NT I GOT SCAMMED (got my money back) mods lock

Ok NT I really need your help/advice 
So I sold a pair of kobes to this NTer/ISS'r Name (tonydoe) for $310 (gift) so I told him to PM me his address so he does. So once I received  the the money I shipped the next day  I PM him his tracking number and everything never heard back from him since then.  Next thing I checked my email and got a message from another guy (Devin) saying if I have his tracking number for his lebron 9 asg and I message him back saying you got the wrong guy that  I was the guy selling the kobes asg so after a few back and forth messages I found out that tony was selling a pair of lebron asg on iss and this guy that iv been talking to (Devin ) offered him $310 for the lebrons and Tony told him to send the $310 to my paypal account in which I thought it was Tony that send me the money so now Devin  is disputing a paypal case and paypal has now got my money on hold so is there anything I could do ? I already send the shoes to Tonys address and checked the tracking number and found out that he received the shoes yesterday morning. I also checked his feedbak on iss and found out that he scammed another guy.So I  talked to the other victim  and Devin and now we are working on finding this guy 

his info he send me 

7965 sw 146 ct
miami fl 

the info he send to the other guy he scammed on ISS

Alex Delaruz
14971 SW 46 Terrace
Miami, FL 33185

so NT please any help on what I can do?
frown.gif

update I got my money but dude needs to pay for what he did

7965 sw 146 ct
miami fl

the info he send to the other guy he scammed on ISS
Alex Delaruz
14971 SW 46 Terrace
Miami, FL 33185

so NT please any help on what I can do?

just so you don't edit it when things get good.

In for epicness.

i get it

so scammer sold a false pair to person A
Person A sends money to OP assuming its the scammer
Person A gets no sneakers and files a dispute against scammer, who is actually OP. It should be against the scammer
Scammer leaves with sneakers , Person A gets no sneakers, OP gets his $310 but it's not really his.

damb this is new

I just need advice Can the police do anything ? Im going to call paypal in the morning but can they help me get the shoes or still keep the money? anyone had something like this happen to them?

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i get it

Person A gets no sneakers and files a dispute against scammer, who is actually OP. It should be against the scammer
Scammer leaves with sneakers , Person A gets no sneakers, OP gets his $310 but it's not really his.

damb this is new

yup.......and the only person to be screwed out of this entire thing will be the OP, since he never sent the person that actually sent him the money the shoes.
this is why i never do the gift thing unless its a reputable nt`er that ive either dealt with, or know of some people that HAVE dealt with them....................

OP, you`re screwed........nothing you can do from this point brah..............just take the L and do as you wish

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i get it

damb this is new
thanks for the cliff notes

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

well damb. innovative scum.

Yeah. I aint never seen that scam before. That is some scary thing. Never seen anything quite like that before in my life.

Always go by the confirmed Paypal address.

I have to admit that this is some clever stuff.

laugh.gif
scammer is smart.

Am I the only one who gets excited when an "NT help, I got Scammed" thread pops up?

Goodness scammer knew what he was doing. Good luck finding him OP, looks like you gotta be bout that life to get your stuff back.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

laugh.gif
scammer is smart.

Am I the only one who gets excited when an "NT help, I got Scammed" thread pops up?

nope, i get a tingly feeling inside when i know it's time to go to the microwave and start making popcorn

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

laugh.gif
scammer is smart.

Me too!
When I saw the thread I was just about ready to post "oh...this thread again
eyes.gif
 "

However, it is apparent this is much juicer than the average scam. 

This scammer is a mastermind. An architect. I'm very impressed! 

Hope you catch him, tho. 

To switch things up here for a minute; being the buy/sell guide here on NT - I actually hoped no one would fall victim to this type of scam. This can easily be manipulated. Communication is vital when selling something. Part of the reason why I've created a new rule for myself: Never deal with any member whom I've never dealt with before; and also avoid any buyer who's new to this sneaker buying.
OP to be honest my man - there isn't much you can do in this situation. You can plead your case to Paypal but because of how this scam unfolded, it makes you look like the bad guy. Somewhere along the lines of this scam, the communication wasn't exactly where it should have been.
Ways to avoid this:

-AVOID SENDING AS GIFT.

-Always make sure you communicate with the buyer - I always have the buyer confirm the address that it's being sent to that's on paypal.

-Request to have an agreement thread prior to the funds getting sent. (So you know exactly what's on the table before the hand-shake takes place).

-Never deal with ISS people. 

Period.

Scammers stepping their game up now
30t6p3b.gif
That was pretty damn smart. Can't front.

i mean, if the payment was sent as the gift then shouldn't the seller be safe? there's no binding contract in terms of a transaction for gifts are there?

in either case, i would have cleared the money into my bank account before senidng

Wow That was a smart scam Thats new to me. The scammer deserves a hand clap. Sorry Op nothing to do but take the L he got you play on playa

Back
Top Bottom