NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Enjoying this with my girlfriend tonight. The bruery never disappoints.

^ Nice glassware!

Sipping on this tonight. Some good stuff right here! Was told by the guy at my local bottleshop that this taste very similar to KRBC's Citra. I highly recommend picking some up if you get a chance.

Last edited:
So Captain. Lawrence Reserve DIPA is pretty awesome.. Just breaking into that right now.

Month old bottle. Hop presence sorta there. But I dont know if thats even the style offering. It may be East coast IPA (more malty than hoppy) all the way because I just dont miss the hops here. I catch some citrus hops in the aroma. There is slight back end in the mouth bitterness. But overall I catch more malt sweetness than anything, and I LOVE IT. It's a very easy drinking beer. Heavier mouthfeel but it feels right. The balance seems about right for EC ipas. I am catching some slight tang or tartness that may be coming from the hops bitterness.. Definitely not a hop bomb, or an aroma bomb. I dont even really feel or taste any booziness. I've had other beers that may have lost their hop edge either by choice or by age/handling. But this is a very well made DIPA. Kind of a total opposite of a elevated IPA. But it may be closer to the full nelson bottles that are nearly 3 months old now. Those have lost some hop edge, but carry an unmatched sweetness. It's almost like a fruit juice type sweetness. As it warms, the backend bitterness becomes less forgiving. So it does still reminds you it has hops in it. I gave it a 4.5/5. A more prominent hop presence would have helped this near a 5/5. WIth that, I think I drank a 9% DIPA in record time.. The sweetness was killer for me. Very well crafted... Comparison Ford, any idea how long this has been out? I'd have to look at my records/photos because I was there back in May '13, and don't quite remember this. I do remember about 12 weird beers on tap.. This one seems quite normaly for CL

Last edited:
Taking a break from the SN Snowpack and copped this bad boy:

2014 Drake's Jolly Rodger brewed with Blue Bottle Coffee!!

A local favorite brewery and my favorite coffee?! Sold.

Slight impulse buys this Friday afternoon. One may be a gift.

TW had this vintage set of Alaskan Smoked Porter. One 22 oz. 2008 and another recent 22 oz. SP, along with two 12 oz. snifter glasses.. Price was a bit steep at $30. But I considered the following.. $10 for the standard current SP, add $1-2 for each vintage year, in this case about $6, So $10 plus $16 is right around $26. Then two glasses for $4? BARGAIN!
-Odell Montage winter set finally released around my way. It may be late? not sure. I really just wanted to try the gramps oatmeal stout set here. But fresh IPA and the 5 barrel which Ive never had doesnt hurt. A retry on Isolation is nice.. Price point in the 12pack was $17. A bit steep.
- Spaten Oktoberfest finally releases around my way. I hope its not already too "old" or expired. It took them 3 weeks into November to reach my area.. $8 for six is the bargain of the day thus far

Last edited:
That Alaskan Smoked Porter ages incredibly well, so the aged version should be killer. I think that's the year I had at GABF.

And with two glasses? Heck of a deal.

And I love Odell...let me know how that Gramps is.

Didn't enjoy this 7.2% is usually my favorite strength beers but not this one

Last edited:

Such good reviews....... But I think its DISGUSTING worst beer I had so far. I almost threw up drinking this crap.
I'll have to pick this up and see for myself. I tried a can of goldenroads backhome gingerbread stout at a bar/barber shop. It sort of nailed the gingerbread taste but it almost tasted like stale bread. Maybe it was due to chewing gum prior to having it.

kinda mad right now.. This odell montage pack is OLD... 12/26/14 best by on the stout, 1/1/15 on the IPA. I'm gonna guzzle these down this weekend and forget I ever bought it. The pack had release news around October and it just finally hit my area. I expected some better freshness. I heard their best by dates are dated 4 months ahead of bottling, so my IPA was bottled September 1st? That seems very odd. The isolation has the same date.

Gramps is an above par stout that hits the oatmeal/chocolate flavors perfectly. But lacks in some creaminess. It feels too carbonated almost. I'll need to revisit it along side some barney flats oatmeal stout by AVBC. I'd put it in the 90-92 ba score realm. Out of 32 ratings, it sits around a 86.

Isolation has some spiciness and unique malt character. I've never been big on winter warmers. We'll see how the old IPA and old Pale Ale taste tonight. That one seems to be better rated at 88. But I'd throw it in that weird realm of above averageness of 83-86

I'll have to pick this up and see for myself. I tried a can of goldenroads backhome gingerbread stout at a bar/barber shop. It sort of nailed the gingerbread taste but it almost tasted like stale bread. Maybe it was due to chewing gum prior to having it.

Seriously, idk what the hell it was. Taste wasnt appealing at all. I finished the whole bottle. Last 3 sips I wanted to throw up. I love SA products. But wtffffff.

Back
Top Bottom