NIKE RESTOCK 5/5/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was outside vacuuming the truck when I got the tweet from Nike. A part of me wished I just tried from my phone since I was right outside the house and on wifi already instead of droppin everything and gettin to my laptop lol. Not sure if that would've increased my chances at all. Like most members I was in line for Royals and Fear 5's then got the OOS msg. 
mean.gif
Man I was cleaning up when it went down. Bad part about is my brother gave me a heads up that it was going down with a time that was almost spot on. Slipped my mind completely. By time I got back to the computer all my tabs were waiting for me to verify images but it was too late. Good to see some people got through tho.

There are stories in here of people who copped due to having a bot - they are absolutely an issue still on NDC. The bigger issues are captcha (idea seems to be working but the implementation still has a lot of kinks), the horrendous checkout problem, and line timeouts. Eastbay, FTL, etc can manage to keep me in line for checkout but NDC can't? ****...

Last edited:
There are stories in here of people who copped due to having a bot. They are absolutely an issue still on NDC. The bigger issues are captcha (idea seems to be working but the implementation still has a lot of kinks, the horrendous checkout problem, and line timeouts. Eastbay, FTL, etc can manage to keep me in line for checkout but NDC can't? ****...

Most stories are of people having page monitors which just detect changes in a page they are assigned to look at. If nike honestly changed the links then it would level the playing field even more.

There are stories in here of people who copped due to having a bot - they are absolutely an issue still on NDC. The bigger issues are captcha (idea seems to be working but the implementation still has a lot of kinks), the horrendous checkout problem, and line timeouts. Eastbay, FTL, etc can manage to keep me in line for checkout but NDC can't? ****...

I think they already have bots for captcha. I entered the captcha probly 15 times yesterday only to get tye oos.

Most stories are of people having page monitors which just detect changes in a page they are assigned to look at. If nike honestly changed the links then it would level the playing field even more.

Right, but someone who has a bot that can try multiple sizes of a shoe still has an advantage, captcha or not. Also, Nike has shown over multiple restocks that they don't seem to even check these orders for bot usage.

disagree. if you disable the search function, it just makes it harder for the people who know what they are doing. Knowing what you are doing shouldnt be an advantage just because other people are stupid. Same with old links.. not talkin about pm tho.

most people who had bots had them before eveyrone knew what a bot was... people had bots during yeezy 2 solar/plats release... i think anyone who has the ability and takes the time out to program a bot for the pics is probably smart enough to not resell lol.

i do agree the waiting in line thing is suspect. if u have bad internet connection im sur eu get screwed

Right, but someone who has a bot that can try multiple sizes of a shoe still has an advantage, captcha or not. Also, Nike has shown over multiple restocks that they don't seem to even check these ordersthis for bot usage.
this is true. gets you in line quicker or at least to the capta screen quicker.

disagree. if you disable the search function, it just makes it harder for the people who know what they are doing. Knowing what you are doing shouldnt be an advantage just because other people are stupid. Same with old links.. not talkin about pm tho.
naw... the page monitors are set to the previous release unless someone that knows the URL pattern and finds the link earlier... either way, knowing the link definitely gives a huge advantage. no one is really searching for product by ID when a restock happens. Regular users are clicking the images from the nike link.

most people who had bots had them before eveyrone knew what a bot was... people had bots during yeezy 2 solar/plats release... i think anyone who has the ability and takes the time out to program a bot for the pics is probably smart enough to not resell lol.
i do agree the waiting in line thing is suspect. if u have bad internet connection im sur eu get screwed
agree bots were existing way before hand but dont agree that people arent flipping because people found out money is to be made without even buying the product... and you know, where there's money to be made.............

Right, but someone who has a bot that can try multiple sizes of a shoe still has an advantage, captcha or not. Also, Nike has shown over multiple restocks that they don't seem to even check these orders for bot usage.
It'd be a hassle to do so fa real. So many people are using bots nowadays it'd be pointless and imagine the time it would take. Once someone figures out how to do Auto captcha.....its over smh.

I had the FR-V saved in my browser, as soon as that Tweet went out I went straight to the V page, for the win.
I've never used a bot, and That V was the only shoe in the last several years I didn't get (that i wanted).
I blame that RD loss on the plane I was flying in (i couldn't get online).
Rectified.

Last edited:
I had the FR-V saved in my browser, as soon as that Tweet went out I went straight to the V page. Done.
I've never used a bot, and That V was the only shoe in the last several years I didn't get (that i wanted).
I blame that L on the plane I was flying in.
Rectified.
lol so did you get them or not, not following

I had the FR-V saved in my browser, as soon as that Tweet went out I went straight to the V page. Done.
I blame that L on the plane I was flying in.
Rectified.
lol so did you get them or not, not following

he got them this time by going to the saved link. mentioned how he took the L during the last release due to being on a plane.

My bad, by "Done" I meant I was home free...
At the same time that was one of the easiest shoes on the restock to get.
So my target wasn't so difficult to hit.

Can't believe I missed this restock. Was online camping for nightshade 11's at 6:00 (which I failed at btw) and then left for the Pacers game at 6:30 :smh: Didn't even cross my mind to check my Twitter.

Also, quick question. If I turn on the mobile alerts for when Nike tweets something is that done through twitter settings and does it cost me money?

People were already in line for shoes before the tweet went out...so that's 1 reason why you couldn't cop. You're next hope was that crash a few minutes after 730 and that someone couldn't complete their checkout. Also depends on the sz you went after...all I see are people posting 10, 10.5 and 11 and that one 13.5 LOL

Last edited:
Can't believe I missed this restock. Was online camping for nightshade 11's at 6:00 (which I failed at btw) and then left for the Pacers game at 6:30 :smh: Didn't even cross my mind to check my Twitter.

Also, quick question. If I turn on the mobile alerts for when Nike tweets something is that done through twitter settings and does it cost me money?

Turn on notifications thought twitter or you can text something like @nikestore on to 404-4. Google enable twitter notifications.

Will only cost you what you'd pay for texts.

Again, i dont see how using the OLD link is an unfair advantage. Nike does this probably to give people an advantage. Its not exactly brain surgery to know to try the old link. Kind of ridiculous to say that using an old link gives people an unfair advantage. At the end of the day, a lot of people want these things to fall in theur laps and it doesnt work that way. Changing things that already make sense for those people is like swimming up river.

And u can leave pm's out of this. Those arent an unfair advantage when everyone can do it.

Last edited:
Was able to grab a few via my phone.

Like the Yeezy drop, again last night I was looking at my phone at the right time. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom