NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Just taking it easy with an oldie but goodie by cheap beer standards ...
Have a Good Weekend All.

Last edited:
I have no idea what to get now. Planning to browse and pick a brown ale and porter.

Last edited:
Was about to get the doghead but want to start off with something more traditional.

Lets see how this goes.

Tonight's haul. This Pure Hoppiness better be good considering the $18 price tag.

Last edited:
Was about to get the doghead but want to start off with something more traditional.

Lets see how this goes.

Good choices. I would go Brown ale/Oatmeal Stout/Porter in that order if you are going for a test trial.

You should jump into some saisons, blone ales, craft lagers, and kolsches. I mentioned I had been sitting on a couple for what seems like weeks now. I'll get into that tomorrow. Most are trying to get the lightest flavor out of the malts and being close to bud light type beer, to cater to the new craft drinkers. I still enjoy them for what they.
----------------
Neosole89, not bad. That's still cheaper than a $7 bomber. 32 cents an ounce for bomber vs. 25 cents an ounce with a 18 dollar sixer. There's a good thread on BA about bombers. Good discussion. Your value is in the sixer. But if it sucks, would you have been better off paying more per ounce for less, but overall less $ out of pocket. I'm conflicted constantly.

Any tries on the LC or Bosque brews?

Heard some decent things about the Harvest Ale by Founders. Was it bottled recently? Harvest season seems so 3 months ago.

----

Just finished a 4 month old SN oktoberfest, I have a bad habit of keeping at least one bottle out of a sixer of 12 pack for a rainy day. The beer is sorta turning. No more aroma. Its just all sharp crisp carbonated flavors with a touch of biscuits. I shoulda had one before dumping $15 into a 12 pack of 3 month SN Ofest. Nothing tastes off, but its just sorta "there"

Last edited:
^ True, definitely more value than bombers but still pricey when compared to other sixers. Harvest ale was bottle on 10/1/15. Both will be had this weekend.

Still working through the beers from our trade. LC beers were fantastic as always. The Wet Hopped PD was lacking in hop aroma (probably due to it being a few months old) but still pretty damn good. Had the Scale Tipper a few days ago. Very solid brew as well. NM doing big things!

It's SD beer week. Also the same week when I make use of the Costco ibuprofen

Haha. Same thing here in DFW. North Texas beer week started last night. Ended up at Community Brewery (my favorite local) for the most recent batch of their barrel aged Legion (Russian imperial stout). They had a majority of the barrels lining the walls of the taproom and the smell almost knocked me off my feet (in a very good way) when I walked in.

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/1FAD9153-0575-43FA-8013-764F9747C5D9.jpg.html

Last edited:
Just in case I forget where my paycheck went:

I have to say though: this Other Half can release was awful.  Professional line-sitters, line-cutters, and people drinking openly all throughout the line.  You could cut the tension with a knife.  Then they announced that they were lowering the limit on Street Green and everyone bellyached about it.  The line came to a complete standstill for about 30 minutes after the announcement.  I really hope hyped collaboration beers like this are gonna be few and far between.  I like being able to get there an hour early and leave 20 minutes after doors open.  I got there at 8:00 AM this time and didn't get off the line until noon.  

On the bright side: the egg sandwich I got from the Gaddy Lane table inside the brewery was next-level.  Almost made the wait worth it. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I have to say though: this Other Half can release was awful.  Professional line-sitters, line-cutters, and people drinking openly all throughout the line.  You could cut the tension with a knife.  Then they announced that they were lowering the limit on Street Green and everyone bellyached about it.  The line came to a complete standstill for about 30 minutes after the announcement.  I really hope hyped collaboration beers like this are gonna be few and far between.  I like being able to get there an hour early and leave 20 minutes after doors open.  I got there at 8:00 AM this time and didn't get off the line until noon.  

I've given up on releases that require waiting in line. Wayyyyy too many good beers out there.

Had the Founders Porter first. Wasn't quite prepared for what it had to offer lol. This was my first porter/stout style beer. It had a really good flavor but the bitterness was a little off putting. I had the brown ale after which was meh.

Just finished the oatmeal stout which was really good! Had a great balance between the flavors. If I had to nitpick I'd say I would of preferred a little less carbonation. Definitely going to buy more in the future.

Got these tonight.

Wasn't planning on buying any beers today but these just landed :smokin

Sipping on this tonight. Straight hop bomb! Piney, resinous and dank as hell.

Back
Top Bottom