mcgrady and rockets to part ways

if i were the cavs i would be on the phone asap. if any year they needed to win it all it would be NOW. if tmac can stay healthy he is THAT GUY Lebron needs asa number 2 option who can handle the ball when he goes to the bench...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

if i were the cavs i would be on the phone asap. if any year they needed to win it all it would be NOW. if tmac can stay healthy he is THAT GUY Lebron needs as a number 2 option who can handle the ball when he goes to the bench...
So true.
tired.gif

if i were the cavs i would be on the phone asap. if any year they needed to win it all it would be NOW. if tmac can stay healthy he is THAT GUY Lebron needs as a number 2 option who can handle the ball when he goes to the bench...
Yeah but aren't the cavs already in luxury tax range? If not adding McGrady would DEFINITELY put them there. 23 mil is a grip, especiallyfor a guy who may be done and is not gauranteed to #1 accept whatever role you give him and #2 might not be near the player he was and #3 may not help yourteam win the championship.

Kinda sad, dude was one of my favorite players...IMO in his prime TMac has/had just as much offensive talent as Kobe.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

If he goes to the Celtics, he's a damn sellout.

If he's willing to play the 3, Miami would be a good look.

that is why i call them the Boston Cellouts

everyone of them mofos Pierce, Allen, KG, Sheed...if tmac goes hes a sell out too... Big ups to players like JO and Chris Webber who refused to sell theirsouls to NBA's most historic racists fans....

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by franchise3

What people don't realize is the Rockets are willing to tack on a contract in a potential deal.

If a team wants to clear up room for the 2010 FA bonanza, McGrady's contract is as good and as helpful as you're going to get. For example, the Knicks want to get under as much as they can. How? Getting rid of Jeffries and/or Curry. Problem is, who's willing to tack on their contract? The Rockets would think about it. ...if they included somebody else worthwhile. Like maybe a Gallanari.

Washington has already tried to dump GA. With the way Tyreke is playing, maybe the Kings think Kevin Martin is expendable? The Gasol trade to the Lakers a few years back?

Nobody is trading talent for some illusion that TMac is 'back.' Teams would be doing it for financial reasons, and you gotta give a little to get a little. In this case, give a little more to get a lot back. (23M expiring)

Only problem with Gallanari is that he's going back overseas next year
Gallinari is not going back overseas next year. You're probably thinking about Darko.

Originally Posted by franchise3

It is dead weight.

That's what I was trying to say to Knicks fans. No way the Rockets take back Curry/Jeffries. Not the Rockets, not nobody.

The only way for the Knicks to unload that is to include somebody else. Harrington's expiring, Nate, Lee (who could veto a trade) etc.

rockets only make a trade if they also get something they can keep and use (ie galinari and/or draft picks).

no team in their right mind will be willing to mortgage their future for tmac, unless they are contending NOW.

i have a feeling he isnt going anywhere, and it sucks for him because he is in a contract yr. but then again dude is making 23M, no need to feel bad forhim.
laugh.gif

btw, any injury updates on yao? wasnt he trying to play for the summer team again
grin.gif
isnt he in the last yr of his deal, too? probably gonna resign being that both parties are so loyal to one another.

Originally Posted by BangDak

The Bulls can give them TT + expirings, but it doesnt help them at all.

If you want talent, you're going to have to take back longer contracts.
What about Millers EC, Jerome James EC, and Hinrch or Salmons? Miller would give them some depth at Center without needing much playing time,Jerome is just a contract, and Hinrich seems cool with coming off the bench and can play the 1 or 2. Kirk, Ariza, and Battier would be a nice defensiveline-up.

The Bulls are virtually the only team that can make a some what appealing deal.

Deng, hinrich, TT? In terms of Talent this is a great deal..........
I would take Lowry back too...

Deng, Miller? 12m expiring, + a solid #2 option

If you really want to make a deal.....

Deng, Hinrich, Miller for

Tmac, Lowry, Battier

That would be the best deal for both teams.........

^ im diggin that Bulls idea...but how about Tmac to the Pistons for Rip??

Now Rip may be my fam and all but I feel as if its time 4 him 2 move on from Detroit

Miller is done, not really needed. Hinrich is nice, but Brooks and Lowry are a good duo already. Deng is overpaid, especially compared to Ariza, Battier andBudinger.

trading deng and hinrich for tmac would put the bulls in place for 2 max players next summer

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Miller is done, not really needed. Hinrich is nice, but Brooks and Lowry are a good duo already. Deng is overpaid, especially compared to Ariza, Battier and Budinger.

Miller is also a 12 million expiring.....

