NIKE TO REPLACE REEBOK FOR NFL LICENSE VOL. WE WIN!!!

new era 5950 49ers

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

New Era being able to make NFL hats again is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

however i'm like whatever about another monopoly getting the exclusive NFL contract.  no competition means crappy quality authentic jerseys regardless of who's making them.

reebok did everything they possibly could to screw up though, crappy quality jerseys with the prices increasing every year.

if nike gets the contract and lowers the prices and steps the quality up this could be a very good thing though.
Sadly this will still be the case for jerseys but customers can expect better merchandise on things like tshirts and the like because those licenses will be split by multiple companies. The only reason why Nike was able to swoop in and pick up this contract was because of the lawsuit filed by a company called American Needle claiming that Reebok had established a monopoly because they were exclusive. The only other company making apparel was a company called VF but they were very limited in what they could produce. Even Mitchell and Ness had been purchased by Reebok. By doing this, the NFL was forced to divide up exclusive rights to their merchandise. While Nike will be making the onfield apparel as well as jerseys, other companies like Reebok, VF, American Needle, and even smaller companies will still be doing things like t-shirts, polos, etc. This verdict was a major loss for Reebok; they are going to lose alot of money but the consumers win and that's what matters anyway.  

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

however i'm like whatever about another monopoly getting the exclusive NFL contract.  no competition means crappy quality authentic jerseys regardless of who's making them.

reebok did everything they possibly could to screw up though, crappy quality jerseys with the prices increasing every year.

if nike gets the contract and lowers the prices and steps the quality up this could be a very good thing though.
Sadly this will still be the case for jerseys but customers can expect better merchandise on things like tshirts and the like because those licenses will be split by multiple companies. The only reason why Nike was able to swoop in and pick up this contract was because of the lawsuit filed by a company called American Needle claiming that Reebok had established a monopoly because they were exclusive. The only other company making apparel was a company called VF but they were very limited in what they could produce. Even Mitchell and Ness had been purchased by Reebok. By doing this, the NFL was forced to divide up exclusive rights to their merchandise. While Nike will be making the onfield apparel as well as jerseys, other companies like Reebok, VF, American Needle, and even smaller companies will still be doing things like t-shirts, polos, etc. This verdict was a major loss for Reebok; they are going to lose alot of money but the consumers win and that's what matters anyway.  

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Reebok's contract was up... Nike outbid them for the rights.. the case had little to do with this change (maybe only in the fact that Adidas was less willing to offer more money)

Most merch you will see will still be Nike, I dont expect those percentages to change...

I also think the quality will improve, given how much better the Nike NCAA jerseys are to the NFL Premiere

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Reebok's contract was up... Nike outbid them for the rights.. the case had little to do with this change (maybe only in the fact that Adidas was less willing to offer more money)

Most merch you will see will still be Nike, I dont expect those percentages to change...

I also think the quality will improve, given how much better the Nike NCAA jerseys are to the NFL Premiere

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just think that if the case hadn't been an issue, Reebok would've outbid Nike for the contract at least in my opinion. I could be wrong but Reebok knew this was one of the only contracts keeping that company afloat so I think they would've been more aggressive in the bidding. Who knows though, that's pretty much a dead issue now. In the last couple of years, Reebok had gotten way too complacent and their designs for NFL product definitely was showing it. The designs were pretty much staying the same from season to season with only subtle differences in the clothing; don't even get me started on the quality. Their quality control was horrible, especially on the jersey production. If you look at the collegiate apparel Nike makes, it's miles better than the stuff Reebok was putting out for the NFL. To me, the change is good I just feel sorry for my Reebok rep because he will def be seeing less money from this move.

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just think that if the case hadn't been an issue, Reebok would've outbid Nike for the contract at least in my opinion. I could be wrong but Reebok knew this was one of the only contracts keeping that company afloat so I think they would've been more aggressive in the bidding. Who knows though, that's pretty much a dead issue now. In the last couple of years, Reebok had gotten way too complacent and their designs for NFL product definitely was showing it. The designs were pretty much staying the same from season to season with only subtle differences in the clothing; don't even get me started on the quality. Their quality control was horrible, especially on the jersey production. If you look at the collegiate apparel Nike makes, it's miles better than the stuff Reebok was putting out for the NFL. To me, the change is good I just feel sorry for my Reebok rep because he will def be seeing less money from this move.

New Era, the on-field supplier of MLB caps, would become the supplier of NFL caps as well, the first time in their history that they've had an on-field deal with the NFL.

pimp.gif
NFL fitteds

andre johnson jersey + texans fitted

i hope nike has some sick jackets and apparel too

New Era, the on-field supplier of MLB caps, would become the supplier of NFL caps as well, the first time in their history that they've had an on-field deal with the NFL.

pimp.gif
NFL fitteds

andre johnson jersey + texans fitted

i hope nike has some sick jackets and apparel too

Originally Posted by mextra45

I know it wont happen but a NFL pro Combat jersey
eek.gif

Dont worry...the pro combats are coming to the NFL.

From Business Week....

[h1]Nike Awarded NFL Apparel License, Replacing Reebok[/h1]October 12, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
By Matt Townsend

(Updates shares in fifth paragraph.)

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nike Inc., the world’s largest sporting-goods provider, will replace Reebok as the maker of National Football League-branded apparel and uniforms in a bid to drive sales growth in its largest market.

NFL owners approved a licensing deal with Nike that will begin in 2012, the league said in an e-mailed statement today. Reebok, which was acquired by Adidas AG in 2006, has held the license since 2001. The agreement will last five seasons, Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail.

Nike continues to rely on growth from emerging markets and China after revenue from Europe and the U.S., its largest market, slowed during the recession. Sales of the Nike brand in North America have rebounded in the past three quarters and the deal with the NFL will give it a boost, said Charlie Denson, president of the Nike brand.

“Partnering with the NFL really puts us in a position where we can continue to fuel the growth in the United States,

Originally Posted by mextra45

I know it wont happen but a NFL pro Combat jersey
eek.gif

Dont worry...the pro combats are coming to the NFL.

From Business Week....

[h1]Nike Awarded NFL Apparel License, Replacing Reebok[/h1]October 12, 2010, 4:18 PM EDT
By Matt Townsend

(Updates shares in fifth paragraph.)

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nike Inc., the world’s largest sporting-goods provider, will replace Reebok as the maker of National Football League-branded apparel and uniforms in a bid to drive sales growth in its largest market.

NFL owners approved a licensing deal with Nike that will begin in 2012, the league said in an e-mailed statement today. Reebok, which was acquired by Adidas AG in 2006, has held the license since 2001. The agreement will last five seasons, Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail.

Nike continues to rely on growth from emerging markets and China after revenue from Europe and the U.S., its largest market, slowed during the recession. Sales of the Nike brand in North America have rebounded in the past three quarters and the deal with the NFL will give it a boost, said Charlie Denson, president of the Nike brand.

“Partnering with the NFL really puts us in a position where we can continue to fuel the growth in the United States,

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i hope nike will be making jerseys in sizes that dont look like dresses on non-obese dudes.

Ditto.  If you're normal/average size or really thin the current jerseys suck big time.  They just run too damn big.  Even for stuff like the sideline polo shirts, the sizing is really f__ked up and those run huge as well.  I can fit into a size small in those and I still think the sleeves are way too long.

Back
Top Bottom