets wouldnt get better with Hinrich, and Deng being in place post 2011

You dont have to resign Brooks, in 2011, you stay good in 2010, and you keep your cap space for 2011

I know it seems crazy to trade for 2 contracts post 2010, but 2011 is the better overall year....
"Fake Trade 8A: Houston trades Aaron Brooks(expires in 2011) with T-Mac, Scola and Brian Cook (all expire in2010) for Chris Paul and the Peja-Songaila-Posey cap-killing trio.Considering Houston's deep pockets, it would have to do it -- how else could the Rockets acquire a top-10 player? And New Orleans would fall under the tax (saving them about $16-17 million this year, plus another $25-30million next year) and replace a decent chunk of Paul's production with a Brooks/Darren Collison combo."

Chris Paul for sure can improve the Rockets though...

Miller (EC), Jerome James (EC), and John Salmons (2011 EC) for T-mac would work according to the trade machine. Rockets could probably buy out Miller and James if they wanted and work John in or buy him out next season.
Salmons has a player option after this year and the way he's playing, I think he will take it and become a FA in 2011. Miller could help the Rockets at center, but he might struggle on the run and gun offense. Salmons, like Hinrich and Deng isn't a bad player, but come on, the Rockets won't even play T-Mac because of chemistry problems... Looking more like the Rockets will keep T-Mac's 23 Mil...

And it makes no sense.

You are thinking for this year. What are you going to do this year? finish a distant 4th?

Your better option would be to trade Tmac get good players, and not resign YAO.

Stephen Jackson
Rip Hamilton
Memo Okur

I dont know why you dont believe me
laugh.gif

Those guys arent 2010 free agents man. go to espn trade machine or something.

NO would be a damn fool to trade CP3. a FOOL.

and yes, those trades you made dont make sense. The rockets are fine the way they are. theres no need to mess up that chemistry.

roll.gif

"Fake Trade 8A: Houston trades Aaron Brooks (expires in 2011) with T-Mac, Scola and Brian Cook (all expire in 2010) for Chris Paul and the Peja-Songaila-Posey cap-killing trio. Considering Houston's deep pockets, it would have to do it -- how else could the Rockets acquire a top-10 player? And New Orleans would fall under the tax (saving them about $16-17 million this year, plus another $25-30 million next year) and replace a decent chunk of Paul's production with a Brooks/Darren Collison combo."

Chris Paul for sure can improve the Rockets though...

I didnt remember he signed that 4 year bs.....

What difference does it make if Okur is a FA?

Any way Utah is ahead of Houston in seeing that 2011 is a potiental coup..........

Rip did re up ... Smart for him but does it make a difference if hes a fa?

and yes, those trades you made dont make sense. The rockets are fine the way they are. theres no need to mess up that chemistry

Fine keep being a overachieving team tied to an always hurt C, and a bunch of guys who would be great if the C could stay healthy.

Go ahead, sign a 2010 Fa, and resign Yao

Watch as he hits 30 what happens. whoever signs there is going to get the Tmac treatment.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

What Brooks lacks, Lowry Has.. Body, Aggression to the rack, Defense, Court Vision.. And what Lowry lacks Brooks has.. They are so complimentary to each other so I don't see the Heinrich thing ever working, b/c Lowry is not going to be pushed further down the depth chart.. He is that important to the Rockets..
this.

obviously, dudes are making trade proposals because it would put the bulls in better financial position
laugh.gif
. fact of the matter is, the rockets are in great shape whether they trade tmacor not.

also deng is solid, dont get me wrong, however, the return on investment isnt that much greater than what the rockets are getting from in ariza.

the rockets have the supporting cast, it's time to get that ELITE start to put them over the top. deng and heinrich are not the players.

Salmons has a player option after this year and the way he's playing, I think he will take it and become a FA in 2011. Miller could help the Rockets at center, but he might struggle on the run and gun offense. Salmons, like Hinrich and Deng isn't a bad player, but come on, the Rockets won't even play T-Mac because of chemistry problems... Looking more like the Rockets will keep T-Mac's 23 Mil...

And it makes no sense.

You are thinking for this year. What are you going to do this year? finish a distant 4th?

Ok, be real now. The Rockets trade T-Mac for Hinrich and Deng. Do they put them over the top in the West? Nope. So their contract ends in 2011 andthe Rockets have tons of money to go after a FA or two. Anyone in 2011 that special? Chris Paul wants to go play by himself again?

