NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

DJ, your best case scenario for Javale is Tyson Chandler and you wouldn't trade him for the #2? Potential is what gets GMs fired I doubt that Javale will ever be an elite big man. I'd rather put Wall next to DWill or Kanter.

And the Kyrie hate is stupid. He's the most sure thing in this draft. He's still not sure to be a superstar, though. He definitely is going to be a starter for a while in the league though.
Very rarely are there sure thing "superstars" in a draft, but you're basically saying the only sure thing he's good for right now is that he'll be a starter in this league? I like the kid but you're not helping him his detractors with that comment.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

DJ, your best case scenario for Javale is Tyson Chandler and you wouldn't trade him for the #2? Potential is what gets GMs fired I doubt that Javale will ever be an elite big man. I'd rather put Wall next to DWill or Kanter.

And the Kyrie hate is stupid. He's the most sure thing in this draft. He's still not sure to be a superstar, though. He definitely is going to be a starter for a while in the league though.
Very rarely are there sure thing "superstars" in a draft, but you're basically saying the only sure thing he's good for right now is that he'll be a starter in this league? I like the kid but you're not helping him his detractors with that comment.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Javale McGee is a shred smarter than Blatche on the court I don't understand the fascination with him.

You don't understand the fascination with a legit 7-footer who runs the floor like a wing, has a massive wingspan, and can jump out of the gym?

He'd easily be a top 3-5 pick in this year's draft.

Javale McGee is a shred smarter than Blatche on the court I don't understand the fascination with him.

You don't understand the fascination with a legit 7-footer who runs the floor like a wing, has a massive wingspan, and can jump out of the gym?

What fascination? Most people feel the way you do, and, conversely, I don't understand that.

And as I keep pointing out, yes, he is a ******... A ****** who put up 10, 8 and 2.5 in 28 minutes per. That's off of sheer talent and zero basketball IQ. On bad teams with a lot of really bad teammates.

He's been super efficient all three seasons. His percentage has gone up every season. Second in the league in blocks this past season, playing not quite two and a half quarters per game.

What fascination? Most people feel the way you do, and, conversely, I don't understand that.

And as I keep pointing out, yes, he is a ******... A ****** who put up 10, 8 and 2.5 in 28 minutes per. That's off of sheer talent and zero basketball IQ. On bad teams with a lot of really bad teammates.

He's been super efficient all three seasons. His percentage has gone up every season. Second in the league in blocks this past season, playing not quite two and a half quarters per game.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

No because he is immature, hasn't developed a post-game whatsoever, tries to do things not even his athleticism allows, and is generally stupid.
I benefit his small increase in offensive numbers being higher 100% to John Wall. He did have a mediocre year in rebounding compared to his first two seasons.

No because he is immature, hasn't developed a post-game whatsoever, tries to do things not even his athleticism allows, and is generally stupid.
I benefit his small increase in offensive numbers being higher 100% to John Wall. He did have a mediocre year in rebounding compared to his first two seasons.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I was trying to explain the fascination, not give a full scouting report. Goes without saying that he has a lot of development to go through.

^Cosigning Kevin's comments.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

I was trying to explain the fascination, not give a full scouting report. Goes without saying that he has a lot of development to go through.

^Cosigning Kevin's comments.

I'd rather have Williams and prolly even Kanter.  I just think McGee is kind of a cancer, he doesn't strike me as a guy who has much interest in getting better or improving as long as he can throw down some dunks/swat some into the stands and do his little military celebration I think he's happy with that.  If I'm the wizards I'm trying to surround Wall with guys who care about winning/improving as much as that kid does and that as long as McGee/Blatche is there that's a team of boneheads.  I understand he is big and athletic but I would be more surprised to see him as a main cog on a championship team than to see him getting caught in a massive drug bust.

