NT I GOT SCAMMED (got my money back) mods lock

It's only a matter of time before more people adopt this.

From now on OP, and anyone else who sells sneakers, transfer the funds to your bank account and wait until the money is in there.

Then, and only then, you ship.

That way if a dispute is filed then your paypal has a negative balance, but you still have your money in your bank account.

Either do the above or at the very least send an email to the email address on the paypal payment to confirm the details of the purchase, and then ship.

This is why you only send to confirmed addresses. I decline a deal all together if the address does not match.

Inever heard of anyone doing this. Thats why I sell on ebay or facebook where your name matches your paypal email.

AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Will be trying this out .

Some of you are not reading right smh...
OP received payment as a gift. He did not send money. My questions is if he received payment as gift, how can paypay put a hold on it?

This is a smart scam, though. No offense OP.

its the same person.

If he sent it as gift, paypal will tell him to kick rocks. NO INVESTIGATION, nada from paypal.

He's bsin you bro. Only way he gets his money back is through his cc/bank acct. And they reverse it immediately.

The guy who you sent the shoes to and the guy who never got his shoes, same guy, different roles.

I've been scammed myself before and your probably mad and frustrated but there's nothing you can do. I took a loss and I'm pretty sure your on the same boat. Either way keep us updated.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Ways to avoid this:

-AVOID SENDING AS GIFT.

-Always make sure you communicate with the buyer - I always have the buyer confirm the address that it's being sent to that's on paypal.

-Request to have an agreement thread prior to the funds getting sent. (So you know exactly what's on the table before the hand-shake takes place).

-Never deal with ISS people. 

Period.
So great points

- I agree to avoid sending as a gift at all cost, i never understood why people actual do it since there are no benefits for the buyer
- Again i agree with you again, but i try to do my communication through ebay especially if im receiving payment through paypal. Why? because i have had people file a claim before but paypal checked my ebay messages and saw what was discussed.
- Never deal with people from ISS is a little extreme. Why cut out a large segment of the sneaker community? Just be careful and use their feedback system. You can get scammed on Ebay, ISS, NT or any other forum, if you dont pay attention to warning signs

The way you avoid all problems is to add a credit card to your PayPal account and always pay with it. I have sent payment as gift through my cc to buyers and received my money back when a few dudes tried to scam me. Don't know who came up with the lie that once you send as gift you can't get your money back myth but it is false. With a cc the difference is that they take out their share of 4% anyway for the PayPal fees anyway so it's pointless to send as gift. Do not send using your bank account so you can be better protected by your cc provider

Damn..... that's one good scammer. Can't knock that kind of hussle. OP you done goof'd.

THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL +%* !!!!!!

You goofed when you sent it as a gift. Straight played yourself then. Ain't +%* you can do OP. Sorry

I don't understand why you guys keep saying op just needs to take an L. He RECEIVED the payment as a gift. OP, your good. Let the idiot that sent it as a gift worry about finding the scammer

So it's only Devin that sent you money...and that was as a gift?  I didn't realize a gift payment could be disputed/case opened.

Otherwise, isn't it really just Devin that's screwed in this situation?  Scammer got his kicks, OP got his money, Devin got nothing.  Of course, if Devin wins the PayPal case, OP is screwed.

Either way, scammer left 2 dudes in a %#*%#! situation over a scam for a single item.  Wrong, but kind of impressive how he pulled it off so far.

so another NTer just PM me and he also got scammed by the same person he told me he called miami PD so right now all i can do is wait. So NT sellers and buyers try to learn from this so this wont happen to any of yall

Back
Top Bottom