Now lets talk Bulls. You make it sound like no one wants to go to Houston in 2010, so Wade and LeBron are just waiting to sign with the Bulls? This team has alameduck coach right now too.

Lets see, which sounds more enticing. An overachieving team with a bunch of hardworkers and the possibility of a healthy Yao. Or an underachieving team with abunch of capable hardworkers that aren't listening to the coach anymore. The Bulls do have Rose though.

Alot of these trades makes absolutely no sense

1) Battier is a better and cheaper version of Jeffries so scratch that
2) The Rockets already has an undersized pg, who can score in bunches so again scratch that
3) If you look at their needs, a reliable second scorer comes too mind either someone like boozer than can both score in the paint and has a reliable outsidejumper or a shooting guard like micheal redd, or a defense minded backup center like a camby or chris "birdman" anderson
4) most likely this trade is going to have to be a three or four team trade since no team completely fills their needs while matching T-macs contract
5) Either way if a trade was too happen I see Utah as the best option seeing that they have the knicks 1 rounder and boozer
6) There's also Philly with Brand but he's been too injury prone

Also T-Macs contract is insured for the rest of the season, so any games that he misses (IDK if this has to be due to injury ) Houston gets the money for it,so it makes little sense at all for Houston to buy out his contract with that being the case

I wanted Hinrich 2 years ago but with Lowry there isn't really a need for him.

This is becoming Brooks' team now so if he is in any deal with McGrady, they sure as hell better get a upgrade at the PG.

Almost every move Morey has made since he's been on the job as upgraded the team and taking on expirings for expirings just to rid themselves of TMacdoesn't upgrade the team.

Ok so I play with the Bulls on 2k10 and I made the T-Mac trade

My starting line up :

Derrek Rose
John Salmons
Tracy McGrady
Tyrus Thomas
Joakim Noah
*6th man Arron Brooks

Rockets Starting line up

Kirk Hinrich
Trevor Ariza
Loul Deng
Luis Scola
David Anderson (who? Lol)

My point of this post is that it looks like the Bulls would have the better team while the Rockets suffer with a bunch of role players...

A contract is only insured if a doctor deems the player to be unplayable for the rest of the season.

And Utah's Pick? please...they're in financial troubles, but they're not giving that top lottery pick for just an expiring.
well, maybe they would. who the hell knows. They gave Maynor away for a bunch of cookies.

But you're right on the Rockets needs. They need a defensive guard who can score in bunches, and maybe another center.

Some of these trades are straight ridiculous. If some of you guys don't know, the rockets have one of the best, if not best GM in the league. Daryl Moreywill work his magic.

And it makes no sense.

Ok, be real now. The Rockets trade T-Mac for Hinrich and Deng. Do they put them over the top in the West? Nope. So their contract ends in 2011 and the Rockets have tons of money to go after a FA or two. Anyone in 2011 that special? Chris Paul wants to go play by himself again?

Now lets talk Bulls. You make it sound like no one wants to go to Houston in 2010, so Wade and LeBron are just waiting to sign with the Bulls? This team has a lameduck coach right now too.

Lets see, which sounds more enticing. An overachieving team with a bunch of hardworkers and the possibility of a healthy Yao. Or an underachieving team with a bunch of capable hardworkers that aren't listening to the coach anymore. The Bulls do have Rose though.

No one would go to Houston cause of Yao.
At least imo. That could change if he signs for less than the max.
Bulls are in line for a lotto pick too...

I dont really want Lebron or Wade... unless I can get both.

Joe Johnson sounds better for my taste, If we keep Deng and Hinrich

Deng and Hinrich dont expire in 2011.....

Deng, Hinrich, Ariza are solid post 2011.
I aint ever say it was in their best interest to trade tmac if you are under the illusion you are playing for 2010.

Wade, Lebron arent going to go play with Yao.

as far as a 2 or 3 Joe Johnson is the best bet.

If I knew what Yao would do/ what the Rockets would do I would consider Houston 1st, but cause thats a major iff. I would look at the Heat, Cavs, Bulls, beforethe Rockets.

I didnt ever include Brooks in a Tmac deal
I wanted Lowry.....

Here are the deals I proposed again

Deng, Hinrich, TT for Tmac, Lowry
Deng, Miller for Tmac
Other Bulls fans posted other trades I liked too....

Size 15: Houston arready LOOKS bad.

Morey is no doubt thinking can I get guys past 2011 who can play with Yao, and maybe another stud, or can attract another stud.

Back
Top Bottom