Niketalk, Thinking Of Just Voluntary Surrendering aka soft repo the KIA vol worst decision of my lif

Your best bet is to drive it to the hood and leave the key in the ignition. These banks aren't ethical to begin with

Don't buy Korean if you want a car to hold its value. Get a toyota/lexus

What exactly makes a bank unethical about agreeing to give someone the money they need to purchase the car and expecting it to be repaid in the agreed upon time frame at the agreed upon rate?

OP you realize even if you commit insurance fraud, if your insurance doesn't cover the entire amount of the loan balance you're still liable for the remainder.
gap insurance bruh

:rofl: cat dropped damn near $40k on a Kia with zero down and a 7 year loan.

You can't make this **** up. People are dumb stupid when it comes to money.

Already has 30k+ miles too. Lol

Last edited:
:rofl: cat dropped damn near $40k on a Kia with zero down and a 7 year loan.

You can't make this **** up. People are dumb stupid when it comes to money.

Already has 30k+ miles too. Lol

It's one of those live and learn things man. I'm sure the OP was excited to get the car he wanted.

I can't believe Kia really pushing whips for 30K plus tho.

I'm sorry but if you need 84 months to pay off a car, you can't afford that car.

I don't even understand how they're allowed to offer car loans that long, it seems unethical to me.

Anyway, live and learn, OP.

Actually 72. I didn't finance the full amount. They were offering up to 7yr finances to try to put me in another one, with no trade in. I could carry 2 new car payments, but nah, since it also doesn't really solve the problem of the Optima being too small for my current needs.

Whoops, my math sucks.

Anyway, 72/84... you can't afford the car, it's a suckers loan.

I'm about to come kick it in the river for you because I feel bad.

Aside from the price tag, what's so bad about a fully loaded whip though?
if you debadged them or blindfolded kats and made them drive them they wouldn't eem know. That Hyundai Genesis too, suffers the same extreme depreciation problem though

Loaded kia's are actually nice

Majority of NT knows nothing about cars other than day dreaming about benz and bimmers

Since you have a clearance if you're considering it I would give your security office a heads up and tell them why you're doing it. A co worker of mine who was upside down on his house told them he was about to stop paying on the house and kept them updated along the way. Eventually the house foreclosed but he still has a TS. So I assume it worked out.

Lol just because the car looks very nice doesn't mean it's worth the price as he is seeing now. Gotta look at the entire picture. At the end of the day it's still a Kia I'd rather be in a fully loaded honda lol holds value well too.

Working in the car business, keep the car and refinance later on down the line.

Still haven't seen exactly why the Kia doesn't work for OP's "current needs"..What do you need to do in a vehicle that a fully loaded, 4-door car can't meet?..

Datz you & the saga with this Kia man :lol: All I can say is do your research before you buy, dealers are almost at the top of my list for worst humans ever.

You gon be alright OP, if it makes u feel any better, I'm upside down on an '07 Suzuki XL7 with a possible transmission problem and crappy credit... Still got $4k to pay off on it and can't afford to make extra payments. You overpaid but it sounds like a reliable car.

Still haven't seen exactly why the Kia doesn't work for OP's "current needs"..What do you need to do in a vehicle that a fully loaded, 4-door car can't meet?..

This
Got the hybrid because I used to drive to OKC so often due to my girlfriend living there and being pregnant and all that, not going to be the case anymore so hopefully this year won't put so many miles on it. Trunk is useless, it;s already small but the hing was designed in such a way it protrudes into the space effectively making it smaller and it'll either not close or crush the contents if you fill the trunk up.

Rumor has it we are going to have a harsh winter (doubt it), so I thought it'd be a good time for me to get into the 4wd/awd suv game.

I would still easily recommend the car to a friend, just don't get the hybrid, and you can get the same level of features I got for half the price or less then you're looking at ~$200 payments. Some of those turbos and gdis :wow: 17s just dropped so you'll be able to get a new 16 for like 16k soon

Last edited:
Next time you buy, buy CPO. Throw some money down and you'll likely never be upside down.

Personally, I'll never buy another brand new car again. Just doesn't make financial sense for me.

Personally, I'll never buy another brand new car again. Just doesn't make financial sense for me.

Used is the way to go. If you're patient you can find a car that's damn near new with low miles for about 2/3s of what it goes for new.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom