Midnight Release No Longer at Midnight......

Limiting online releases to one pair per verified address per website is the only way to really make things fair the fact that they're doing things to change at least means they're heading in the right direction

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

I been buying/collecting shoes for 13 years and buying shoes has never been as tough it has been the last year or 2. Its not just resellers. Everyday, more and more people are starting to collect and buy shoes, in addition to whoever is still buying so that increases the demand when supply is probably remaining the same. At this point, I'll cop if i can, but if not, im not even going to sweat it anymore. Theres more important things in life than just shoes.
Agreed.  I was able to pickup Concords at a Nike outlet in 2001.  I bought 3 pairs of Spacejams and 2 Cool Greys XI's with ease, but barely got 2 pairs of Concords.  I've had a lot of success through ndc, but now?  It's getting damn near impossible to grab shoes since once you checkout the damn site timesout.  Everything seems to be selling out in 5 minutes or less.  Cement 4's was ridiculous.  Playoff 12's was just as bad.  All I want is at least one pair of black/red IV's and I'm headed towards retirement.  The only reason I can think of ndc doing 8/5 AM release time is to spread the demand out.  Meaning that a good amount of people will be lined up at stores and not F5'ing sites to death.  But then people who miss out online a screwed.  Collecting shoes has been fun, but man I'm too old to be putting in a ton of time and energy.

we are being punished.....now the resellers gonna be on phone and in line at same time getting everything

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by raptors29

Saturday at 8am in worse than a midnight release. Makes no sense.

right?
Well until now every release has been at 12 AM for east coast, but with the servers crashing by the time you check out successfully it's about 1:45 am EST, 10:45 pm PCT. I think this is a way to give east coast a better chance to make purchases, but i don't know.. can't think of any other reason really

Originally Posted by Benz 2001 s600v12

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I think this will backfire.

at least before Nike let everyone "hope" to get a pair, now it's slapping everyone in the face, either pay a reseller or don't cop 
laugh.gif
Pretty much sums it all up right there

yup.  i just shelled out 175 for a 6.5 low 11.  its the only way for me to get these

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

I been buying/collecting shoes for 13 years and buying shoes has never been as tough it has been the last year or 2. Its not just resellers. Everyday, more and more people are starting to collect and buy shoes, in addition to whoever is still buying so that increases the demand when supply is probably remaining the same. At this point, I'll cop if i can, but if not, im not even going to sweat it anymore. Theres more important things in life than just shoes.

EXACTLY....Peopel do not release it is NOT only ONE generation of people buying shoes anymore....In the late 80s and 90s you had the generation of peopel buying sneakers when they were FIRST produced....with Retros (esp. OG colorway), you get the OG generation + new generation who are buying either 1. nostalgia 2. they were young whe OGs dropped....then with re-retros you're dealing with more and more people.
As the years goes on, sneakers will be more hyped? why? the next generation.... factor in the Internet and social media, we have a MAJOR PROBLEM to deal with.....either ADAPT or call it QUITS

for me, im thinking of the latter....just not worth my time and energy to go through hoops for a GR release that already costs $160+ nearly every 2 weeks

the elite kobe and lebron so all online stores will release at 8am eastern time following day. So set your alarm at a time where you will wake up to call. Get everything ready this saturday morning. Good luck from now on these changed release time.

Originally Posted by Benz 2001 s600v12

wouldn't the simple solution be just to produce more pairs? It amazes that such a successful company with some of the most highly coveted product has no clue how to effectively sell it to it's customers. I think nike just loves to play with people's emotions. They made so much money, they just wanna do stupid stuff on purpose just to get a laugh (behind closed doors) at all the people running around with their heads cut off trying to cop a pair, seems like. I just don't get it.

NIKE knows exactly what they are doing. they dont want to produce more pairs. they want it more exclusive and hyped. marketing geniuses.

man i don't like this at all. i have to work every saturday at 7am eastern...ive never been able to go to a store to get my kicks cause ive always been at work in the morning so ive been using the midnight release since i started collecting...how am i supposed to get new releases now if ill be at work by the time they release online and they will be sold out in stores by the time i get out of work? smh damn nike

if there are people in the west coast setting their alarm for 455 to pick up some shoes. theres a problem. these are just shoes guys! CMON! its not that serious.

The stores are going to be mayhem now with people that don't want to risk missing out online. Plus you know that everyone will be trying to do both on their phones/tablets while standing in line. The Breds are going to cause riots at this rate....maybe then JB will change their minds.

Back
Top Bottom