NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Chimay Blue is world class. You just have to really like the styles they do. Blue is a belgium dark strong ale. Red is a Dubbel. White, a tripel.

Speaking of Dubbels, a buddy gave me some New Belgium Abbey, dubbel. Quite a nice sweet candy type malt sweetness. No complaints at all on that one. BA score is quite nice too. Can't believe I have ignored that one for so long.

RE Asian Beers. TsingTao and Sapporo are two Ive had. Basically Asia's Budweiser and Miller Lights. The world all around us is dominated by the 4% water logged nearly skunk like flavored beers.

I popped the top to a 15 BCBS last night. Superb stuff. I now have two to age for at least 6 more months. It had quite a bite, but I never felt it to be too sweet. My taste buds are probably skewed by now.

I thought this was solid, but there are better stouts at the price point.

Did someone actually say Bourbon County is garbage? :lol:
I woke up normal time on Friday. Went to my local TW at 10. They were out of regular but had Regal and Rare. Bought a Regal. Went to my lbs, and walked out with a regular. No lines. No headache. I got exactly what I wanted.

You passed on a Rare? Not that I'd go outta my way any more but I'm not sure i would of passed knowing they had it. I mean ****, even for the resale sneaker style :lol:

I bet that Regal is good. Let me know.

the wife and I came out to Maui to visit some old friends for Turkey day. Stopped by Maui Bewing's Brewpub. They had the Imperial Coconut Porter and Jaws on tap as well as their Adopted Arrogant Bastard.

Imperial Coconut Porter is incredible. Lots of cocoa and coconut. Mouthfeel is a step above their regular coconut porter. Jaws was a beast of mosaic hops. Really reminded me of a 2+ year aged 120 minute. Incredible smooth, hoppy but that mellow candy-like sweetness.

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/admerr/media/A69CE6BE-F698-430D-BB93-BB3093D13E2E.jpg.html

Never posted in this thread before but felt compelled to with this one. Was in Bruges, Belgium a few weeks ago and had "Tripel de Garre". As you can tell by the name it's a tripel (11.5% ABV) and you are only allowed four in one sitting (I had three). It is only available on tap at one bar in the world and it's in Bruges. It is hands down the best beer I ever had. The foam is amazing and the beer is a little sweet with hints of orange. It comes in this fishbowl type glass that I bought as a souvenieur. The fact this is only available one place in the world certainly adds to the allure. If you love beer, you need to go to Bruges just for this beer.

Sipping on some BA Dark Star tonight. Damn good! Nice balance of bourbon, chocolate and dark fruit notes. Velvety mouthfeel. Up there as far as BBA stouts.

Chimay Blue is world class. You just have to really like the styles they do. Blue is a belgium dark strong ale. Red is a Dubbel. White, a .

Been through the 3 and completely agree, if you like their style you're good.. For me, not a huge fan.. But can drink the blue from time to time

Can't believe the responses on Asian beers.. Off the top of my head I've been through: Tsingtao regular and light, asahi, singha, tiger, Sapporo, beerlao, Kirin, Chang and lion

And I guess lucky Buddha

Last edited:
Asian beers are gross on their own. Only time I drink then is when I'm eating eating Japanese/thai food

Agreed about Chimay blue is delicious. Was my first trappiste beer and really made me fall in love with quads

Last edited:
Never posted in this thread before but felt compelled to with this one. Was in Bruges, Belgium a few weeks ago and had "Tripel de Garre". As you can tell by the name it's a tripel (11.5% ABV) and you are only allowed four in one sitting (I had three). It is only available on tap at one bar in the world and it's in Bruges. It is hands down the best beer I ever had. The foam is amazing and the beer is a little sweet with hints of orange. It comes in this fishbowl type glass that I bought as a souvenieur. The fact this is only available one place in the world certainly adds to the allure. If you love beer, you need to go to Bruges just for this beer.

Is that what the bartender told you?

Unless this is a different beer

Is that what the bartender told you?

Unless this is a different beer

That's the same beer but I'm talmbout it being available 24/7/365. I think they might send out kegs around the world but from what I was told, there's only one place you can get it year round.

EDIT: That pic you posted looks like it was poured from the magnum bottle they sell at the bar in Bruges. I believe it was about $75 USD. Notice it wasn't poured in the "garre" glass.

Last edited:
I'm the type of person who doesn't care what glass a beer is poured in

*kanye shrug*

Anyway, **** exclusivity

There were people camping out all night for BCBS at all my local spots. I just casually walked up at 750am since they opened at 8am. Was able to grab a bunch of it. Ended up grabbing a case of the Regal Rye and Coffee since I knew one of the owners and he hooked me up. Not all of it is for me, I'm sending out bottles to my boys who don't have access to the Regal Rye around their way. I'm only keeping 2 or 3 of them. Same with the coffee, but I'll probably keep more of the coffee since I really like it.

I got lucky. Only had to hit up three spots all within an 8 mile radius and was able to haul in these. Didn't bother buying the rare since it's $60 for a 16.9 oz bottle of beer. Had a tasting with the rare this past weekend. It's good and complex, but I'd be mad at myself for spending $60 on it.

Thoughts on chimay?

And what's everyone's favorite Asian beer?
Hitachino Nest White Ale or the Celebration Ale. I really want to try their Espresso stout but I can't find it for the life of me. Might have a buddy in Japan haul some over for me next time he visits. 

I tend to side with Asahi when I'm eating at restaurants since it's widely available and the dryness of the beer pairs well with Asian food.

Hitachino Nest White Ale or the Celebration Ale. I really want to try their Espresso stout but I can't find it for the life of me. Might have a buddy in Japan haul some over for me next time he visits. 

I tend to side with Asahi when I'm eating at restaurants since it's widely available and the dryness of the beer pairs well with Asian food.
I actually got to try the espresso stout Saturday and it was great.  I only got one bottle from a friend and now I am on the hunt for more.

I actually got to try the espresso stout Saturday and it was great.  I only got one bottle from a friend and now I am on the hunt for more.
nthat.gif
 Lucky!  I've been hunting that down for a while now but never seem to catch it. I've only heard good things about it and the rest of their beers haven't disappointed me yet.

Case of Regal AND Coffee?! God damb.

Remember when I said I was done seeking out Bourbon County a year ago?  Well..

Got much more than I expected. Would've loved to have gotten multiple bottles of Coffee, but beggars can't be choosers.  Just stoked I was able to get every variant other than Rare.

Also stumbled upon some goodies along the way:

Probably gonna have to forego that trip to Other Half this weekend. 
laugh.gif

Cheers, NT.

I'm tired of watery IPAs and beers....I want something thick with depth and flavor

Last edited:
Gas station got on some regular BCS but wants $15.99 a bottle. After paying $9.99 it's hard to justify that anymore. After the crap I went thru, I don't think I'm over paying for beer anymore.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and say it: 2015 BCBS>2015 BCBCS.  

The booze is incredibly subdued for fresh Bourbon County.   Honestly one of the best batches I've ever had.  

Not even in search of the variants anymore.  The regular is where it's at.

Back
Top Bottom