Hinrich is better than Brooks, and at min, hes a defender, and Brooks could go off the ball in certain situations. I would want Lowry back though no matterwhat.

Ariza is a guy who would be a better 6th man , and Deng would fit well with Yao.

Rockets have too many 3-4's who do the same thing. Deng is a guy who comes off screens, rebounds, can finish inside, isnt a defensive liability, and couldget up to an allstar level, with a couple more refinements to his game. Ariza is a shooter, and defender. He has the physical ability to do more and at worseyou can play them both at the same time.

You got to look at the contract situations your players are in too...

Lowry is expiring , and can comand 6-7 million based on youth, upside, and current play.

Brooks will be able to get Hinrich money when his rookie deal is up in 2 years.
Battier doesnt fit if you arent going after a title imo....

Me almost a month ago....
25million would be our cap number next season if the bulls trade...

Hinrich and Deng to Houston for Tmac, Tyrus and Jerome James to NYK for Harrington.

that would mean 32.9 expiring + Brad Millers 12.5 you do the math..

No matter if the cap number is at 50 million Chicago and get Wade, Lebron and a third piece to go with Rose.

I Like all three guys that play but Deng aint quite worth his contract, Hinrich is better than any PG Houston has.. and Tyrus aint worth the money if Taj plays like he has been

We are set at the 1,5. Deng can be apart of it, but I would rather get a bench guy and have the opp to get Boozer, and a number one type + another couple benchguys.

brooks brings more to that team then hinrich would. hinrich cant score like brooks and the rockets need that from him

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

brooks brings more to that team then hinrich would. hinrich cant score like brooks and the rockets need that from him
Brooks is a liability on D.
Hinrich is an asset.

To me thats enough said to consider bringing him in.

Like I said . Play Brooks off the ball in certain situations, make him the gunner with the second unit.............
Best of Both worlds......

Hornets should go after him...Posey + Peja+ Peterson for Tmac...i wonder how off the numbers are on that

^luol deng will NEVER be an all star. he is one of the most inconsistent, overrated players in the league. you can blame it on injuries, but the guy is AVERAGEin everything. bulls fans probably wish they gave the money to ben gordon instead, and if you disagree, you are lying to yourself.

the rockets did not bring trevor ariza in to be a sixth man. kyle lowry brings that same toughness as heinrich does, and if lowry does decide to leave theteam, rockets would have money to go after a decent backup. it is not a time to bring on contracts for the rockets.

Originally Posted by DMan14

^luol deng will NEVER be an all star. he is one of the most inconsistent, overrated players in the league. you can blame it on injuries, but the guy is AVERAGE in everything. bulls fans probably wish they gave the money to ben gordon instead, and if you disagree, you are lying to yourself.

the rockets did not bring trevor ariza in to be a sixth man. kyle lowry brings that same toughness as heinrich does, and if lowry does decide to leave the team, rockets would have money to go after a decent backup. it is not a time to bring on contracts for the rockets.

You all some fools if you really think like this.......

I wouldnt have paid BG. But I wouldnt have paid Deng either.

If Deng could dribble he would be an AS.

Deng is better than Ariza.
He scores more, shoots better, rebounds better etc. And they are the same age..........

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Deng IS better than Ariza, but is he worth the money he's going to get paid for compared to Ariza?

Nope.

THIS

Brooks is a liability on D.
thats fine but his offense offsets that. plus you add every one else on that starting line up plays D and good help D so they can cover him up

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by DMan14

^ no way they buy him out. they will rather pay him and tell him to stay home (just like what pacers did with tinsley)
Uhh what? Its not like T-Mac was some dude that went trigger happy off the court now. The Rockets will try to trade dude, but to say they won't buy him out after the trade deadline is crazy. T-Mac probably will not mesh with this current Rockets team, but he did a lot for the Rockets since his trade from the Magic. Rick Adelman might not like him now, but Morey should be better than that to just stash T-Mac away and waste any chance of him contributing on another team that he can help or at least have a chance to show the league he can still play so he could get a contract next year.
The Rockets, according to sources with knowledge of the team's thinking, refuse to consider buying out the remainder of McGrady's $23.2 million expiring contract, which would enable him to become a free agent.

One source said that the Rockets' anti-buyout stance is so deeply rooted that they plan to keep him on the payroll even if a deal can't be struck before the trading deadline.
Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423

Of course the Rockets have to say that they won't buy his contract out right now. Who would trade for T-Mac if they can just sign him later?Of course, there aren't many teams out there that need T-Mac, rather they want the expiring contract.

Back
Top Bottom