Need Help Selling Car

So I've had my car on autotrader for about 3 weeks now and have yet to get a single phone call about it. It's a decent car, very low mileage, good appearance, runs great. I think the car hasnt sold yet because nobody has any money to drop on cars. Its book value is about $11,000 and I have it on autotrader for $8000. No calls. Anyone have any tips? at this point I just want the car gone because the only time I'm driving it is to move it for alternate parking. Can I sell it to a dealer? I dont want another car, dont want a trade in, who out there has $8000 to drop on a car other than auto dealers? Any tips would be appreciated..NYC.

2005 mazda 3 2.3 sedan. Its only got 50k miles. I really want it gone but i dont wanna take such a huge hit going down to $6000.

Originally Posted by 0 Xm 0

2005 mazda 3 2.3 sedan. Its only got 50k miles. I really want it gone but i dont wanna take such a huge hit going down to $6000.

I will give you 4k cash
Spoiler [+]
after i see the car fox

If you're not posting it on Craigslist too then you're missing a HUGE opportunity.  I have an app on my phone to update me whenever a car comes on the market that matches my criteria on CL and it has made it a lot easier.

You also might consider raising the price of the car.  Some people might overlook it if it's too far below book value since the perception is that something is wrong with it.  Try listing it at $10K since that's where most people start their search at when buying a used car.

Post on craigslist make sure you put a good description and post good clear pictures, you can re-post every 48 hours, keep re-posting till you get it sold.

Do what has been said as far as listing on CL, and even try taking it to carmax and seeing what theyll give you. They're surprisingly fair.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

If you're not posting it on Craigslist too then you're missing a HUGE opportunity.  I have an app on my phone to update me whenever a car comes on the market that matches my criteria on CL and it has made it a lot easier.

You also might consider raising the price of the car.  Some people might overlook it if it's too far below book value since the perception is that something is wrong with it.  Try listing it at $10K since that's where most people start their search at when buying a used car.
APP NAME?

Originally Posted by crcballer55

This. Some people might see the price and think it's too good to be true.

I would love to take it to a carmax and just be done with it but unfortunately it's not available in NY, closest one is in CT. As far as CL I have posted there but you guys will not believe the amount of scammers/phishers on it. Every email is some crap about "i want to buy it but can you run a insurance quote for me? please click below!" dummies.

Back
Top Bottom