Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers

Michelle is NOT a normal middle class citizen anymore that just shops at Gap, SHE IS THE FIRST LADY!!! Like what do yall not understand? And she's supposedto look classy at a food bank? What do you want her to wear there, a suit-dress? Yall make no sense whatsoever
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Gotta love the excuses from all the Obama #%%* riders
laugh.gif

you're acting like she stays in Send Helps and DeLas or something...you're def reaching broham...
this first lady isn't close to dying though. so let her dress as young as she is.

so what do you suggest she wear a skirt and jacket all the time and heels?

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by enyceking

my $540 sneakers
hunkeh.jpg

You FAIL for spending that much cash on some Jordans
laugh.gif

actually you failed i would spend 450 on some nice #@# infareds 6 best air jordans ever

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Michelle is NOT a normal middle class citizen anymore that just shops at Gap, SHE IS THE FIRST LADY!!! Like what do yall not understand?
You're right she's not, but that's what she's presented herself as and that's what she's been lauded for which is why thisis an issue because its not consistent with her image.

Originally Posted by KoolKatz

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by enyceking

my $540 sneakers
hunkeh.jpg

You FAIL for spending that much cash on some Jordans
laugh.gif

actually you failed i would spend 450 on some nice #@# infareds 6 best air jordans ever

i'd take that 450/540 and spend it on some black/cement IVs. BEST jordan EVER.

Who cares.... nobody dwells on this bs except salty Republicans.

Jackie O spent thousands on custom made dresses and etc. Hillary was notorious for her thousand dollar pants suites.
You're right she's not, but that's what she's presented herself as and that's what she's been lauded for which is why this is an issue because its not consistent with her image.
Some of yall sound moronic, my mother is considered middle class and she own's a $600 LV bag... why do people equate middle class as overlyfrugal people. Its the people in the Middle class pushing 5 series, Acura's, Lexus' and etc.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Michelle is NOT a normal middle class citizen anymore that just shops at Gap, SHE IS THE FIRST LADY!!! Like what do yall not understand?
You're right she's not, but that's what she's presented herself as and that's what she's been lauded for which is why this is an issue because its not consistent with her image.
That's what magazines and celebrity shows have presented her as. She's not Miley Cyrus being forced into an image.

Wearing $500 sneakers to a Soup Kitchen and giving food to the poor?

Classy people, those Obama's are...

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Jackie O spent thousands on custom made dresses and etc. Hillary was notorious for her thousand dollar pants suites.
Some of yall sound moronic, my mother is considered middle class and she own's a $600 LV bag... why do people equate middle class as overly frugal people. Its the people in the Middle class pushing 5 series, Acura's, Lexus' and etc.

and of course, always the same cast of characters. I couldn't live like that, even not being a Bush fan i was never like that.

No she herself repeatedly made it a point to mention how her and her family scrimped and saved especially in regards to clothing. She's personallyresponsible for bringing international attention to J.Crew, there was an interview with the family where she gave Barack a high five for getting some jeans onsale, countless articles and talk show segments were dedicated to teaching women how to get Michelle's practical look. Her down to earth image is what madea lot of people fall in love with her and we shouldn't just brush aside a rather big inconstancy just because we like her. Hell the first people you'resupposed to question are people you like.

Preferably. Is that so difficult? Show some class. Some elegance. I mean damn ol girl be looking like a hood rat with those sneakers.
laugh.gif

I don't think I have ever seen a First Lady wear a pair of sneakers especially when the media is there. Someone post a picture of Jackie O, Laura Bush,Hillary Clinton wear sneakers. Anyone?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Preferably. Is that so difficult? Show some class. Some elegance. I mean damn ol girl be looking like a hood rat with those sneakers.
laugh.gif

I don't think I have ever seen a First Lady wear a pair of sneakers especially when the media is there. Someone post a picture of Jackie O, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton wear sneakers. Anyone?

I think it would be better to post a pic of what they were wearing when volunteering their services to charity. Anyone? But you're right, heels and arestrictive skirt is definitely ideal for labor.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Some of yall sound moronic, my mother is considered middle class and she own's a $600 LV bag... why do people equate middle class as overly frugal people. Its the people in the Middle class pushing 5 series, Acura's, Lexus' and etc.

Yet, you were probably one of those people ostracizing Sarah Palin during the election because of her wardrobe.

SunDOOBIE wrote:
laugh.gif

I don't think I have ever seen a First Lady wear a pair of sneakers especially when the media is there. Someone post a picture of Jackie O, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton wear sneakers. Anyone?

but you're acting like this is what she wears everyday...i'm sure there are more pics of her in heels than sneakers...part of their is appeal is thatthey aren't so uptight...if she wore them to the inauguration i could understand but c'mon...heels to feed people?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

If it was Sarah Palin you guys would be going nuts.

sarah palin was using campaign money to buy clothes for herself and her family. how is this similar?

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

sarah palin was using campaign to buy clothes for herself and her family. how is this similar?

Im saying, (some)gov. provided funding, and the Obamas have millions in personal income. How is this the same?

maybe because there sneakers its news? i mean they look like $29.99 chuck taylors to the naked eye.. We need to get on the real culprit here, dress shoes.. nowthose are some high quality and also very expensive shoes.. whats president obama wearing lol?

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

sarah palin was using campaign to buy clothes for herself and her family. how is this similar?

Im saying, (some)gov. provided funding, and the Obamas have millions in personal income. How is this the same?

And you know this how?
laugh.gif

How the hell do you know she spent her Quid Pro Quo salary from a Chicago based hospital?

Sarah Palin was given Campaign Contributions for clothes, isn't that the point of Campaign Contributions? Are there rules what the party spends their moneyon?

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Wearing $500 sneakers to a Soup Kitchen and giving food to the poor?

Classy people, those Obama's are...
Word. Probably strolled right in and let everyone know how much her kicks cost before proceeding to give out food. Yes, that's what happened.
grin.gif

People dwelling on the fact she wore some nice shoes as opposed to where she was going in them. She was helping out at a soup kitchen!
smh.gif

No Palin not only used far more money than she should've to get her and family clothes she reneged on paying back those contributions and even went so faras to charge for purchases on the credit cards of campaign staffers who were not reimbursed for the debt. She engaged in categorically embarrassing andunprofessional behavior which again ran counter to her image as a down home, small town mother. The situation is more akin to the fall out over CindyMcCain's dress at the RNC. Why should she have caught flack for wearing expensive clothes when she's known to be enormously wealthy and at no pointtried to present an image of scaling back?

Back
Top Bottom