no meat may?

Damn. I want to participate... but I just rediscovered hamburgers recently
frown.gif

the deliciousness-to-healthyness correlation is too high to give up red meat for a month

It's not that hard as long as you keep dairy in your diet. You won't really notice the difference. Now going vegan, that's another story. I did that for a month. THat was brutal.

summer just started.
Live in Texas.
Mexican household.

aint no !@#@$!# way its possible.

i've been red meat free for about a year now but a month ago, I just had the craving for a steak so I did that.
been eating red meat since then (esp burgers, bacon, and burgers with bacon).  Need to stop so I'm in.

Good thread. 

Originally Posted by RawSheed

the deliciousness-to-healthyness correlation is too high to give up red meat for a month
...you must be eating organic... wish I could afford to do the same
tired.gif
tired.gif

...meat from outside places (esp fastfood) is hardly real meat- with the hormones and other things added, only about 40% of what you are eating is actually real.

Originally Posted by shogun

The weather is getting nice and I just bought a new grill.  Barbecue season and giving up red meat is a no go.

This.

OP pretty much chose the worst month to try this

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

It's not that hard as long as you keep dairy in your diet. You won't really notice the difference. Now going vegan, that's another story. I did that for a month. THat was brutal.
I disagree. I gave up red meat and beer for Lent. It was awful. I missed red meat way before I started missing beer.

so chicken is ok? if so then I'm in if not then hell naw broke folks can't afford vegetables yeen know?

I did it in March, pretty easy.

Only kind of meat I ate was tuna.

Felt great at the end of the month.

May is bbq time though, so thats a no go lol

stopped consuming pork, red meat, & cow's milk around the same time i gave up fast food almost 3 years ago.
slowly on my way to becoming a vegetarian
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom