new dave white 1's "wings for the future" to drop publicly

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

^ Was this your first time attempting to purchase online?
To an extent.
I haven't really purchased a release online.

I knew they wen't eastern but I don't know if they go eastern all the time on every drop, do they?

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Nike wants the hype. To be honest I think they limit the pairs for sale online to create hype. Hype gets you to run out and buy them in the AM. 

Its all an optical illusion. I am hip to Nike's scheme.

They are strictly a marketing company.

Everything they say is innovative (fly wire, nike+, zoom air, and ect.)  is actually a marketing scheme to get us to buy more.

They hold elabarate work outs for your favorite player on the campus to get you to tune in.

Please dont believe the hype. 

NIKE HAS NEVER BEEN IN RED SINCE THERE EXISTENCE.

NIKE IS IN IT TO MAKE MONEY.

this! you make very valid statements.

but this is why my petition/boycott would work. if enough ppl boycott, it could be historical. they could learn that without the consumer, they are nothing.
nerd.gif

The spot I was at only had like 10-20 pairs. Was unable to get those so I went for whatever BHMs I could get. Don't even want em, but now I'll use them to get somethin I do want.

Originally Posted by cristianm

^ Was this your first time attempting to purchase online?
To an extent.
I haven't really purchased a release online.

I knew they wen't eastern but I don't know if they go eastern all the time on every drop, do they?

Yea, it's like that always. On occasion you'll have a mid day drop (oc Kobe Vi's
30t6p3b.gif
). Blame it on the east coast bias I guess.

I wish everyone the best of luck on copping these or whatever it is there trying to get for this hectic release weekend.

I for one refuse to pay a reseller price of more then double or triple thats just giving them the power to continue to do it.

The most ill pay for these is 100 over retail but thats me with any of these new jordan releases thats all the extra its worth to me to have a pair.

ill splurge on a OG or 1st retro but none of these new or re-retros

Failed with this release.. Got a bunch of session timeouts and by the time I was able to get out there were all gone. Just got back from the bar drinking myself into a coma.. Lol. Now to wait for the 24th.

Damm so many salty people. Especially cats that have so called been collecting for a long time. If you been doing it for a while, then BY NOW, you must have some connects to get taken care of. I mean that the point of doing it for so long right? so you dont have to go thru this so called hassle or bs that Nike does of limited stuff. That the reason we want the kicks. Let be honest, Everything in the world has to have some kind of hype, otherwise we wont want it, right? Seem like every thread now has people saying " well I am done with nike" and " I am going to leave the game" yet your still here, why? HYPE. The machine that is nike is the best at it. And you as a sneakerhead, collector, resellers, ect always fall for it. People trying to ban resellers and this and that? Reselling is part of this so called shoe game, and not matter what you might say or thing. We all have do it one way or another.

Cool story guys!

Back to topic now....

How many of you guys had the chance to snipe a pair off NDC?

I'm a little upset NDC wen't eastern time on the link!

Why would you go EASTERN TIME, when your HEAD QUARTERS are located in the WEST?!

Should of and Should go WESTERN time, makes sense don't it?..

they go by the release date and the rd was 2/11 and it was officially 2/11 at 12am est, at least thats my understanding.

how many people are at the hoh at pg plaza in. maryland?...........................................peace23

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I think it's time to propose a solution to Meth to ban all of these resellers from NT...
..the same way we resist to give up our name and our website to Nike Inc; is the same way we must protect the real sneaker connoisseurs from the fake, phony, blood-sucking re-sellers.

I will get this done.
This.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Damm so many salty people. Especially cats that have so called been collecting for a long time. If you been doing it for a while, then BY NOW, you must have some connects to get taken care of. I mean that the point of doing it for so long right? so you dont have to go thru this so called hassle or bs that Nike does of limited stuff. That the reason we want the kicks. Let be honest, Everything in the world has to have some kind of hype, otherwise we wont want it, right? Seem like every thread now has people saying " well I am done with nike" and " I am going to leave the game" yet your still here, why? HYPE. The machine that is nike is the best at it. And you as a sneakerhead, collector, resellers, ect always fall for it. People trying to ban resellers and this and that? Reselling is part of this so called shoe game, and not matter what you might say or thing. We all have do it one way or another.
Reselling is not so cut and dry. I see reselling in two basic categories. 
1. There are sneakerheads that cop a pair of kicks because of hype and sell them to buy another pair or use them for trade bait. I have no problem with this, its part of the game.

2. Then there are non-sneakerhead commercial resellers with OC3 or higher connections and multiple computers buying all the kicks up to resell them for ridiculously inflated prices. They aren't true collectors. They are exploiting real heads for all they can get. I guess I equate them with crack dealers who slang the +%#$ but won't use it themselves. They just keep capitalizing off the addictions of others. Nothing satisfies me more than for a hype shoe to decrease in value (ie. chicago X's) and all those commercial resellers are stuck with them. Ha

I think Nike did everyone a favor making these hard to get. They really aren't that nice in person. They are missing something, I can't put my hands on it. I really liked them based on the pictures and everything, but seeing them... I couldn't see myself wearin them without feeling like a clown.

