My fiancee was sexually assaulted.

:smh: :smh:
Prayers up OP. I'm wishing you and your fiancé the best. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be in both of yalls shoes. Just stay positive man.

Cosign to the guy above me who said that he would beat a dude up if he ever saw him trying to make an assault attempt on a chick. I would do the same

This is why I can't help but shake my head at things like this. Rape culture is real. FML if I ever have a daughter.

Rape culture? Nah. Horny frat douchers? Yes.

Sorry that had to happen, OP. Wish you and your family the best.

Last edited:
how do you figure?

In another countries its much worse. We punish rapists here. That privileged kid got off but he would've gotten off doing any crime. Men are fired from their jobs for even being accused of rape. Rape happens and i cant even imagine the horror of that. But women are out here saying catcalling=rape culture. I feel **** like this trivializes real women that are raped. Rape is down close 60 percent in the last decade or so.

Damn hope your girl is ok OP ...it's crazy , why do ppl gotta rape :smh: ...I'm teaching my daughter early bout knowing what she drinks

Last edited:
I consider catcalling a type of harassment and it sucks that women have to experience that if they're just walking somewhere.

Yeah, the US is better than most countries on the issues of rape but you hear stories of college campuses not taking accusations seriously.

In another countries its much worse. We punish rapists here. That privileged kid got off but he would've gotten off doing any crime. Men are fired from their jobs for even being accused of rape. Rape happens and i cant even imagine the horror of that. But women are out here saying catcalling=rape culture. I feel **** like this trivializes real women that are raped. Rape is down close 60 percent in the last decade or so.

1. Other countries being worse is a bad argument. During the civil rights struggle did people shout, "at least this aint South Africa" at black people? would that have been a reasonable argument?

2. ALL forms of crime have significantly declined and have been for than a decade. not really a useful argument either.

Look I'm out here saying that all men are out here with pro rape stickers all I'm saying is

- Men (including myself) look at a situation with a man and a woman and on reflex identify with the man.
- Men in general tend to give other men the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rape if the circumstances are even a slight bit grey.
- Men are disproportionately represented in the machinery of society. More male judges, more male congressmen, more male university presidents

So therefore isn't it REASONABLE to say, that these factors make it uniquely difficult to hold rapists accountable

Last edited:
Don't fool yourselves...a lot of rape/sexual assaults happen in this country n u only hear of a few cases, most incidents don't even get reported or taken seriously

FYI

I'm open to hearing a reasonable argument for why "rape culture" doesn't exist.

but

I haven't heard one yet.

Don't fool yourselves...a lot of rape/sexual assaults happen in this country n u only hear of a few cases, most incidents don't even get reported or taken seriously

Rape culture exists in every country because there will always be men who treat women as objects and below them.

1. Other countries being worse is a bad argument. During the civil rights struggle did people shout, "at least this aint South Africa" at black people? would that have been a reasonable argument?

2. ALL forms of crime have significantly declined and have been for than a decade. not really a useful argument either.

Look I'm out here saying that all men are out here with pro rape stickers all I'm saying is

- Men (including myself) look at a situation with a man and a woman and on reflex identify with the man.
- Men in general tend to give other men the benefit of the doubt when it comes to rape if the circumstances are even a slight bit grey.
- Men are disproportionately represented in the machinery of society. More male judges, more male congressmen, more male university presidents

So therefore isn't it REASONABLE to say, that these factors make it uniquely difficult to hold rapists accountable

I don't agree. I can only look at the stats. Anecdotal evidence is to grey to analyze.

Last edited:
I consider catcalling a type of harassment and it sucks that women have to experience that if they're just walking somewhere.

Yeah, the US is better than most countries on the issues of rape but you hear stories of college campuses not taking accusations seriously.

That's fair but what about the numerous cases that are brought to light and proven false.

Rape culture exists in every country because there will always be men who treat women as objects and below them.

I don't even want to make it as nefarious of that. becuase if something is BLACK and WHITE everyone will step up to say it's horrible. it's when it's grey when you see it.

Men identify with men, and rape is a the one crime that almost always involves MALE vs. FEMALE.

Men are the majority of the people in the legal system, and so that slight bit of bias just snowballs as you get thought the whole system.

The police who you report it to,
the doctor who does the rape kit
the detective who investigate it
the prosecutor who decides whether or not to bring charges
the judge who will adjuticate the case

majority of these people will be men, and even if they have a 1% reflexive male bias, **** just snow balls.

I dunno but they should still be investigated and seen as serious. If they're proven false then that means they were looked into and the truth was found out. Then you have pieces of crap schools like baylor and fsu who will protect their athletes along with the towns and police helping out. Disgusting.

I don't agree. I can only look at the stats. Anecdotal evidence is to grey to analyze.

the stats don't help your argument either man. :lol:

i belive its like 35% of rapes are even reported, less go to trial, tiny percetage are false claims... ect

stats don't look good.

Back
Top Bottom