Michael Jordan Calf Sleeve

Originally Posted by cpplilballer7

just go to big 5 or any other major sporting good store. Go to the section that sells preventative braces/sleeves. They are usually black, but the trick is to put it inside out if you want the red look. I want to say McDavid sells it.

Anything to be like MIKE!
nerd.gif

Grid??

I'm a little disappointed in MJ as McDavid is a Chicago brand. We have family friends who work there that hook us up with a lot of their stuff. My dad isusing their current calf sleeve since he runs daily and has been having leg pains.

166kbc2.jpg

o5szmg.jpg

2znpr44.jpg

Non-Padded version. The same one the MJ wore.
2e34ild.jpg

Some people said the reason he folded it is because he didn't want to show the brand (besides it showing the red).
ftjzmq.jpg

Padded on left. Non-Padded on right.
ae1qip.jpg

Box for the padded version.
2ecp4qt.jpg

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

I'm going to be a jerk and ask you a few questions. If you are able to answer the questions I will facilitate your question and provide you an answer.

Why do you "need one to play"? What purpose will it serve you? Are you wearing it to serve a specific purpose or because MJ wore one?

To answer half your question: Yes, I have several. Yes, I wear one from time to time when I play (to serve a specific purpose, not because MJ wore one). Plus, I have one the man himself wore.

-NF

i really don't see a point to your reply, other than the fact that you're trying to show off that you have one that MJ wore. You obviously loveyourself for that fact that you met him, and that you have "several" that you wear time to time. The fact that you're asking questions so thatyou can "facilitate" him with answers is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but I don't feel like he needs to have secret answers in order to be as coolas you are. You met MJ, thats awesome. But, there is no reason to have someone prove themselves to you when you have "several" yourself. Why doyou have "several' anyways? Do you have "several" legs? Or are YOU the one trying to be like MJ? it was a simple question. who cares whyhe needs it? i guess you felt that it was the perfect time to compliment your profile picture. have a great day. "jerk"

lamw888 could you get me one of those sleeves or sell me the MJ one?
did GRID go out of business or is there a website or store I could get one at?

They are not for sale because I am a big MJ fan and those are hard to find. I use the non-padded one to play basketball every week. It is the most durablething. I bought the non-padded one in Westwood, CA (close to UCLA) in 1992 and I got the padded one on ebay for $5.00 last year. I hope you can find one.Good luck.

Originally Posted by 23AirJacobs23

could you tell me if their is a place I can get one or a website
me toand so yall are telling me go 2 %$+# sporting goods and go 2 that protective gear part and get a knee brace because that basicly what it whas hejust too it down to his calf abit

simple google search for calf sleeve or knee sleeve will bring up tons...mcdavid makes the exact same thing with the red lining and all i have one cuz i haveterrible knees..google is your friend

Originally Posted by Face82

I used to wear one cuz MJ did it and it looked awesome with Jordans.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

P.S...... It felt good on my calf though

HAHAHA...Yeah so did I! I thot I was all bad with my white and red X's and calf sleeve...those were the days.
tongue.gif

You guys have been alot of help but i still cant find it its like it never existed but i need info and pics
that sleeve would go good with xx3's

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

Originally Posted by mattmizzo

the sleeves they wear on there arm isnt neoprene lol the ones on their calves are. the one on the arm is just cotton

There may be cotton sleeves which players wear. There are also neoprene and spandex. I have a game used A.I. sleeve which is made of spandex. The Philadelphia 76ers equipment manager, Scott Rego, told me A.I. would wear the sleeve to prevent court burn (due to A.I.'s aggressive playing style which resulted in him getting knocked to the floor). I've heard of "I have Game worn Sneakers" or "I have game worn jerseys", but this man is collecting game worn bandages and what not.

I spent 10 years in the league. I have a fairly comprehensive idea of the equipment used and for what functionality (and/or) practicality.
-NF

http://www.mcsports.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2624042

GRID does not exist anymore..heres the link for a mcdavid one it is the exact same thing it's even got the red lining....i have one for when i dislocatedmy knee and i just tried it on my calf (def not about to post pics) and it looks exactly the same just get one in small or medium so it fits snugly on yourcalf..and you can carry on being like mike

now PLEASE for the love of god close this thread!

Originally Posted by 23AirJacobs23

does anybody know if GRID neoprene still exists
If you checked the other posts you made asking about grid the answer would be no.

wow everybody is such a HOP ON! You guys only want it because Mike wore it! Its not gonna make you play like him so why dont you just get the better mcdavidone o right because MJ didnt wear it.....
indifferent.gif
hop ons

Originally Posted by lamw888

166kbc2.jpg

o5szmg.jpg

2znpr44.jpg

2e34ild.jpg

Some people said the reason he folded it is because he didn't want to show the brand (besides it showing the red).
ftjzmq.jpg

ae1qip.jpg

2ecp4qt.jpg

y is it that in the pics you look so dusty lol

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

Originally Posted by lamw888

166kbc2.jpg

o5szmg.jpg

2znpr44.jpg

2e34ild.jpg

ftjzmq.jpg

ae1qip.jpg

2ecp4qt.jpg

y is it that in the pics you look so dusty lol

roll.gif
yo, that is the funniest thing Ive ever read on hear, thanks for thelaugh

Back
Top Bottom