Nike Flyknit Lunar3 ( 698181) March 1st 2015

Update: did a 4+ mile run in 3s this morning, toebox felt snug but the flyknit did stretch and mold to my wide forefoot. Kinda feared that the forefoot flywire would cut deep into my feet but it was fine. It felt quite supportive, actually. Overall I had a very comfy run in them once they felt 'broken in' after a mile/mile and a half. And they're dang light.

The flyknit will stretch and mold to your feet fairly quick under running conditions due to heat, as well as stress from pronation and impact when you mid- or forefoot-strike the ground. But I don't think it will really do so if you're just using it for walking or for casual use.

Last edited:
I still wish the black part of the red and blue Lunar 3s were just black and not black with hints of red or blue. Could have been way better that way.

Thanks meniac meniac , @casper90403

I passed on the blue lagoons for the women's teal which should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to see how the iD's turned out for everyone. Mine are supposed to get here Thursday.

I still wish the black part of the red and blue Lunar 3s were just black and not black with hints of red or blue. Could have been way better that way.

This was posted a few pages back. Is this something along the lines of what you're hoping for?

View media item 1438712
I personally like the red back part, goes with my old Arizona gear nicely.

View media item 1438725

Wasn't directed at folks like you Marv
laugh.gif
. You're definitely not a beast lurker nor are you unneccesarily contributing to the hype by buying up BW Lunar 3's (or anything BW for that matter) and asking $200+ for them.
I never understood why people go through all that effort to make like $20-25 after taxes, shipping, and ebay fees.  Too much hassle and risk in my opinion.  

Anyone got shipping confirmations on their NDC pairs? Ordered a pair of blue lagoons on Friday and it still says preparing to ship with an estimated delivery on the 10th. I know they're coming from the Memphis warehouse but TN has just about thawed out about now surely

Anyone got shipping confirmations on their NDC pairs? Ordered a pair of blue lagoons on Friday and it still says preparing to ship with an estimated delivery on the 10th. I know they're coming from the Memphis warehouse but TN has just about thawed out about now surely

Mine are shipping today. I ordered on Thursday.

Stopped by RRS in Paramus, NJ and there was no sign of the L3. I was hoping to try them on before buying. Side note Nike outlet store had lots of black L2s for $99! Such a boring weave compared to the 3s tho..

I got my shipping confirmation on my teal joints for my girl. They arrive Wednesday.

Man....I hope you guys getting your ID's this week post up pics asap. I seriously wonder if the multi is going to look good in person.

I will say its not terribly significant. I bought the mens exclusive cw in a 10.5 and 11. Ending up wearing the 11 but to be honest, the 10.5 wasn't that different.
Tried on some 11's today... while the 1/2 up did alleviate some of the tightness at the forefoot, I could still feel the Flywires... guess it was just not meant to be... oh well. 

Anybody's IDs out for delivery today? I ordered on launch date, and they are in Kentucky now... 2 days from delivery. So, I was thinking probably at the very least some Cali heads are receiving theirs today or tomorrow. Pics please! I'm anxious to receive mine... really hoping they look sweet.

Anybody's IDs out for delivery today? I ordered on launch date, and they are in Kentucky now... 2 days from delivery. So, I was thinking probably at the very least some Cali heads are receiving theirs today or tomorrow. Pics please! I'm anxious to receive mine... really hoping they look sweet.
I ordered on the launch date, in Cali, and they're set to deliver on Thursday.  

Sounds like Thursday is the day for most of us and our IDs. Can't wait to see all the pics!

Update: did a 4+ mile run in 3s this morning, toebox felt snug but the flyknit did stretch and mold to my wide forefoot. Kinda feared that the forefoot flywire would cut deep into my feet but it was fine. It felt quite supportive, actually. Overall I had a very comfy run in them once they felt 'broken in' after a mile/mile and a half. And they're dang light.

The flyknit will stretch and mold to your feet fairly quick under running conditions due to heat, as well as stress from pronation and impact when you mid- or forefoot-strike the ground. But I don't think it will really do so if you're just using it for walking or for casual use.
how are they compared to the previous FL 1s and 2s?

^^^Lol

As for me, my blue lagoons will be here in FL on Thursday as well. I know y'all ain't as psyched for those but if y'all want on feet pics I'd be glad to throw some up if no one else has by then

I'm glad I passed on the blue lagoons for these teals. 
happy.gif

Normally wear a men's size 10 (11.5 women's) but I had to go with a women's 11 this time. A tad tighter than I'm used to in length but nothing uncomfortable. 

Back
Top Bottom