I can deal with head cases if they care about winning.  It's why I've come to like Boogie Cousins, kid is off his rocker and immature but you can sense the game matters to him.  I think that is something you either have or don't and I'm not sure it is there with McGee.  It's fine adding a headcase to me if its a team of stable, mature guys (ie Artest on Lakers) but when your a young team I think you have to be wary of building a negative culture which really struck me when watching the wiz this year.  I mean look at Chicago/Dallas this year, those teams thrived on chemistry and one star player, that is as important as anything.  Obv. I don't know Javale so im insinuating but everything about the guy screams clown to me and I've watched enough Knicks basketball the past decade to know clowns usually don't turn that corner.

Pam-McGee-Kissing-Dr-Jay-Slam-dunk-contest.jpg

Basically, I'd prolly pass on having a guy who would pimp out his own mother to win a dunk contest
laugh.gif

I'd rather have Williams and prolly even Kanter.  I just think McGee is kind of a cancer, he doesn't strike me as a guy who has much interest in getting better or improving as long as he can throw down some dunks/swat some into the stands and do his little military celebration I think he's happy with that.  If I'm the wizards I'm trying to surround Wall with guys who care about winning/improving as much as that kid does and that as long as McGee/Blatche is there that's a team of boneheads.  I understand he is big and athletic but I would be more surprised to see him as a main cog on a championship team than to see him getting caught in a massive drug bust.

I can deal with head cases if they care about winning.  It's why I've come to like Boogie Cousins, kid is off his rocker and immature but you can sense the game matters to him.  I think that is something you either have or don't and I'm not sure it is there with McGee.  It's fine adding a headcase to me if its a team of stable, mature guys (ie Artest on Lakers) but when your a young team I think you have to be wary of building a negative culture which really struck me when watching the wiz this year.  I mean look at Chicago/Dallas this year, those teams thrived on chemistry and one star player, that is as important as anything.  Obv. I don't know Javale so im insinuating but everything about the guy screams clown to me and I've watched enough Knicks basketball the past decade to know clowns usually don't turn that corner.

Pam-McGee-Kissing-Dr-Jay-Slam-dunk-contest.jpg

Basically, I'd prolly pass on having a guy who would pimp out his own mother to win a dunk contest
laugh.gif

If you sit here right now and say you wouldn't trade McGee and either 6 or 18 for 2 ... You have the iq of a toad minus his head ...

If you sit here right now and say you wouldn't trade McGee and either 6 or 18 for 2 ... You have the iq of a toad minus his head ...

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I think Blatche is the much bigger problem. Get rid of him and I bet a lot of things would change, on and off the court.

yea it will. blatche needs 2 stop focusin on clubbin

I think Blatche is the much bigger problem. Get rid of him and I bet a lot of things would change, on and off the court.

yea it will. blatche needs 2 stop focusin on clubbin

Trade both picks for 2. Throw in Jordan Crawford if you have to. Minnesota could use him. That makes a whole hell of a lot more sense to me.

Wall, Williams and McGee sounds great to me.

Wall, Williams and Blatche? Why?

Trade both picks for 2. Throw in Jordan Crawford if you have to. Minnesota could use him. That makes a whole hell of a lot more sense to me.

Wall, Williams and McGee sounds great to me.

Wall, Williams and Blatche? Why?

I understand what KLJ is saying. If you make that trade, your frontcourt is Blatche and Williams.

They want Kanter and McGee. Makes alot of sense. Best combination for the Wizards.

I would trade Blatche for a worse contract. That's how badly they need to get him out of Was

I understand what KLJ is saying. If you make that trade, your frontcourt is Blatche and Williams.

They want Kanter and McGee. Makes alot of sense. Best combination for the Wizards.

I would trade Blatche for a worse contract. That's how badly they need to get him out of Was

Mcgee is just not that good IMO

Mcgee is just not that good IMO

But Blatche is stuck in DC, he is completely untradeable so what do you do in that case.  I know trading someone with the upside of McGee isn't ideal and I agree that its not exactly the best situation to trade him in this weak draft but that team needs to start developing a system/character and those two together make it very hard to do when they are together.

Back
Top Bottom