NIKE TO REPLACE REEBOK FOR NFL LICENSE VOL. WE WIN!!!

New Era being able to make NFL hats again is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

however i'm like whatever about another monopoly getting the exclusive NFL contract.  no competition means crappy quality authentic jerseys regardless of who's making them.

reebok did everything they possibly could to screw up though, crappy quality jerseys with the prices increasing every year.

if nike gets the contract and lowers the prices and steps the quality up this could be a very good thing though.

New Era being able to make NFL hats again is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

however i'm like whatever about another monopoly getting the exclusive NFL contract.  no competition means crappy quality authentic jerseys regardless of who's making them.

reebok did everything they possibly could to screw up though, crappy quality jerseys with the prices increasing every year.

if nike gets the contract and lowers the prices and steps the quality up this could be a very good thing though.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Nike was given a chance before Adidas took over, and they passed.  They don't see profit in selling NBA gear, they make enough money with the products they already have on the court (shoes).  They saw marketing individual NBA players as being more profitable.  From what I remember, Nike only wanted to outfit the teams it oufitted before (Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, etc.), not the small market teams.

NBA said no, Nike passed.

And then Adidas ruined the NBA Jersey as we know it.

I hope not a single Revolution 30 Jersey sells and the NBA somehow gets out of that 11 year deal with Adidas.

Then Nike can step in and fix things.
The last five years have been a debacle, but (aside from the teams that now sport v-necks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) the Revolution 30 jerseys are great.

Adidas is finally on the right track with materials and construction.

And go figure, they raise the authentic price by $100 in a market where nobody cares about jerseys.

Then again, they striped out the refs, so anything is possible.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Nike was given a chance before Adidas took over, and they passed.  They don't see profit in selling NBA gear, they make enough money with the products they already have on the court (shoes).  They saw marketing individual NBA players as being more profitable.  From what I remember, Nike only wanted to outfit the teams it oufitted before (Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Celtics, etc.), not the small market teams.

NBA said no, Nike passed.

And then Adidas ruined the NBA Jersey as we know it.

I hope not a single Revolution 30 Jersey sells and the NBA somehow gets out of that 11 year deal with Adidas.

Then Nike can step in and fix things.
The last five years have been a debacle, but (aside from the teams that now sport v-necks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) the Revolution 30 jerseys are great.

Adidas is finally on the right track with materials and construction.

And go figure, they raise the authentic price by $100 in a market where nobody cares about jerseys.

Then again, they striped out the refs, so anything is possible.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

NFL Hyper Elite Jerseys ??
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Can Nike just buy out the Adidas NBA contract or something??
Will never happen.  As previously stated a thousand times before, Nike was pretty much offered the NBA deal on a silver platter and they kindly rejected it.  They only opted to take on the USA Jersey contract.  As previously mentioned in this post and others, the NBA contract is a bad investment.  Adidas only took it on because they are big enough to take a loses, and they wanted to have a bigger footprint in the NBA.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

NFL Hyper Elite Jerseys ??
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Can Nike just buy out the Adidas NBA contract or something??
Will never happen.  As previously stated a thousand times before, Nike was pretty much offered the NBA deal on a silver platter and they kindly rejected it.  They only opted to take on the USA Jersey contract.  As previously mentioned in this post and others, the NBA contract is a bad investment.  Adidas only took it on because they are big enough to take a loses, and they wanted to have a bigger footprint in the NBA.

Originally Posted by mextra45

I know it wont happen but a NFL pro Combat jersey
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  First thing I thought of when I read the link...  
eek.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

damn im more hyped about the new era news...

FINALLY!  New Era Charger fitted = COPPED!

Back
Top Bottom