What's sad is the state of sneaker collecting. Watch the flood on eBay today and tomorrow. I drove by my HOH in Winston Salem around 1 o clock just for grins.. Not expecting to see anyone outside only to see fools wrapped up outside looking homeless waiting for these joints. Eyes red with the beast, and that stupid "I'm about to invest in these" smirk. Strange times man.. The royal x's sold out in minutes. I call shenanigans on the whole thing. Congrats to those who copped and good luck to those who plan to cop on the 24th. It would be hilarious if these were available everywhere and just sat next time to burn the resellers.

Cool story guys!

Back to topic now....

How many of you guys had the chance to snipe a pair off NDC?

I'm a little upset NDC wen't eastern time on the link!

Why would you go EASTERN TIME, when your HEAD QUARTERS are located in the WEST?!

Should of and Should go WESTERN time, makes sense don't it?..

Not for anyone with any knowledge of business.

Originally Posted by redsfan3

The shoe scene really is messed up. A small part of me feels bad for contributing to the problem.

Yeah, you should lower your prices to retail plus shipping
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRRON

Tell me your going to wear these shoes..... well "I dont believe you you need more people" congratz to the people who copped cough couugh resale coough cough

i would have if i got them.....2nd chance coming on the 24th tho

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

No luck for me either. Same BS happened to me with the Red Foams but I was lucky enough to grab those at the store the next day. These, no chance. Although they said they're dropping them again on the 24th.
You actually wanted these to wear?
laugh.gif
Son I had the Ill elephant-print, black-stars, Mars-blackmon-logo-on-the-front, MJ-wings-logo on the back, cement print collar, patent-leather-sleeve, down-filled bubble-goose sneaktip hoody to rock with em!  Nah, just wanted them for trade-bait, so I wasn't that pressed to get them.

ended up getting an 11. crazy release. Employees were telling me they didn't have the size then it magically appeared. The guy in front of me couldn't get an 11 because they were "sold out" lol.

Hahah so you're telling me that only 4-5 people here on NT were able to get pairs?? Crash city, Crash Crash City..

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Aren't you selling a pair of YOTD kd's? 
And don't give me that crap about Canadian pricing, you probably got a disco on them. 

This guy!!!

You are well known for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Ya I sold KD's here cause I bought them and decided I didn't want them.  I figured why not give someone an opportunity to get them for a reasonable price and guess what?!?!?  they sold within a day for the asking price so I guess it wasn't that crazy than huh

And I sold them for $189 shipped when I paid $126 for them..........you do the math genius
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Ship for $40 and paypal fees plus the exchange rate and whats left???  $20?!?!?!

And next time you say that Im getting a disco on the sneakers and Im lying about my cost, check the receipt star 

Or maybe you're one of those investigators like the clown Im quoting before you and you think my receipt is fake
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Since you seem to follow my posts so religiously you should know that I don't have a problem with resellers at all homebro......actually I've said numerous times that I appreciate them.

So now that I've cleared that up for you, you are free to crawl back under the bridge you slid out from

Looks like a failed resell attempt to me. Bought them, tried to throw them on eBay but quickly realized you missed the boat on them and that you would end up losing money if they sold on eBay, so as a last ditch effort to save face you decide to "lookout" for someone.

laugh.gif
at you trying to call smzsmz a horrible reseller when you yourself fail miserably at it time and time again (those size 14 Concords). Thank god I only have to see you when I venture into forum 8.
laugh.gif

Thats one of them small time wannabe resellers who think they are doing it by copping two pairs of something, but damn dude couldn't even move concords?! 
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

I think it's time to propose a solution to Meth to ban all of these resellers from NT...
..the same way we resist to give up our name and our website to Nike Inc; is the same way we must protect the real sneaker connoisseurs from the fake, phony, blood-sucking re-sellers.

I will get this done.
This. I love the buy/sell because it's a great way to find trades or unload some stuff you're not wearing or just doesn't fit your tastes. But there's so many dudes with multiples that use it just to get around paying the ebay fees aka increase their margin the day after the release.

But on to these kicks specifically. Struck out on NDC tonight (same time out error as everyone else), but I might try again on the 24th after the ASG Lebrons/KDs/Foams. That or I'll just start collecting asics/new balances/adidas. Nike's turning me off lately.
Well the buy/sell was created to allow us members to let go of sneakers we no longer need, or have to dump due to financial problems. Also to allow members to buy gems they wouldn't find in today's market.
Not to use as an alternate to eBay specifically to profit off of recent releases and by saving money on fees. 

Believe me; I've been here for 10+ years. I've never in my life seen a release like 'Old Royal Jordan 10' sell out so quick before in my life. Reason is because people are looking at these releases as ways to profit off of. What that does is create a higher demand for these releases, drives up retail, lowers quality and makes it difficult for people like myself and others who actually purchase these sneakers to wear and enjoy.

It's %$%@+!@ up the whole love for sneakers. I'm sick of this. I'm tired of being a guide to the buy/sell forums for people to strictly profit off of.
5dcbd53f_clap.gif

so will the HOH's that didn't get it on this round get it on the second shot. or will it be the same spots?

^ I'm not too sure, but I think others will because its seems like it will be more widely available on the 24th.

Back
Top Bottom