NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

had a few bottles of coors banquet last night (happy hour special) and it didn't seem so bad, but something wasn't sitting right afterwards...

had a bad headache throughout the evening afterwards...

will not try again

had a few bottles of coors banquet last night (happy hour special) and it didn't seem so bad, but something wasn't sitting right afterwards...

had a bad headache throughout the evening afterwards...

will not try again
Tall boy banquets used to be my go to beer back in college. The can >>>

I need to make a trip over there, wish it wasn't in the middle of nowhere.
Totally worth it. Takes me about 40 minutes from where I live so I usually go once a month to restock my supply.

I would recommend going during the week if you can because the weekends are crazy busy. Sometimes the growler wait is like 1.5-2 hours.

Last night I got there around 6 and I was in and out of there in about 10 minutes.

Picked up some Treehouse last night.

Alter Ego and Julius. Also got 2 growlers of Traverse and Eureka w/Citra.
Awesome pick-ups.  I was lucky enough to go to Torst on a day that a dude from Treehouse was there.  He brought a can of Julius, Green, and a growler of Eureka with Mosaic.  Julius and Green were great, but the Eureka with Mosaic blew me away. So flavorful for 3%.

As for me, I have the day off today and it's beautiful out.  My roommate drunkenly finished one of my 4-packs of Green Diamonds, so he gave me his 4-pack of Street Green as a way to make amends.  Apology accepted, Dan. 
roll.gif

It's so funny.  My roommate always says "we have too many glasses," which is met with lukewarm agreement.  Then we forget all about that conversation when we stumble upon something we like 
laugh.gif
.  Picked this one up last weekend as well:

You in NYC papi? Side piece just moved to Manhattan and I haven't been in like 6 years. Gonna have to make a visit :evil:

Brooklyn Brewery was the only one that existed then :lol: Other Half is for sure on the list of places to visit. Other spots to check out?

Last edited:
You in NYC papi? Side piece just moved to Manhattan and I haven't been in like 6 years. Gonna have to make a visit
devil.gif

Brooklyn Brewery was the only one that existed then
laugh.gif
Other Half is for sure on the list of places to visit. Other spots to check out?
Nah. I'm out on the island.  

I'll say this much about Other Half: they make incredible beers, it's a great place to pick up cans/bottles/get growler fills, but I've been to the tasting room one time for the exclusive purpose of drinking on premises and that was enough.  It's a cramped, slightly-dingy space with not that much going on other than good beer.  Having said that: can releases are every other Saturday and you'd be a fool not to go if you were in the area. 

Other good NYC/Brooklyn spots are as follows:  Torst, Threes Brewing, Blind Tiger, Proletariat, Covenhoven, Fool's Gold, The Cannibal, Barcade.

If you are to go, definitely recommend Torst and Threes above all else.  Threes is brewing beer that's just as good (if not better) than Other Half.  They just don't get the attention because they don't bottle or can yet.  They also have some awesome stuff from other breweries on tap.  Hill Farmstead Dorothy was on tap last time I was there.

Totally worth it. Takes me about 40 minutes from where I live so I usually go once a month to restock my supply.

I would recommend going during the week if you can because the weekends are crazy busy. Sometimes the growler wait is like 1.5-2 hours.

Last night I got there around 6 and I was in and out of there in about 10 minutes.
Thanks for the info! Working in Boston the weekdays would be horrible, more interested in cans anyways. Going to try to manage one Wednesday just want to make sure they have the beers I want. 

Awesome pick-ups.  I was lucky enough to go to Torst on a day that a dude from Treehouse was there.  He brought a can of Julius, Green, and a growler of Eureka with Mosaic.  Julius and Green were great, but the Eureka with Mosaic blew me away. So flavorful for 3%.

As for me, I have the day off today and it's beautiful out.  My roommate drunkenly finished one of my 4-packs of Green Diamonds, so he gave me his 4-pack of Street Green as a way to make amends.  Apology accepted, Dan. 
roll.gif

Treehouse is obviously well know for there IPA's but there pale ales and blondes are just as amazing imo. If you liked Eureka you would love Lights On as well which is an easy APA (5.9%) and goes down so smooth!

I really need to try some Other Half soon! Seeing it everywhere online lately.

Thanks for the info! Working in Boston the weekdays would be horrible, more interested in cans anyways. Going to try to manage one Wednesday just want to make sure they have the beers I want. 
No problem man! The can line usually goes pretty quick, even during peak hours like Saturday morning. I just follow them on twitter because they always send out info on what cans the will have during the week and how many. You can always check their website as well which has all their beers on tap and their availability.

Last edited:

Don't think this one is hyped much outside of MI, but I was happy to find a ton of these at a favorite bottle shop.

Don't think this one is hyped much outside of MI, but I was happy to find a ton of these at a favorite bottle shop.

$5 for a BBA stout? Score.
My last trip to MI all I had from them was How Now. Solid for a brown ale.
I'd clean out those Xocoveza's back there too if I was you.

This was sitting in my fridge for over a year. If I knew just how tasty it was, it wouldn't have lasted that long.
Good stuff.

Would really like to try some of the lambics but can't justify the prices.

Got these two last night. Was in the mood for something sweet.

Really liked the Fruli. It had a pretty straightforward taste of strawberry with a little orange peel on the end. Would of liked a higher alcohol content. The Mckenzie was disappointing. Tasted watered down and generic overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom