NT, Do You Pay Everything On First Date? Vol: Am I Cheap?

Originally Posted by biff lawson

I can see where your coming from with the 50/50 but I've never been brave enough to do so

like I can't ask a girl out like lets go to a movie (or whatever it may be) and get there and be like

"yo that'll be $10.50"
laugh.gif

It all depends on the type of female. Some earn more dates then others. If she doesn't offer to pay or take you out after the third date then she's selfish.

Also telling a girl to pay half on the first date is suicide unless she's looks like a beast and you don't care.

I pay for the first few dates.... but the first few dates aint gonna be anything that'll break my pockets

I would like the chick to offer to pay her half... i wouldnt let her, but the offer would be nice

With my first "serious" gf we only went out occasionally so I didn't have to worry about that. But..I mean it makes sense to pay for the first few dates. But I don't want to be paying for every date..seems simpish to me. I never had to deal with it but how would you make that transition lmao

To answer the OP, Yes, you are cheap if that is even a thought.

If you need to even think about it, you probably shouldn't be asking this girl out in the first place.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

If you really like the girl and you wanna keep her... you gotta pay for eveything.
roll.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If she's doing her thing and she wants to pay (yes, these females do exist), then it's w/e.[/color]
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

If you really like the girl and you wanna keep her... you gotta pay for eveything.
you need to rephrase that statement
grin.gif
laugh.gif
It doesn't sound right

This is why you take the girl somewhere relatively inexpensive

-you dont know if she's a psycho
-you dont know if she has a man
-you dont know what her MO is...

I've done starbucks and pizza and its been fine because i know how to talk.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

This is why you take the girl somewhere relatively inexpensive

-you dont know if she's a psycho
-you dont know if she has a man
-you dont know what her MO is...

I've done starbucks and pizza and its been fine because i know how to talk.
If you got a good mouth piece you can just invite her over and talk to her, order a pizza and watch a movie

i don't mind paying as long as the girl seems appreciative. I love it when a girl offers to go dutch on the first date even though I don't let them. Shows they aren't a stuck up %@@!%. I'll let them pay the 2nd time around though and we'll just go back n forth after that.

i expect for everything to be paid, but will still offer, regardless. leave it up to him to either accept my $ or lol @ me for even attempting to pay.
i always insist on paying tip, though.

F That, females talkin bout all this independent woman, it's the new millennium, I can support myself I don't need a man buIIshlt. They azs can pay for their half of the meal too just like an independent adult woman should
pr0phecy718 wrote:
biff lawson wrote:
I can see where your coming from with the 50/50 but I've never been brave enough to do so

like I can't ask a girl out like lets go to a movie (or whatever it may be) and get there and be like

"yo that'll be $10.50"

laugh.gif

grin.gif
 you're kidding me right??? dude in this case a closed mouth ends up paying for everything. Tell these females that the first date is all on you (if you know you're going to be seeing this girl for a while and a 2nd date will eventually happen) and you tell her the 2nd date she's gonna take you out simple as that. I can't believe some of you guys
smh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I don't believe in the whole guy paying for everything mindset.

First date: 50/50

Then if it went well and it looks like we'd go on a few more, I'd take him out and then he take me out for the next. I like to keep it all even.

Ive seen many girls say this (especially on NT), Im pretty sure most dont actually follow thrugh with it.

Jussayin.

As for me, I always pay. We'd have to be a few dates in before I start letting her put any money into dates.

I expect a man to pay for the first date, but I expect a first date to be something short and cheap, or even free if it's creative - coffee & dessert, ice cream & a walk, cheap/free museum, etc. If we start dating regularly, I'll come out of my pocket to spend time with a guy and do what I really want to do - "You paid for dinner? I've got the movie" "You drove an hour to see me? Let me buy/make you an amazing breakfast. You like chicken-fried steak?" "Thanks for taking me out to see that weird show you wanted to see. I really want to go to the opera now(real talk, lol), I know it's not your thing so I'll take care of your ticket."

Depends on the girl, the date, whether I feel like it, and whether I can afford it.. but for the most part, no. Am I against it? Of course not. If I want her time, I'll pay for it initially, but there's gotta be something in it for me. It doesn't have to be sex... initially. It can just be some QT....initially. But QT costs way less than sex; she better know that. QT costs the same as 3 gallons of gas and a dvd. I won't overdraft my account just to kick it, +@#%# you crazy....

Depends on how you met
Depends on how much interaction you guys have had before the official "date"
Depends on who asked whom

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

F That, females talkin bout all this independent woman, it's the new millennium, I can support myself I don't need a man bs. They ss can pay for their half of the meal too just like an independent adult woman should
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I don't really do the half/half thing.. it seems stupid to me "Uh yeah, your portion is xyz"[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'll always pay for the date etc, cool.. But if shorty WANTS to pay and we doing some tug of war type +$%$, I'll let her. I mean, is it really that serious? At the same time, like you said FlyJr22, chicks wanna be on that "I'm independent etc etc" cool, don't  half !%! it, pay for the entire meal.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Chicks will always "offer" in which case I'll say "Nah, I got it" (actually, I had one chick who didn't even offer but things went sour anyway.. broke chicks FTL).. but if you're forcing the payment, then go ahead. Plain and simple.[/color]

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

^the first two doesnt matter, Nelson.
It does in my book.
If the first 2 matter, then it probably isn't someone you should be asking out on a date in the first place.  Or asking out just yet until you talk to them some more.

Back
Top Bottom