NT, Best Book you've read

Originally Posted by H1GhStar

night
pimp.gif
Great book...but really? Using the
pimp.gif
emoticon for a booklike this?
grin.gif

Ok bro, read The Road and Edgar Sawtelle.
pimp.gif

I think the authors are McCarthy and Wroblowski?

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

Paradise Lost

The Divine Comedy
As much as I love Paradise Lost, this book can only be appreciated in the classroom. This isn't a pick up for fun book, instead a carefulanalysis of what literature should be.

Paradise Lost

The Divine Comedy

Boom Shakalaka

They are both as epic as epic can be.

When it comes to non fiction, I would Say Guns, Germs and Steel.

The Family by Mario Puzo.
Granted, I'm not much of a reader and haven't read many of the "classics".. but this book is just pure awesome filth..

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. It's short & the only book I've read more than once.
eek.gif

i was gonna say the exact same thing...

this is freaky...

anyway, if you want a book that could induce self-transformation
and a new perspective about the many facets of life, this is the book.
Available free courtesy of Project Gutenberg.. http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2500

Roots
The darkest evening
John grisham books
tale of two cities
Einstein his life and universe
Donald trumps book forgot the name, but was one of his best sellers

I don't usually like reading or enjoy it but I have to say that Da Vinci Code was enjoyable

My favorite has to be
Fahrenheit 451....Any other Good dystopian novels?...... I have read

Animal Farm and The Time Machine

which are also good books

Too many to list. Different books inspire my life in different ways..be it educational, inspiring, improving myself, etc.

Originally Posted by PhilthyFill

Originally Posted by Burn916

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.
Kafka on the Shore. It's by the same author.
These guys know that they're talking about. Check these books out, you won't regret it.

Also, since you just read 1984, you've got to check out Animal Farm if you haven't already done so.

I'm surprised Lord of the Rings hasn't been mentioned, especially with the Harry Potter responses. It's a chore, however, once you get into it youcan't put it down. A lot different and better than the films as well. Tuesdays With Morrie is next...

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Paradise Lost

The Divine Comedy
As much as I love Paradise Lost, this book can only be appreciated in the classroom. This isn't a pick up for fun book, instead a careful analysis of what literature should be.
Well, its much appreciated by me because of my religion...not for analysis of literature. I'm not a English major.

but i see what your saying..

Originally Posted by NJstress03

catcher in the rye
So easy to read, yet I got so much out of it. I've probably read it five or six times.

Also, The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. I truly believe O'Brien is one of the best authors currentlyalive.

Back
Top Bottom