NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Anyone know of any spots in North Jersey that sell single bottles or "build" a 6 pack?

I have some stuff I want to try but not buy a 6 pack of something I may not like :nerd:

I have no clue if there is one in North Jersey, but Total Wine lets you build your own or buy singles.
http://www.totalwine.com/eng/Store-Locator

That place is heaven. I average about an hour in that place on each visit. Between the beer and the hard liquor, it is a great place. The one by me sells cigars also.

-J-

4 stores in Jersey.

Last edited:

I'm jelly

Jelly as well. Only place I know that carries FBS gets so little supply that it's out when I get there.

Will trade for Parabola.  Srs.

Yea?

2ps2jnn.jpg

j/k this pic's a year old and i've drank 1, given away 1, and will be keeping 1 til next year

TEN FIDY, where are you!?

I picked up yet another Late 2012 TEN FIDY 4 pack. I couldn't resist. No one is buying this stuff.. It ages so well in those refrigerated store shelves. It appears that it should be hitting store shelves any week now for their 2013 release (a couple weeks back their breweries in CO and NC had release parties for it). Stouts age so darn well off the shelve. The price doesn't lower. But unlike other styles, I feel okay dropping money on a quality "old" stout.

I am highly tempted to sit down one evenings with some remaining Founders Breakfast Stout, a bomber of Stone RIS, and some Ten Fidy. How long would that night last lol? A night to forget?
-------------------
Octoberfest's are on the upswing around the nation. I have a smaller Septemberfest that I will be attending Saturday that I will try to talk about in full detail.

Finally decided to crack this one open.  Bottled April 2012.  Pours a golden yellow color with a faint, effervescent head that dissipates quickly. I find the nose a little off-putting on this beer.  Smells almost like champagne.  However, the taste doesn't match the nose. The tripel sweetness hits you at the front of the tongue, but once the beer gets to the middle of the mouth it's taken over by bourbon/vanilla/oak flavors.  Has a satisfying alcohol warmth at the end.  Undecided as to whether or not I'd buy this again.  It's not bad, but I'm just not a fan of Belgians, really.  I'd rate this as my favorite tripel, but I'd also rate it as one of my least favorite bourbon barrel aged beers that I've tried. 8.33/10

22%? Yikes.. I may have to try and brew up a really big beer before I go about buying one. They can't be cheap lol.

Today had a change of plans. After seeing which beers would be at a septemberfest sampling, we decided not to go, and instead go to another brewery for lunch/beer. Started with some fried pickles, and chicken n' waffles for my food. For beer, I sampled a chocolate porter and the espresso cask version of the chocolate porter. Cask version was so smooth, based around the cask conditioning having modest carbonation. The coffee flavors really shined.. That seemed a bit heavy for my meal.

I decided on a Imperial Cream Ale (beer world cup silver medal winner) at 9.2%. This one was sweet, much like a Belgium strong ale/golden ale/ or tripel. I'd say it seems similar to Delirium Tremens in the sweetness malty factor. Almost no hop presence. Looking at my total wine, it doesnt appear to be any brewery out there to truly produce a qualty Cream Ale, like the two I had today. It just doesn't seem like a very popular style. I may have to go hunting for the tripel/golden ales to curb that sweet tooth (without the chocolate notes a stout or porter brings).

My second beer was a lighter normal Cream Ale. At 5.1%, the ABV is decent. But that sweetness was definitely lacking. Or maybe my tongue was used to the crazy 9.2% ABV.. In any event, the lighter version had a great sense of sessionability. While the Imperial version might put you under after 3 or 4. The alcohol was very well hidden.. Not to say I made brewery quality stuff, but the cream ale that we created back in July had the same sense of fruitiness/sweetness. Their ABV was in the 9 range while ours was just 6.6%. You definitely taste a touch of corn and rice, and then sweetness. If some place decent bottled a decent Cream Ale, that would be my go to beer style.
------

We also picked up a 12 pack of. Shiner Oktoberfest. This one was not a part of our challenge. It actually won a GABF gold medal in 2012. Reviews have this one as a truly average beer. So we all should take reviews, and awards jointly with a grain of salt.

For a night cap, I have a bottle of North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout that I may or may not try to have a side by side with on the Founders BFS.. I am unsure if I want to spoil my palete by having two beers at once.

Last edited:
Anyone know of any spots in North Jersey that sell single bottles or "build" a 6 pack?

I have some stuff I want to try but not buy a 6 pack of something I may not like :nerd:

Try Trader Joe's or World Market.

Last edited:

Co worker recommended this pumpkin beer from a local brewery. It was ok. decent session beer. Could've used more pumpkin. Notes of cinnamon and molasses.

Back
Top Bottom